The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Can some of you guys post what ya felt were the top three or so most entertaining (doesn't have to mean high scoring) CL matches from Tuesday and Wednesday without spoilers? I've got them all recorded to the DVR and manage to avoid all the results but I only have so much time. Good lookin.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by B Town Legend

Can some of you guys post what ya felt were the top three or so most entertaining (doesn't have to mean high scoring) CL matches from Tuesday and Wednesday without spoilers?

I missed them all, but Utd-Basel looked like a good one from reading the reports. So there's one for you, I guess.

West Ham wants to take local hero Carlos Tevez back on loan until MCFC can sell him in January.

[h2]
[/h2]
By Brooks Peck

man_united_fans_get_last_laugh_in_carlos_tevez_billboard_war.jpg
When Man City signed Carlos Tevez after his bitter breakup with Man United and put him on a billboard in the city center that read "Welcome to Manchester," it marked a new level of club to club smack talk and prompted numerous responses and retaliations over the last couple years. But now that Tevez is being kicked out at City after two years of taunts, Man United fans have taken the opportunity to unleash the perfect revenge.

Friday night, on a digital billboard in Piccadilly Gardens, the Manchester United Supporters Trust paid to have a revised version of the famous Tevez poster beamed out. It depicts a sulking Tevez sitting on the bench and reads "Welcome to Carlos, Manchester."

From the Manchester Evening News:
Duncan Drasdo, from the MUST, said: "It is just meant to be a bit of fun. The original City banner was quite cheeky. This is our chance to get our own back."

The trust includes a number of high-flying ad men, including president Richard Hytner - deputy chair of Saatchi & Saatchi [advertising agency].

But Mr Drasdo, who refused to say who paid for the electronic advert, said 'a large number of the group's members' had been behind the idea.
[/url][/h2]

I don't often say this, but well done Man United fans. That's just fantastic.
http://
man_united_fans_get_last_laugh_in_carlos_tevez_billboard_war.jpg
This is why you don't taunt your rivals with Carlos Tevez. It will backfire.

Top Photo: PA

Related: England

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/blog/sow_experts?keyword=England

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Where Do yu gots see Tevez ending up ? Spain, or possibly a move back to United, he'd be a great sub off the bench instead of Berbatov i think.. You guys thoughts ??
Fergie would never allow it.  I think the main reason they didn't buy him in the end was because of his whining, you don't need a spoilt little scumbag disrupting the dressing room.  
If Tevez tried to do what he did at United, he would have been fired on the spot no questions.

As for where Tevez would be happy who knows, I mean the dude has been in England for 6years and still doesn't speak any English!  I think if he goes to Spain or something, give him six months before he complains about wanting to be with his family or some other excuse.

United have had a bad couple of games and I'm sad to say Ferdinand looks to have lost significant amount of pace, hopefully its just match fitness and not a major decline.  We are missing Vida!!
O'rly? 
[h1]
[h1]Paul Scholes understands Carlos Tevez's refusal to play[/h1]
Page last updated at19:44 GMT, Thursday, 29 September 2011 20:44 UK

Scholes played alongside Tevez at Manchester United between 2007 and 2009
Paul Scholes says he understands why Manchester City's Carlos Tevez apparently refused to warm upagainst Bayern Munich.

Ex-Manchester United midfielder Scholes was unwilling to play in a League Cup tie in 2001, having been dropped for the previous game against Liverpool.

He stated what he did was "equally bad if not worse" than Tevez's situation.

"I know Carlos quite well. He's a player who wants to be playing," Scholes told BBC Radio 5 live.

"When he's a sub, it will be killing him.

"It's totally up to the manager but Carlos wouldn't have been thinking that. He'll be thinking, 'The manager is against me, why is he not bringing me on? I'm City's best player and he's not playing me'.

"I'm not saying he [Tevez] is right - it's totally up to the manager."

[h2]PAUL SCHOLES CAREER FACTFILE[/h2]
  • 676 Man Utd appearances, 150 goals
  • 66 England caps, 14 goals
  • Premier League winner: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
  • FA Cup: 1996, 1999, 2004
  • Champions League: 2008
  • League Cup: 2009, 2010
  • PFA Team of the Year: 2003, 2007
  • 18th highest scorer in Premier League history (102 goals)
  • 4th most-booked player in Premier League history (87 yellow cards)

Scholes, 36, refused to play for Sir Alex Ferguson after being selected in a weakened team for a November 2001 League Cup defeat by Arsenal, a day after being dropped for a Premier League defeat by rivals Liverpool.

And he added: "You think you should be playing and my head was all over the place. I thought he [Sir Alex Ferguson] was messing me about, wrongly really. It's up to him what he does with his team.

"I realise it was stupid. I let the manager down and it was something I regretted. It's probably similar to Carlos Tevez's state of mind if it is true he refused to come on."

Scholes insists he apologised to Ferguson soon afterwards and was fined a week's wages.

He said: "Considering what I did, the manager was well within his rights to sack me and do whatever he wanted me to do with me.

"I went to apologise as soon as I realised I'd made a massive mistake.

"He fined me the maximum and that was it - the story was over and I think I played the next game."
[/h1]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]http://news.bbc.co.uk/spo.../15118581.stm?print=true[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]

How's everyone liking that camo-Toffees shirt? Haha.
EDIT ~ Damn, didn't like what I saw tonight.  D still shaky... while the finishing could have been a lot better.  Norwich could have easily scored 3 goals.  Oh well, a win's a win.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Where Do yu gots see Tevez ending up ? Spain, or possibly a move back to United, he'd be a great sub off the bench instead of Berbatov i think.. You guys thoughts ??
Fergie would never allow it.  I think the main reason they didn't buy him in the end was because of his whining, you don't need a spoilt little scumbag disrupting the dressing room.  
If Tevez tried to do what he did at United, he would have been fired on the spot no questions.

As for where Tevez would be happy who knows, I mean the dude has been in England for 6years and still doesn't speak any English!  I think if he goes to Spain or something, give him six months before he complains about wanting to be with his family or some other excuse.

United have had a bad couple of games and I'm sad to say Ferdinand looks to have lost significant amount of pace, hopefully its just match fitness and not a major decline.  We are missing Vida!!
O'rly? 
[h1]
[h1]Paul Scholes understands Carlos Tevez's refusal to play[/h1]
Page last updated at19:44 GMT, Thursday, 29 September 2011 20:44 UK

Scholes played alongside Tevez at Manchester United between 2007 and 2009
Paul Scholes says he understands why Manchester City's Carlos Tevez apparently refused to warm upagainst Bayern Munich.

Ex-Manchester United midfielder Scholes was unwilling to play in a League Cup tie in 2001, having been dropped for the previous game against Liverpool.

He stated what he did was "equally bad if not worse" than Tevez's situation.

"I know Carlos quite well. He's a player who wants to be playing," Scholes told BBC Radio 5 live.

"When he's a sub, it will be killing him.

"It's totally up to the manager but Carlos wouldn't have been thinking that. He'll be thinking, 'The manager is against me, why is he not bringing me on? I'm City's best player and he's not playing me'.

"I'm not saying he [Tevez] is right - it's totally up to the manager."

[h2]PAUL SCHOLES CAREER FACTFILE[/h2]
  • 676 Man Utd appearances, 150 goals
  • 66 England caps, 14 goals
  • Premier League winner: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
  • FA Cup: 1996, 1999, 2004
  • Champions League: 2008
  • League Cup: 2009, 2010
  • PFA Team of the Year: 2003, 2007
  • 18th highest scorer in Premier League history (102 goals)
  • 4th most-booked player in Premier League history (87 yellow cards)

Scholes, 36, refused to play for Sir Alex Ferguson after being selected in a weakened team for a November 2001 League Cup defeat by Arsenal, a day after being dropped for a Premier League defeat by rivals Liverpool.

And he added: "You think you should be playing and my head was all over the place. I thought he [Sir Alex Ferguson] was messing me about, wrongly really. It's up to him what he does with his team.

"I realise it was stupid. I let the manager down and it was something I regretted. It's probably similar to Carlos Tevez's state of mind if it is true he refused to come on."

Scholes insists he apologised to Ferguson soon afterwards and was fined a week's wages.

He said: "Considering what I did, the manager was well within his rights to sack me and do whatever he wanted me to do with me.

"I went to apologise as soon as I realised I'd made a massive mistake.

"He fined me the maximum and that was it - the story was over and I think I played the next game."
[/h1]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Because Tevez and Scholes act exactly the same right? Come on son, Scholes had been there for 10 years (including youth career) at that time.

Lamps!

It's funny how hehas reacted after everyone thought he was done, scoring 4 goals in 2 matches.

Let's not overreact positively because he scored three goals against an incredibly poor Bolton side. Until Mikel came on, the midfield three were mostly anonymous for a long period of time, and the criticism recently has been of his legs and his fitness, which I am not entirely sure was proven today.

I don't think that people questioned that Frank was still clinical in front of goal, but the signature late runs that has been a part of his game have been missing, if he was tracking back to defend, or vice-versa.

As happy as I am with the result, I think this would have been an excellent chance to give Lukaku, Romeu, or Josh a run out, so as seemingly committed AVB seems to be to the youth movement, the Carling Cup fixture has still been the only sign that he really is interested.

Chelsea
pimp.gif

Lampard and Sturridge
pimp.gif

Now time for Tottenham and Arsenal.. hopefully get to see Gio out there..

Arsenal shouldn't be down. Their midfield was so much better than Spurs in that half.

Smh Ramsey has been shocking the first half, he needs to be taken off ASAP. Coquelin keeps impressing me this season I'm pretty excited about this kid.

Down one at half thanks to a no called handball in the box by that clown VDV. Come on Arsenal!

Back
Top Bottom