The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h1]Broken leg for Sagna adds to Arsenal misery[/h1]

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

*le sigh*
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
Dude...smh 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

hes okay, but i doubt he could get with it in the epl

indifferent.gif

ill describe him in a bit after this us open game..montero finna get one in stoppage time.

Originally Posted by Demps

indifferent.gif

ill describe him in a bit after this us open game..montero finna get one in stoppage time.
I won't say much for fear of being accused of anti-USNMT bias again, but I HOPE you're not gonna try to justify reports that Chelsea and the Manch teams are having a bidding war over this dude. 
Maybe he could hang in the EPL, but let's be realistic; sometime contributor for a mid-table squad AT BEST. 

Dude is slow as #$#@ for a winger if he is gonna try to play in the Prem right now. I think what intrigues these sides about him is that he can come in the January window when MLS is over, he's really young and has raw talent. Call it the Chicharito effect; what does a team have to lose with a young, raw, cheap player who has excelled in CONCACAF? Makes more sense in this climate to buy Joel Campbell for 1m than some dipstick Andy Carroll for 40m. They're all trying to find the next crack from our region since Chicharito blew up.

With that said, WELCOME TO CFC! Always thought he looked like a hobo Torres.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Demps

indifferent.gif

I won't say much for fear of being accused of anti-USNMT bias again, but I HOPE you're not gonna try to justify reports that Chelsea and the Manch teams are having a bidding war over this dude. 
Maybe he could hang in the EPL, but let's be realistic; sometime contributor for a mid-table squad AT BEST. 

For the record, there's really nothing funny about purported interest from Chelsea or Man Utd. He's been publicly drawing that kind of interest since last offseason. 

RIGHT NOW at 21 years old he can compete for consistent minutes on virtually any low to mid table Premiership team. There's really no point in speculating beyond that, but if there's one thing that's not realistic it's putting a cap on a player with his talent level and natural ability.

Bean Pie Slanga wrote:
Dude is slow as #$#@ for a winger if he is gonna try to play in the Prem right now.

He's easily top 5 speed in all of MLS. Let's leave the Euro fairy dust alone, he's not close to being slow in any meaningful context. He might not look fast with that 6'4" stride but the kid has elite speed at any level. 

Dude, I watched him play against Costa Rica, he's definitely not pacey enough to be effective in the Prem right now. I love how you say "fairy dust" when talking about the Prem yet you proclaim him as top 5 speedster in MLS like that's supposed to mean the world to me.
laugh.gif

Let's face the facts: he's young with raw ability and worth a punt for any side in the top flight of England. Can we agree? There has to be some common ground met between the fanboys and the realists.

Meanwhile, Rooney foolishly gets sent-off for a kicking the opponent. At least he'll be read for Liverpool.
EDIT ~ Well, can't say Montenegro didn't deserve it... 2-2.  

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Dude, I watched him play against Costa Rica, he's definitely not pacey enough to be effective in the Prem right now. I love how you say "fairy dust" when talking about the Prem yet you proclaim him as top 5 speedster in MLS like that's supposed to mean the world to me.
laugh.gif

Let's face the facts: he's young with raw ability and worth a punt for any side in the top flight of England. Can we agree? There has to be some common ground met between the fanboys and the realists.

I said fairy dust when talking about you, I'm sorry but saying Brek Shea is too slow for the Prem is delusional. 

I'm no fanboy, I'm not even a Dallas fan
laugh.gif
, maybe you're no euro elitist, just unaware. Like I said Shea isn't slow in any context. Not in MLS, not in the Prem, not in any league on earth. 

Anybody who's watched him blow by domestic and international competition can see that. For comparison purposes, his speed is quite a bit more of a threat than that of an aging Landon Donovan, but I wouldn't be surprised if you thought he was too slow for the outside at Everton.

Marlo, Evra AND Rooney all off... Hmmm...

Damn Rooney will now miss the group-stage games, I think?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]LIVERPOOL and Manchester City watched American wonderkid Brek Shea as the US beat Honduras 1-0.[/h2]
Germans Schalke have already had a £2.5million bid rejected for the powerful Dallas winger, 21.

Back
Top Bottom