The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

• AC Milan are considering a move for Liverpool's 29-year-old Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina.
  • Barcelona want a new defender and have Arsenal's Thomas Vermaelen, 26, Manchester City's Vincent Kompany, 26, and Chelsea's David Luiz, 25, on their hit-list if they are unable to sign their No.1 target, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez, 23.
  • Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong, 27, who has one year left on his contract, says he is unsure about his future despite signalling his desire to stay at the Premier League champions.
  • AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has ruled out a move for Manchester City, Italy and former Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli, 21.
  • Sunderland are winning the race to sign striker Louis Saha, 33, who is a free agent after leaving Tottenham, ahead of interest from the Middle East.
  • West Ham have upped their bid to land Grant Holt, 31, to £5.5m after seeing a £3m offer rejected by Norwich.
  • Newcastle are ready to seal a deal for FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong, 21, by paying £9m but have failed to sign France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, 26, from Lille. - Daily Mail
  • Clint Hill, 33, signs a one-year deal at QPR - snubbing a switch to Leeds.
  • Tottenham have had direct negotiations with former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas and they are poised to offer him a deal to succeed Harry Redknapp.

Pogrebnyak could join Reading.
Contento extends his contract with Bayern.
Lucio could join Fenerbahce.
AS Rome are not willing to pay 7mil euros for Kjaer.
Lazio Rome in talks with Barnetta.
Jesualdo Ferreira stays as coach at Panathinaikos.
Andy Johnson (Fulham) joins QPR.
Flamini is not accepting a pay cut and will leave AC Milan.Could join Malaga.
Lazio Rome wants Kuba.
Jordi Alba will apparently join Barca.
Spurs in talks with Villas-Boas.
Bayern interested in Pep Guardiola.

I think Blatter has been on board with GLT, it's Platini that's holding out.

AVB back...
pimp.gif

Indeed, Blatter's timing was very odd. Was it after England-Germany where he said we needed the "human-error element" in the game? And now he does a 180 and says it's "a necessity"?

what club does that swedish player play for? the 6' 5" guy...don't know how to attempt to spell his name
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Nani has been disgruntled because contract talks have been quiet, and cause SAF hasn't reached out to him.  
I think it's media sensationalism though, he'll get a new contract. 

Dude was the most consistent player in the PL the season before last.

that's the problem,unfortunately...
he'll play really well in one season and then go missing the next...
technically,he's brilliant but i don't know...seems like he lacks the mental strength that separates him from the likes of Ronaldo...

Ando as well...i feel next season might just be his make-or-break...
i know his Utd career has somewhat been hampered by injuries but he hasn't shown much since their CL triumph back in '08...

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by quik1987

smile.gif
at everyone signing everywhere but Man U
Kagawa won't save you. Arsenal on the come up, Chelsea on the come up, City on the Throne.
pimp.gif

Man Utd aint the draw they used to be..

time and again we've proved the doubters wrong (ask alan hansen) and this will be no different.

381266_2697573248773_1539897261_2732004_1783871158_n.jpg
lol we were 5 seconds from the title and ppl thinking we lost a step. LMAO at ppl mentioning Arsenal in the same sentence.  

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

• AC Milan are considering a move for Liverpool's 29-year-old Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina. - Daily Mail
  • Barcelona want a new defender and have Arsenal's Thomas Vermaelen, 26, Manchester City's Vincent Kompany, 26, and Chelsea's David Luiz, 25, on their hit-list if they are unable to sign their No.1 target, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez, 23. - Daily Mirror
  • Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong, 27, who has one year left on his contract, says he is unsure about his future despite signalling his desire to stay at the Premier League champions. - the Sun
  • AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has ruled out a move for Manchester City, Italy and former Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli, 21. - talkSPORT
  • Sunderland are winning the race to sign striker Louis Saha, 33, who is a free agent after leaving Tottenham, ahead of interest from the Middle East. - Daily Mirror
  • West Ham have upped their bid to land Grant Holt, 31, to £5.5m after seeing a £3m offer rejected by Norwich. - the Sun
  • Newcastle are ready to seal a deal for FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong, 21, by paying £9m but have failed to sign France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, 26, from Lille. - Daily Mail
  • Clint Hill, 33, signs a one-year deal at QPR - snubbing a switch to Leeds. - the Sun
  • Tottenham have had direct negotiations with former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas and they are poised to offer him a deal to succeed Harry Redknapp. - Guardian
I hope Barca signs Vermaelen just to piss off Arsenal fans
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm glad the talks for Jordi Alba have been suspended for now. Don't get me wrong, he's a beast, but Barca really needs some height. We already have too many players who are 5'6; it's no surprise that we are trash at defending set pieces.

And yeah, I wouldn't count out Man United at all even though they're underdogs for the title this season. Kagawa is a good signing and they might get Jordi Alba as well, so all is not lost if they don't get Modric. Aside from that they will always have the ability to pull out wins despite playing like @#$@ for 99% of a match
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Nani has been disgruntled because contract talks have been quiet, and cause SAF hasn't reached out to him.  
I think it's media sensationalism though, he'll get a new contract. 

Dude was the most consistent player in the PL the season before last.
that's the problem,unfortunately...
he'll play really well in one season and then go missing the next...
technically,he's brilliant but i don't know...seems like he lacks the mental strength that separates him from the likes of Ronaldo...

Ando as well...i feel next season might just be his make-or-break...
i know his Utd career has somewhat been hampered by injuries but he hasn't shown much since their CL triumph back in '08...
SAF will sell Anderson at the first chance he gets. Dude has been weak and injury prone. 
The midfield needs a complete overhaul. And I hope Cleverley spent his entire summer working on his shot accuracy 

Originally Posted by Curious24

pimp.gif

time and again we've proved the doubters wrong (ask alan hansen) and this will be no different.

lol we were 5 seconds from the title and ppl thinking we lost a step. LMAO at ppl mentioning Arsenal in the same sentence.  
True.. But Man U had an 8 point lead with 6 games to play..
It should have never came down to that..

Man. U is not the Man. U of old..

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

True.. But Man U had an 8 point lead with 6 games to play..
It should have never came down to that..

Man. U is not the Man. U of old..

It's true...we're not the same United as we once were.  But nothing can be the same forever.  We've evolved over the decades, and will continue to evolve.  The league is different now.  More money, more big players and it will continue to be this way (if a sheik or oligarch really wants a club to buy... I'd say look into Everton) 
SAF has instilled the core values in the club to ensure it will be successful during our lifetime.  Our relentless drive to win; never giving up until the season is over. 

We may have a bad season or two in store, but the reality is that we'll always be contenders...I don't expect United to win every single season in my lifetime....but I expect them to push and never stop until nothing can else can be done. 

That's what I love about United...

side note....

what on earth is going on here?

od14421607j:tw1

pimp.gif

You're not even exaggerating and I still find it so hard to fathom the results
laugh.gif

anyone watching the Copa Libertadores semis 2nd leg?score tied at 1-1,Corinthians leading Santos 2-1 on aggregate...
i think Santos was denied a penalty there somewhere around the 60th minute...

Originally Posted by turbomugenhatch

looks like santos about to be eliminated .

yup,Corinthians are through to the final...
they played well...i watched the 2nd half and the defence didn't give Neymar a sniff at goal,putting two men on him everytime he had the ball...

The one criticism I have of Neymar is that the Copa games I have seen him he does not dominate the game like he does when he playing the Brazilian state games, This the thing he needs to work on before Europe

smile.gif
Kagawa won't save you. Arsenal on the come up, Chelsea on the come up, City on the Throne.
laugh.gif
 This clown is too hype for no reason at all

Giovinco transfer to Juventus is now official.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that it has terminated in its favour the current player sharing agreement with Parma F.C. S.p.A. (ex art. 102 bis N.O.I.F.) concerning the registration rights of the player Sebastian Giovinco. The sum for the termination has been set at € 11 million that will be paid by Juventus in the next three football seasons.

The contract of employment signed by the player will last until 30 June 2015.

http://www.juventus.com/j...s/21giu2012_giovinco_eng

Sebastian Giovinco’s much-anticipated return to Juventus has been confirmed, as the Bianconeri announce his transfer on their official website.

This week saw Juve’s advanced negotiations with Parma for the 25-year-old made public, and whilst Beppe Marotta and the player’s agent spoke of the move’s close completion, Parma’s announcement on Tuesday of the transfer proved premature.

However, Thursday evening’s statement on Juve’s website has confirmed the completion of their purchase of the Gialloblu’s 50 per cent of the player’s contract.

“Juventus announces that it has resolved in its favour the agreement with Parma relating to the playing rights of footballer Sebastian Giovinco.

“The transfer was resolved for a fee set at €11m to be paid by Juventus over the next three seasons.

“The contract signed with the player is in effect until June 30, 2015.

• Porto striker Hulk, 25, has told Paris St-Germain he would rather join Chelsea, for a fee reportedly in the region of £38m.
  • Liverpool are interested in signing striker Fabio Borini, 21, who scored 10 goals in 26 games for Italian side Roma to make Italy's Euro 2012 squad. Reds boss Brendan Rodgers worked with him at Chelsea and signed him on loan from the Blues after becoming Swansea boss.
  • Real Madrid are prepared to pay Tottenham £30m for Luka Modric, 26, after coach Jose Mourinho has told the club to press ahead with an offer.
  • Porto could be set to lose another player after the agent of Manchester United target James Rodriguez, 20, claimed his client's situation at Porto was 'complex'.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

smile.gif

laugh.gif
 This clown is too hype for no reason at all

I know you concerned b, don't hide it.

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

Giovinco transfer to Juventus is now official.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that it has terminated in its favour the current player sharing agreement with Parma F.C. S.p.A. (ex art. 102 bis N.O.I.F.) concerning the registration rights of the player Sebastian Giovinco. The sum for the termination has been set at € 11 million that will be paid by Juventus in the next three football seasons.

The contract of employment signed by the player will last until 30 June 2015.

http://www.juventus.com/j...s/21giu2012_giovinco_eng

Sebastian Giovinco’s much-anticipated return to Juventus has been confirmed, as the Bianconeri announce his transfer on their official website.

This week saw Juve’s advanced negotiations with Parma for the 25-year-old made public, and whilst Beppe Marotta and the player’s agent spoke of the move’s close completion, Parma’s announcement on Tuesday of the transfer proved premature.

However, Thursday evening’s statement on Juve’s website has confirmed the completion of their purchase of the Gialloblu’s 50 per cent of the player’s contract.

“Juventus announces that it has resolved in its favour the agreement with Parma relating to the playing rights of footballer Sebastian Giovinco.

“The transfer was resolved for a fee set at €11m to be paid by Juventus over the next three seasons.

“The contract signed with the player is in effect until June 30, 2015.

Back
Top Bottom