The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Roma looks like they're gonna be wide open this year. If they were playing a decent Serie A side that could finish, this might be 4-4 right now.

Pretty much, we need an experienced player in the back. I'd take Ogbonna and we may look a tad better.

I have a question for you guys, is there a way to stream Mexican league games on an iPad? I can jailbreak it if necessary 

i dont get what you Gunner fans dont... get 
laugh.gif

he is always injured... he has chance for huge payday... of course hes takin it... 

2 years from now when holland continue to embarass themselves and hes played a dozen or so club games and has been thru 5 more knee surgeries im sure hed much rather be sitting on a small fortune than some fan loyality lol who gives a damb. United fans will love him just as much as Gunner fans did and since Berbatov didnt have the best transition in i dont think expectations will be super high. also with rooney and nani around theres not gunna be a spotlight or pressure on him to produce as much as maybe hes capable of... perfect for him to just coast and get paid really.

I generally detest club friendlies but this has a decent level of intensity ten minutes in and lots of sexy skill on display.

Last edited:
There's like 300 PSG fans and 30K Chelsea fans here...wonder if that is flipped in 5 years time?

I don't get why United want to sign Van Persie. He turns 29 next month and probably only has a few years left at the highest level. Rooney and Welbeck have developed a fantastic partnership, and you still have Hernandez on the bench. Bringing in Van Persie obviously strengthens their attack but there are other areas of their team that need more important strengthening such as midfield and left back.

I think he will end up signing with either Man City or Juve. Hopefully Juve.

I think that Fergie feeling heat from investors to win something next season after coming out of last year with no silverware.

those white ManU's remind me of the US women's jersey that was inspired by nurses last world cup

I think that Fergie feeling heat from investors to win something next season after coming out of last year with no silverware.

That is EXACTLY what it is.

I posted an article here about the Glazers trying to list United on a stock exchange, hoping that investors would chow up some of the clubs debt.
For that to happen, they need to have an insane season this year, so show that they're not only competitive, but winners, and still have TW fire-power.

More Transfer Spec:

Premier League new-boys Southampton want to sign Blackburn defender Scott Dann, 25.

Tottenham are lining up a bid for Roma striker Marco Borriello, 30, after being told they have no chance of signing Atletico Madrid's Adrian Lopez

Manchester City have set their sights on Daniele De Rossi, 28, again after they failed to bring the Italian to the club last summer.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie wants £10m-a-year deal at his new club - Manchester United, City and Juventus are all chasing the Dutchman. :smh:

United are reportedly ready to make a bid for Fulham's Moussa Dembele, 25, as their busy transfer summer looks set to continue :smokin

Manchester United have agreed a staggering £26m deal to sign Brazilian teenager Lucas Moura, 19, from Sao Paulo. :smokin :smokin :smokin

Joined the Fantasy League :smokin

Runner up last year - Winner this year 8)

That is EXACTLY what it is.
I posted an article here about the Glazers trying to list United on a stock exchange, hoping that investors would chow up some of the clubs debt.
For that to happen, they need to have an insane season this year, so show that they're not only competitive, but winners, and still have TW fire-power.

LOL. They could win every trophy this year, and still no smart investor would go for that IPO. That filing is littered with red flags. Garbage investment.

Ferguson is under zero internal pressure at the club. At this point he is Manchester United. But I'm sure he'd like to make a big signing as a statement of intent in the face of City's ambitions. Plus the football has gone a bit stale at OT in the years since Ronaldo left. SAF maybe looking for a talisman to add some attacking flair/punch, and fill the seats since Rooney has become a rather bland player. That video from earlier this summer of Fergie encouraging everyone to renew season tickets must have been embarrassing for him.

Looks like Chelsea could be a quite decent watch next season. I highly doubt they'll challenge for the league title with such player turnover, but they've certainly added the technical ability Roman has been after. Still questions about RdM managing ability, and I wonder just how much input he had on transfers. Seems Roman and his scouts were just playing FM, and bidding on every young, highly rated attacker they could find. Honestly think RdM may just be keeping the seat warm until Roman can approach Pep.

LOL. They could win every trophy this year, and still no smart investor would go for that IPO. That filing is littered with red flags. Garbage investment.
Ferguson is under zero internal pressure at the club. At this point he is Manchester United. But I'm sure he'd like to make a big signing as a statement of intent in the face of City's ambitions. Plus the football has gone a bit stale at OT in the years since Ronaldo left. SAF maybe looking for a talisman to add some attacking flair/punch, and fill the seats since Rooney has become a rather bland player. That video from earlier this summer of Fergie encouraging everyone to renew season tickets must have been embarrassing for him.
Looks like Chelsea could be a quite decent watch next season. I highly doubt they'll challenge for the league title with such player turnover, but they've certainly added the technical ability Roman has been after. Still questions about RdM managing ability, and I wonder just how much input he had on transfers. Seems Roman and his scouts were just playing FM, and bidding on every young, highly rated attacker they could find. Honestly think RdM may just be keeping the seat warm until Roman can approach Pep.

oh?

Everyone I know considers him to be a fantastic player who's only gotten better over the years (even after Ron left).

His passing has become sensational. He still has an eye for goal, he shows up in big matches, still gets hatrics, still pulls off bicyles, still goes back and tackles the life out of players, his freekicks got even better....

...and this is considered bland?

Last edited:
Of course he is still a top player, and easily one of the best in the PL. But he isn't as explosive or eye catching as he was during his earlier years at United. Perhaps bland is a bit harsh, but he isn't nearly as exciting as you just made him out to be, and has been inconsistent week to week for a couple seasons now. And he's not someone who will fill the stands by themselves as a Ronaldo or Cantona could.

Of course he is still a top player, and easily one of the best in the PL. But he isn't as explosive or eye catching as he was during his earlier years at United. Perhaps bland is a bit harsh, but he isn't nearly as exciting as you just made him out to be, and has been inconsistent week to week for a couple seasons now. And he's not someone who will fill the stands by themselves as a Ronaldo or Cantona could.

I didn't make him out to be exciting. I just stated exactly what he did for the whole season. Maybe upon reading it, you realizing how exciting a player like Rooney really is.

Cantona had an amazing supporting cast.
Ronaldo had the same.

Those players had the ability and most importantly the space and supply to do what they did. Rooney doesn't have that space and supply from the supporting cast.

From the supply that Rooney is getting right now, he's making the most of it, and doing a fine job of it.

Er you certainly did make him out to be exciting with talk of hat-tricks and bicycles, as if he pulls off such feats regularly. Obviously it's subjective, and as a United fan you're biased, but I don't find him all that exciting.

As for Cantona and Ronaldo those two had individual brilliance that had nothing to do with the team - the kind of brilliance people show up in droves to see. Everyone knows of Ronaldo's accomplishments, but Cantona at his best was league player of the year as United won the double. For me, Rooney just doesn't have that same magic. If he did, I somehow doubt Sir Alex would be bidding some 30 million on an under 20 attacker with flair they don't really need. Again, I think he's a great player, and this is all subjective and relative.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom