The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Missed all the CL action the past 2 days. :frown:

On another note...I don't care much for MLS, but NY/DC are about to play a 2nd leg in a ****ing blizzard. It's going to be so terrible that I have to watch.

18 year old tony watt vs barca

iRedP2z65ztAE.gif

oscar's goal
1352320134084.gif

Last edited:
Another lucky win for Utd, Shrek with a typical dive.

:lol: salty

United guaranteed top spot with 2 games left in the group... :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Sir Alex should just put in the reserves and give them some much-needed CL experience...
Johnstone,Vermijl,Wooton,Keane,Powell,Brady,Henriquez...hell,let's pair up Bebe :lol: and Macheda upfront...

GREAT win by the Galaxy when it mattered the most. Huge first half with 2 goals by Keano and 1 by Magee. Wondo no where to be found. We were clearly the better the team.

Game on Sunday vs Real Salt Lake or Seattle. Can't wait.

Not really. Bermudez' injury hurt as did the missed chances by Lenhart and Wondo, Keane had great scores but it wasn't a lopsided win

Last edited:
Another lucky win for Utd, Shrek with a typical dive.

:lol: salty

United guaranteed top spot with 2 games left in the group... :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Sir Alex should just put in the reserves and give them some much-needed CL experience...
Johnstone,Vermijl,Wooton,Keane,Powell,Brady,Henriquez...hell,let's pair up Bebe :lol: and Macheda upfront...

definitely.

But I think we should still keep welbeck in. Hernandez in, since Rooney and RVP will pretty much always start in the league. It's important to keep his form going by playing.

Would be interesting to see Henriquez for a 5/10min spell.

I would add Tyler Blackett to that list. Smalling for a full 90 and hopefully Phil Jones will be back in time for a 20-30min spell.

Bebe...that dude should honestly just be let go or traded.

Barca got really lucky today with a few of the no-calls by the ref. Amazing game by Forster to keep Barca scoreless through 90. Some of Messi's shots were spot on.

Chelsea v Donetsk: That Donetsk Goalkeeper had a nightmare game, Probably the worst GK performance of the season, Credit to Chelsea though for battling back, Looks like Willian just increased his chances of a move to Chelsea in future with them 2 goals

United v Braga: RVP must be the most clinical striker in the world right now with Falcao, You always fancy him to score when he is on the pitch, Evans injury is not too bad now we have Smalling back, Although sounds like Phil Jones has fell of the face of the planet :smh:
United can rest a few of the players in the remaining games, give the likes of Fletcher, Anderson, Buttner etc some game time

Celtic v Barcelona: WOW was shocked at this result, Celtic battled well and you can see why Forster the GK for Celtic now in the England squad, That save from Messi :smokin

Awwww... :lol:

"he's not sailing,he's flying..." :lol:

United v Braga: RVP must be the most clinical striker in the world right now with Falcao, You always fancy him to score when he is on the pitch, Evans injury is not too bad now we have Smalling back, Although sounds like Phil Jones has fell of the face of the planet :smh:
United can rest a few of the players in the remaining games, give the likes of Fletcher, Anderson, Buttner etc some game time

Evans had some problems with his groin...United will assess his injury but hopefully it's nothing serious...
except for his careless challenges in and around the penalty box at times,it's no exaggeration to say that Evans has been one of United's most consistent performers so far this season...

Jones showed lots of potential when he first came to United...unfortunately his injury problems seemed to slow down his progress...
we still don't know what his best position is,but i hope he doesn't become just another utility player for United...

and it's great to know that Smalling lasted a full 90 in that match against Braga...

And that is why keepers shouldn't try to dribble around strikers. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Yann M'Vila is banned from France national team until 2014
France midfielder Yann M'Vila has been banned from all national teams until June 2014 after an unauthorised night out while on under-21 duty.

The 22-year-old M'Vila has 22 full international caps and was a target for Arsenal and Tottenham in the summer.

His ban means he will miss the 2014 World Cup in Brazil if France qualify.

Four other players - Wissam Ben Yedder, Antoine Griezmann, Chris Mavinga and M'baye Niang - were suspended until 31 December 2013.

Rennes defensive midfielder M'Vila was suspended for one match after refusing to shake the hand of then coach Laurent Blanc when he was substituted against Spain during Euro 2012.

The French Football Federation made the decision after the five players spent a night in a Paris club between the two legs of a European Under-21 Championship qualifying tie against Norway which France lost 5-4 on aggregate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20259676

What a fall from grace this kid had. Rennes should have cashed in on him when they had the chance. 28m+ to peanuts and banned from the NT past WC 2014 in the space of a year and a half. :smh:

I somewhat held out hope Wenger would get him on the cheap in Jan but I think we can rule him out now. Well actually Wenger just cant pass up on a deal so we'll see.

Last edited:
DC United, hope we make it to the final so we can host it. Will attend if that's the case :smokin

Last edited:
Yann M'Vila is banned from France national team until 2014
France midfielder Yann M'Vila has been banned from all national teams until June 2014 after an unauthorised night out while on under-21 duty.

What a fall from grace this kid had. Rennes should have cashed in on him when they had the chance. 28m+ to peanuts and banned from the NT past WC 2014 in the space of a year and a half. :smh:

I somewhat held out hope Wenger would get him on the cheap in Jan but I think we can rule him out now. Well actually Wenger just cant pass up on a deal so we'll see.

Dude is a fool. I'm an fan of Niang too, disappointed. I believe AW backed out of talks and what not because he didn't like his attitude. I doubt it will change now. I don't see him making a move with Coquelin and Frimpong on the bench. Plus we'll eventually have Diaby back which is almost like a new signing :lol: :rolleyes

If anything we need a CF and a defender, Santos isn't cutting and I'm not sure how things will turn out with Chamakh. Good chance he may go back to his old club. And if Theo leaves, we'll need another winger. Or a MF that can also play out wide comfortably, it's certainly doesn't work that great with Arshavin and Ramsey wide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom