The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

He a better finisher than pele and messi for sure. They use their pace and their minds alot more to convert... not sayin they dont strike the ball really well either becuz u dont become one of the greatest overall /o bein great at each indiviual facet but like i said... finishing... hes the goat his top 20 goals are unmatched. Most of the tine when ronny strikes the ball wel its off a free kick. I mean its obv very subjective but to me zlatans the best ive ever seen. I forget who up there said it but i think the word is audacity. He attempts n converts things others only dream of

He a better finisher than pele and messi for sure. They use their pace and their minds alot more to convert... not sayin they dont strike the ball really well either becuz u dont become one of the greatest overall /o bein great at each indiviual facet but like i said... finishing... hes the goat his top 20 goals are unmatched. Most of the tine when ronny strikes the ball wel its off a free kick. I mean its obv very subjective but to me zlatans the best ive ever seen. I forget who up there said it but i think the word is audacity. He attempts n converts things others only dream of

Very subjective. I mean, Ibra has some flair in his play, but when it comes to the title of greatest of all time finisher... I simply wouldn't say it's him. GOAT means finishing with style and flair, but consistently putting away great goals damn near every time a player is on the pitch. That's what the likes of Ronaldo and Messi do/did. I feel as though Zlatan is one of those magical players who is very good, and every now and again does something special. Where as Ronaldo and Messi displayed magic consistently.

I mean, when you look at players like Ronaldo who did stuff like this...

(watch these on mute)

And the technique that Messi uses for different goals is staggering. (and this is coming from someone who prefers Cristiano to him). Close up, from distance, tight angles, it really doesn't make a difference to the kid. The only reason why I prefer Cristiano to him is because he's both footed and headers goals regularly.

Another lessor known finishing legend...

Some of you may have forgotten or not known Matt Le Tissier who was whippin the ball around from distance well before we had the new ball that allows for those Ronaldo dipping free kicks. The man is known for leaving keepers flat footed and stunned at the accuracy of his shots

I also wanted to add a few other legends who I believe were better finishers....

Henry...

Cantona...

Zizou...left foot...right foot...didn't matter...

Who can forget this man....

Last edited:
^ The Le Tissier compilation was just sick...

Doubled-up on the Cantona-vid there tho! 
tongue.gif

I still firmly believe ibra will have the most outrageous top 10 goals, even 20 when its all said and done...

I still love rivaldo's hat trick finisher vs valencia in a important league game for both teams

Last edited:
I feel as though Zlatan is one of those magical players who is very good, and every now and again does something special. Where as Ronaldo and Messi displayed magic consistently.

"Now and again"? You do know that Zlatan was dominating Serie A (when it was a better league than today) when Ronaldo and Messi were still unknowns. And the guy is 31 years old and still doing **** like this.

Seriously, does something special "now and again"?? What the hell? He scored two goals that are arguably #1 and #2 goals of the year in the last six months. I guess for you he has to do it every game for it not to be "now and again". :rolleyes

Zlatan's top 10 > Messi's and Ronaldo's COMBINED

I feel as though Zlatan is one of those magical players who is very good, and every now and again does something special. Where as Ronaldo and Messi displayed magic consistently.

"Now and again"? You do know that Zlatan was dominating Serie A (when it was a better league than today) when Ronaldo and Messi were still unknowns. And the guy is 31 years old and still doing **** like this.

Seriously, does something special "now and again"?? What the hell? He scored two goals that are arguably #1 and #2 goals of the year in the last six months. I guess for you he has to do it every game for it not to be "now and again". :rolleyes

Zlatan's top 10 > Messi's and Ronaldo's COMBINED

I'm not saying he didn't play well. He plays/played very well. What I'm saying is that I think there are better FINISHERS than Ibra. I haven't even mentioned the likes of players like Eto.

Zlatan's top 10 is better than Messi and Ronaldo combined? Right. Okay.

^ The Le Tissier compilation was just sick...

Doubled-up on the Cantona-vid there tho! :tongue:

fixed.

I told yall like 2 months ago Ibra's top 10 >>>

But I dont think hes the GOAT finisher, up there though..

I remember that, that is what I have always said...

Messi is great, yes, but the best ever? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

He has never shown up for his country, when it counts.

Ronaldo (the real Ronaldo) was way better than Messi, hell even Roberto Carlos rates higher to me than Messi does.

Don't argue with the dude with the Noam Chomsky avatar. He takes everything about Barcelona and especially Messi personal and gets salty as hell if anyone says that Messi isn't the greatest.

LOL nah, I don't take internet forums that seriously, but coming from LeBron's personal e-publicist that's funny.

Calling Pep's Barca and Messi the best of their generation is a reasonable and popular point of view so I'm not sure what's so outrageous about me arguing that. I can't recall ever calling either of the two the undisputed greatest. Among the greatest, yes.
J Apostrophe: football is the ultimate team game, so failing to win a big trophy one season doesn't take away from his ability.

Zlatan is ONE of the GOAT, but I wouldn't say he is the GOAT. The goals that he scores are :x. I guess the English fans jinxed the team after calling the dude "**** Andy Carrol"

just scrap the nominations and give the Puskas' goal of the season award to Ibra right now...

and [COLOR=#red]eiddyfouw[/COLOR],i think you forgot to include this man in your list of legends:

LOL nah, I don't take internet forums that seriously, but coming from LeBron's personal e-publicist that's funny.
Calling Pep's Barca and Messi the best of their generation is a reasonable and popular point of view so I'm not sure what's so outrageous about me arguing that. I can't recall ever calling either of the two the undisputed greatest. Among the greatest, yes.
J Apostrophe: football is the ultimate team game, so failing to win a big trophy one season doesn't take away from his ability.

I don't think I've made a LeBron related post in months. You on the other hand are here right on cue to catch feelings every single time someone writes the word Barcelona and especially Messi without slurping them to the fullest.

One season, eh?

2010: Sneijder wins CL + is in the World Cup final, Xavi and Iniesta win the World Cup. Messi wins neither and goes scoreless in the 2010 World Cup yet wins the Ballon comfortably.

just scrap the nominations and give the Puskas' goal of the season award to Ibra right now...

and [COLOR=#red]eiddyfouw[/COLOR],i think you forgot to include this man in your list of legends:

I had every intention of bringing him into the list. I simply forgot when I was researching through youtube videos.

I had every intention of bringing him into the list. I simply forgot when I was researching through youtube videos.

Who is this? :nerd:

Please excuse my ignorance since I started to follow futbol more closely in the last few months.:wow:

I don't think I've made a LeBron related post in months. You on the other hand are here right on cue to catch feelings every single time someone writes the word Barcelona and especially Messi without slurping them to the fullest.
One season, eh?
2010: Sneijder wins CL + is in the World Cup final, Xavi and Iniesta win the World Cup. Messi wins neither and goes scoreless in the 2010 World Cup yet wins the Ballon comfortably.

Yeah, no. I don't do that. I post mainly about the Premier League, but Barca is the club I support so I will occasionally post about them. Nothing I post can be constituted as slurping, so either hop off, or put me on ignore if it actually bothers you. They won the league in 2010, but the point was a player's ability doesn't change based on what his team achieves or fails to achieve. It's a team game. Ex: Zizou only won the league once at Real Madrid, but that doesn't take away from the player he was during his time in Spain.

^He's Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Soccer is the ultimate team game and the ultimate goal is...?

You guessed it.. Win.

I never suggested that not winning a trophy takes away from his ability..

But his year was not as successful as CR7. 

Any footballer would take CR7s campaign over Messi's.

Back
Top Bottom