The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

never liked the dude, he comes off as arrogant and holier than thou. good player though, but I don't like him

CR7 isn't focused. I believe he's gone soon. PSG or back to OT imo
unless CR runs his contract out,there's no way United can ever afford him...

anyway,Chelsea hosts City tonite...i'm hoping for that match to end in a draw...

I think the MF was underwhelming but it wasn't all that bad but we just lacked creativity. Ramsey's starts are up there @arsenalvision "A Ramsey; Key Passes; [3](Highest from both teams), Passes; [80] Accuracy; [90%]. ''Only AFC player to shoot on target''.
One big issue, is the use of Arteta and Santi, they're gonna get burnt out. Playing Arshavin or OX centrally would really ease the burden but AW doesn't fancy that. And I'm not sure when Diaby and Rosicky will be back, plus who knows how long they will last.
I'm hoping we get a ST in Jan, Gervinho and Chamakh will bout be away in the ACON, even though he's on his way out.

Playing Ox centrally seems like it would be the way to go. He got a game or two there at the end of last season, and looked rather brilliant. Ramsey is such an uninspiring player. Arsenal have looked fine with Wilshere in there with Arteta and Cazorla, but with Ramsey they lose some dynamism going forward. And without a holding mid (Diaby) behind him, Arteta can't get forward and pick out passes because he's stuck doing the leg work.

It's the same old story for Arsenal. Their fully fit starting XI is good enough to compete with any side in the EPL, but the depth isn't there. That comes down to investment.

Focus is never a problem with CR. He's just missing Marcelo because they combine well, and he makes those overlapping runs that open up the space. Coentrao doesn't do enough, esp. considering his fee. Without that attacking thrust from the back, CR becomes a bit easier to contain. That said, RM were a bit unlucky not to get a call against Betis, though the home side were very good.

And unless FFP is a complete joke, I don't know how PSG can pay for him and still meet the requirements necessary to continue to play European football.

-Isco was great against Valencia; incredible talent.

Last edited:

won't happen (united). The fact is, Ronaldo's boyhood dream is to be winning the CL at Madrid, right now they have the opportunities to do so.

Also remember, Ronaldo only has about 2 more seasons playing at the pace that he does, at his age, soon he will begin to slow down. If he is to leave Madrid PSG would probably be the most likely option, I don't see him at OT at all.

Even SAF said he's "unbuyable"

While watching the game i heard the commentator say both CR7 and Mou will go to PSG. He said they are ready to offer 125 million. Idk where he got his info but i don't believe it.

Chelsea fans are letting it be known that they don't trust Rafa

alotta boos for Rafa

even singing "only one Di Matteo"

Hahah, I swear, Torres makes THE least intelligent runs this season and they are a lot worse than when he was in his barren goal-scoring form.

In other news Azpilicueta having a really strong outing thus far.

Chelsea fans are lively with their pro-RDM, anti-Rafa chants.

On Torres...need to borrow that "You don't know what you're doing!" chant from Arsenal...

Hopefully Lyon come out 2nd half and take these 3 points vs Toulouse.....then its top of the table :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin ahead of those oil money scrubs at PSG :lol At least one of my teams is doing well, Arsenal is just :{ at the moment

You guys think Mou has basically turned his attention to the CL now that they'll most likely be 11 points back from Barca at the end of the day? I mean, barring an epic, impossible collapse, they have no shot at winning Liga.

:x @ this match

Neither side providing any cutting edge stuff. 20 minutes to go, though, and I would be surprised if Tevez doesn't get a chance and bury it just to make me want to kill myself.

You guys think Mou has basically turned his attention to the CL now that they'll most likely be 11 points back from Barca at the end of the day? I mean, barring an epic, impossible collapse, they have no shot at winning Liga.

I would think so.

This game is just begging for a deflected shot from 40 yards to provide the difference.

Welp my boys folded in the second half, oh well still a game in hand on everyone else near the top of the table

Back
Top Bottom