The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I don't remember Arsenal ever having a problem with having money to purchase players. The board has said numerous times, that Wenger has the funds, and they will not make player choices for the manager. Even though the new money is nice, not much will be done unless Wenger changes his mind about picking young players with no experience and building them up. There needs to be a mixture of youth and star-studded experience.

He's been shifting away from that, our squad is mixed. Yes, he is a stubborn but idk if it is completely. Not sure if we will ever know. Some reports and even AW, has said that the board has denied him of buying players. Some reports say AW and others say the club as a whole.

But one thing for sure, when there was **** of ownership and management, the likes of Dein, Bracewell, Kroenke, Gazidis and etc. A change of atmosphere, a lack of ambition, a lack of a winning mentality. Can't forget about our wage structure either. In the past players were fine with taking a pay cut to stay at the club. Some players never ever seen their contract and wouldn't be apart of the negotiations and sign it. But now where at a point where we let players go into the last year of their contract. Sagna made a statement how his contract ends in 2013-2014 and has yet to be approached. So I tend to feel that a lot of blame falls upon the board but that's just my .02 cents..

Eiddy, as Mastermind stated, Wenger and Co are starting to sprinkle in more experienced signings within the team these days. As Mastermind was saying aswell our wage structure and contract situation is a ******g mess. RVP, Theo, Nasri, Sagna all playing in or dangerously close to the final year of their contract in recent season and all of them major contributors to the team where Djourou, a squad player, activated a clause in his contract that auto extended it due the handful of games he got last season, Rosicky was handed a new contract during his purple patch of form last season in between long injury layoffs, Diaby is still under contract :smh: and dead weight players like Squillaci, Chamakh, and Denilson (to an extent as I believe we pay part of his wages while on loan) are all leaching good money for doing nothing with long contract on big wages (relative to talent/contributions) making it so we cant move them as nobody wants them especially at what they are making and they are fine with sitting a collecting a check for nothing at Arsenal.

**** is a mess but I guess we're slowly but surely working on it...

Gazidis said at the Arsenal Supporters Trust meeting (over the summer):
"We have inefficiency of spending in our squad - but we are moving towards as efficient a model as possible.

"Our wage structure has been based around a flatter salary structure - that is part of a team ethos the manager develops, it's about interaction between players - not superstars.

"But we have looked at this carefully and we have to make adjustments for top talent. They are earning a lot of money and I don't think that will slow down. We have to adjust our model."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1088771/arsenal-alter-wage-structure-to-land-?cc=5901

They realized playing crap players the same as the top players in the team would cause problems (who would have known that? :lol:) but I guess this was during our youth movement (due to money constraints) right after the move. With all that said, I have faith that with the finances getting a boost relatively soon (2014) Wenger is still the man for the job. His eye for spotting talent is top notch its just that we time and again get priced out once other teams come along for players we'd been scouting. (ie Mata and Hazard) Couple that with the stability a revamped wage structure to keep the Nasri's, RVP's, Theo's and the drought will be over soon enough sooo you guys better get your trophies in now as we're coming for ya'll. :tongue:

Platini got the internet going nuts.

Mentioned that there's a proposal (an unlikely one) to scrap the Europa League and have a 64-team UCL from 2015.

Euro 2020 across the continent is more likely.

Get that money.

Looks like Brasil is going to name Scolari coach as soon as Thursday. So much for waiting until the new year. Something inside me told me it was Scolari's job from the start. Having Pep in there could have been :smokin but I don't think Brasil is ready for something like that, especially right before hosting the WC. I had a strong feeling from the start of Mano's tenure that Scolari would eventually be replacing him. I remember him making comments about him not being ready for the nation team but 2 years may change that :tongue: Supposedly the team will also name Parrreira as team coordinator. I dont think Mano was horrible, and having met the guy I kinda feel bad for him. But his style and some of his selections were sometimes questionable. Thoughts?

Platini got the internet going nuts.

Mentioned that there's a proposal (an unlikely one) to scrap the Europa League and have a 64-team UCL from 2015.

Euro 2020 across the continent is more likely.

Get that money.

Heard about it.

I think it's a bit silly.

RAMSEY STARTS TODAY VS EVERTON.

Last edited:
And to think Theo had the fastest goal of the night! 

RVP 35s!

Last edited:
Fernando Torres is trying so hard to get a PK. Diving and falling down in the box for no reason :lol:

Lyon up 2-0 on Marseille :smokin

Arsenal NEED these 3 pts in the worst way

Sucks having to refresh livescore while in class smh

Back
Top Bottom