The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Bundesliga is on the rise as a league . Borussia and Bayern are really good already, and theres plenty of talent on every club. Fans are :smokin

THANK YOU JACK WILSHERE

Jack, the best player out there for us. He was massive tonight, that goal was well deserved
Yes! I'm really looking forward to it. There are a couple of American born youngsters in Bayern's youth academy, look forward to see how they develop too.

@TotallyArsenal Coquelin has been quite poor this season, but he showed tonight we can't let him go. He and Gibbs were our "Unsung Hero's" tonight.

I thought Sanga and Diaby were good too. But we clearly need a clinical striker.

There's word that we've made a 30mil bid for someone. People are guessing it maybe Cavani.

@TotallyArsenal By the way, Fellaini doesn't have £22m release clause. It's nearer to £26m. And it can only be activated by clubs in the Champions League.

Seems like a reach...not like him. Not gonna get my hopes up but I'll stay optimistic

Last edited:
Bundesliga is on the rise as a league . Borussia and Bayern are really good already, and theres plenty of talent on every club. Fans are :smokin

best believe, that league has been on the up and up for a while. Statistically (if I'm correct), it's been the most competitive league in the past 5 seasons.

I've been watching Bundesliga sporadically for the past 2 seasons, and there's some fantastic football being played there.

As for good teams add in Schalke, Leverkusen and Frankfurt.

News Corp. may convert Fox Soccer into entertainment network

By Joe Flint
January 15, 2013, 1:25 p.m.
News Corp. is considering revamping its Fox Soccer cable channel into a general entertainment network, according to people briefed on the matter.

The plans are in a preliminary stage and are not definite, these people said.

With News Corp. planning to convert its Speed channel into a national sports cable network later this year and Fox Soccer recently losing some marquee events to rival outlets, the long-term viability of the network is uncertain. The remaining Fox Soccer fare could easily find its home on Fox Sports 1, which is the tentative name of the new national network.

The idea floating around News Corp. is to turn Fox Soccer into a sister channel of FX, its popular channel behind such critically acclaimed shows as "Justified" and "Sons of Anarchy." The new network may even be called FX2.

Because Fox Soccer is in almost 50 million homes, News Corp. does not want to lose that valuable real estate. However, going ahead as a soccer-only channel is unlikely given that it recently lost the rights to the English Premiere League to Comcast's NBC Sports Network.

Another upstart sports channel, beIN Sports, has also been aggressively going after soccer rights. beIn is operated by Al Jazeera, which is backed by the government of Qatar. In other words, beIN Sports has some deep pockets.

The challenge for News Corp. with Fox Soccer will be convincing cable and satellite distributors to let it rebrand the channel. Such a move may be met with resistance because many big pay-TV distributors are looking to cut costs and drop under-performing channels.

Typically, contracts between pay-TV distributors and networks can be voided if the network plans to make substantial programming changes. That's what happened earlier this month when Time Warner Cable said it would no longer carry Current TV after it was sold to Al Jazeera, which announced a new programming strategy.

the bald black guy they have on there sucks..doesnt know ****.
other guy looks like a douche.

Thought I'd share

these are my dad's by the way so it says Mario but I'm a Junior

Still have to ask my dad exactly but this is signed by the whole team of Chivas from either '72, '73, '74
laugh.gif

kinda off since he's a Santos Laguna fan till death
laugh.gif

can't remember if others have shared signed stuff before

Has anyone seen Beckhams doc from when he arrived in Real Madrid? Its on youtube and its dope..late pass

Has anyone seen Beckhams doc from when he arrived in Real Madrid? Its on youtube and its dope..late pass

^what's it called? but good call on that QPR movie/doc rising back to the Prem, I never know if movies like that come out or even exist

Espn reporter showin no love for soccer smh. The top 10 plays came on espn messi's goal was 10 how he dribbled the ball halfway and scored and dude said "he took the ball....got it back again, and scored."sounded stupid. And puyols back header was #2 and says a dumb comment "nothing special". Idk why that pissed me off lol

Espn reporter showin no love for soccer smh. The top 10 plays came on espn messi's goal was 10 how he dribbled the ball halfway and scored and dude said "he took the ball....got it back again, and scored."sounded stupid. And puyols back header was #2 and says a dumb comment "nothing special". Idk why that pissed me off lol

I hate espn soccer commentary with a passion. Alexi Lalas and "MacDouble cheesburger" dont know crap. Especially when Arsenal play, bunch of haters. :lol:
But seriously, I hate them. 0] :stoneface:

^what's it called? but good call on that QPR movie/doc rising back to the Prem, I never know if movies like that come out or even exist

Link!? Wouldn't mind watching that..been watching their matches lately cause I don't wanna see them get relegated :smh:

Last edited:
Still have to ask my dad exactly but this is signed by the whole team of Chivas from either '72, '73, '74:lol:
kinda off since he's a Santos Laguna fan till death:lol:
can't remember if others have shared signed stuff before

thats whats up..i have those bofo prima cleats that released when he played with chivas..saw oswaldo sanchez at the hilton and he took me up to their rooms to get them autographed by the champion team.

But isn't that the typical, condescending attitude ESPN has on footy?

Finally saw the highlights from the Arsenal-Swansea game. God damn Arsenal couldnt buy a goal :smh: :lol: Would have been excruciatingly painful if the Gunners hadn't pulled out the win; most of those chances that Vorm & the defenders stopped were impressive.

I think Pep goin to Bayern makes sense (their Style) and its a 3 yr contract which still opens the doors for him to replace SAF. My only hope is that Kaiserslautern FC get promoted back to the BUND LG so i can actually see Bayern, Dortmund, schalke, etc live. And like someone said, the atmosphere here (germany) is amazing during games.

Also i dont know who mentioned it, but Pep not choosing United has more to do with SAF not ready to step away then our "history/youth academy".. both of which are :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:

If you were talking to me (I suggested it a few days ago) thanks yeah it was pretty interesting but man do they seem like Chelsea/Man City Lite huh? :lol: I watched it over the summer and then I started paying attention to their transfer dealings I couldn't help but laugh. Its almost like they didnt plan what to do once they made it up and/or just didnt see Mark Hughes track record in spending big money on players and wages :lol: :smh: .

Again its worth a watch to the football heads in here, its called Four Year Plan its on Netflix.

Finally saw the highlights from the Arsenal-Swansea game. God damn Arsenal couldnt buy a goal :smh: :lol: Would have been excruciatingly painful if the Gunners hadn't pulled out the win; most of those chances that Vorm & the defenders stopped were impressive.

I too just got a chance to watch the game and it really looked like it wasnt our day :lol: but, thankfully all the pressure in the second half paid off. I love it when Jack scores. Immense game from him :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Over the two matches with Swansea it really makes you wonder why we sold Bartly though. He looked really comfortable on the ball, threatening on set pieces (unlucky not to score in both matches) and looked pretty good in defense for someone who doesnt get much top flight game time right now. Surely a PL loan (to Swansea) would have been the better option as he could have been 4th choice next season with Squillaci and Djourou leaving this summer.

Apparently Wenger has put in a bid of 30 million quid for Cavani...oh what a time for this news to come about.

:evil:

I've been reading about it but I'm not going to get my hopes up....as we know how this will end. However the second I heard about Wenger putting in a 30m bid for a player the first one that came to mind is Gotze.

We bid something like 25m before during the the summer of 2011 (Cesc Nasri left) but he didnt want to move to England at the time so you know Wenger REALLY rates him.

He's incredibly talented player and I would be over the moon if we signed him. Then I'd hope he somehow would tap up Reus to join him over in North London over the summer. :evil:

Last edited:
If you liked that David Beckham documentary then you might like this one to, Mind the Dutch subtitles :lol:

Back
Top Bottom