The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Cape Verde secured their qualification into the next round yesterday....When the manager was invited to the press conference, the whole team decided to pay a visit :lol:

First time they ever qualified for the tournament. First victory of the tournament (previous games were draws) and they're through. The country is so small (600,000 people), the manager is actually an air traffic controller.

Maaaann this is what it's all about, I love stories like this. This deserves infinite :pimp: s

Man Utd first sports franchise ever to be valued at over $3Billion
:x :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Olympic gold medalist Javier Aquino just signed to Villareal for a 3 1/2 year contract and will report after international games.
Also Olympic gold medalist Diego Reyes & Hector Herrera had signed to FC Porto who will report for next season.
Mexico national team has a bright future ahead :pimp:

Olympic gold medalist Javier Aquino just signed to Villareal for a 3 1/2 year contract and will report after international games.
Also Olympic gold medalist Diego Reyes & Hector Herrera had signed to FC Porto who will report for next season.
Mexico national team has a bright future ahead :pimp:

Reyes said that when he flew to Porto, the officials there told him that Herrera was also signed (not official, and something the Pachuca personnel have denied to date)

I wonder how much they signed Aquino for...

They're hoping he turns out to be like Guardado was for Depor.

In my opinion, Aquino is much faster, and is a better passer. Guardado is a better finisher though...

AC Milan willing to do Prince and 17 mill for Balotelli.

Prince is my fav player right now. I just want to see him start. Hope he can thrive in the EPL since he has that strong physical play

Last edited:
Niang, sharaawy, and balo imagine the average age of starting strikers will be 20 for AC milan :x

throw in bojan coming off the bench :lol:

Bojan will return to Barcelona in Summer, Don't really rate him myself but he is a darling of the Catalan people and has a clause to return in Summer unless Milan pay around 15-18million which they will probably not

Ok, he drives a grey Chevrolet estate? & He left the engine running? I guess he didn't expect to have it stolen in front of his home but at least lock the doors with the extra set of keys...Still can't believe he drives a Chevie estate...Wow Schole must be pinching pennies...

:lol: Likely a club car; they're sponsored by Chevy. Funny story though, can't be leaving it running in Greater Manchester.

Prince is my fav player right now. I just want to see him start. Hope he can thrive in the EPL since he has that strong physical play

He wouldn't start at any top club given his form over the last year or so. He's been awful. And while he's physically strong, he's isn't a great ball winner, and doesn't have a great work rate so I'm not sure what he'd add to a top club in terms of physical play - let alone Man City.

Bojan will return to Barcelona in Summer, Don't really rate him myself but he is a darling of the Catalan people and has a clause to return in Summer unless Milan pay around 15-18million which they will probably not

:lol: @ "darling of the Catalan people" Barca/cules aren't exactly yearning for his return, and the buy back clause is negotiable. He'll be sold to Milan if they want to keep him, or else he'll return and probably be sold to another club. He had soo much promise, but his development seemingly plateaued really early. Hope he establishes himself in Milan over the next couple months.

-Should be interesting to see how Gala fare in the CL. Schalke have been on a terrible run of form so they could make a little run.

Last edited:
^ I just read Beckham was training with Arsenal... :lol: the article below says he's contemplating his playing future...He's 37, what playing future?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ham-training-with-arsenal-to-keep-fit?cc=5901

David Beckham trains with Arsenal

LONDON -- David Beckham is training with Arsenal as he considers his playing future.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says the former England captain called to ask if he could work on his fitness at the club's training base outside London.

Beckham is without a club after leaving the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer.

Wenger stressed Tuesday that Beckham is only training with Arsenal and will not be signing with the club.

Wenger says "he has asked to come here and to work on his fitness.'

The manager says it's "purely for fitness" and "there's no speculation about signing or anything."

The 37-year-old Beckham, a former Manchester United star, is mulling offers from clubs around the world after leaving the Galaxy at the end of a six-year stint in the MLS.

Last edited:
Ok, he drives a grey Chevrolet estate? & He left the engine running? I guess he didn't expect to have it stolen in front of his home but at least lock the doors with the extra set of keys...Still can't believe he drives a Chevie estate...Wow Schole must be pinching pennies...
laugh.gif
Likely a club car; they're sponsored by Chevy. Funny story though, can't be leaving it running in Greater Manchester.
Yep, it was a club car... Madrid players get Audi's... lol

Call me a stan, but Beckham can still play for a top flight and actually produce. I hope he doesnt go to China or Austrailia for the dough

Back
Top Bottom