The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Lucas Moura reminds me of a young Ricardo Quaresma (when he went to Barcelona). I think he's going to flop in the european system even tho the French League is below-par. PSG is not going to make the semi-finals of the CL either, they're still a couple years away. It takes some time, look at Man City.

As for Hulk, I don't doubt Porto will sell him to St. Peterburg at all especially if they get Bruno Alves back at the same price Chelsea is offering. Honestly Hulk rather stay in Portugal then play in Russia tho, I don't see him being happy. Chelsea better open up.

I'm sorry, but this isn't Football Manager, and even if it were, I wouldn't even say that, on paper, they have a better side than either Manchester Club, Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid, or Barca, and depending on what happens at the end of this window, possibly Arsenal and Juve.

I'm not really sure if I'm reading this wrong but.

Better squad than City? Debatable. City have quite a bit of depth, and they are going to add to it.

PSG, while they're first team is looking beastly, a few injuries, or key players getting worn out, and they'll end up like City when Silva and Yaya were taking strain.

PSG better squad than Barca? Madrid?

Lucas Moura reminds me of a young Ricardo Quaresma (when he went to Barcelona). I think he's going to flop in the european system even tho the French League is below-par. PSG is not going to make the semi-finals of the CL either, they're still a couple years away. It takes some time, look at Man City.
As for Hulk, I don't doubt Porto will sell him to St. Peterburg at all especially if they get Bruno Alves back at the same price Chelsea is offering. Honestly Hulk rather stay in Portugal then play in Russia tho, I don't see him being happy. Chelsea better open up.

Also we have to take into consideration those random teams that just shock clubs. Porto, Basel etc. You just never know with some of those clubs, they can pull out a victory over the "big clubs" anytime.

So are there free agents in MLS?

its like any other league when it comes to transfers except, like ham city said, its a single entity so mls gets its share of money from the transactions and theres also the allocation process which i do not understand.
Ok cool, it's clearer for me now. I had no clue of how there transfers were taken :rofl:
I know for sure in Mexico, the transfers are messed up as hell :smh: they literally have the players as slaves

Last edited:
I'm not really sure if I'm reading this wrong but.
Better squad than City? Debatable. City have quite a bit of depth, and they are going to add to it.
PSG, while they're first team is looking beastly, a few injuries, or key players getting worn out, and they'll end up like City when Silva and Yaya were taking strain.
PSG better squad than Barca? Madrid?
Also we have to take into consideration those random teams that just shock clubs. Porto, Basel etc. You just never know with some of those clubs, they can pull out a victory over the "big clubs" anytime.

I was saying that even on paper I don't think PSG is better than any of the aforementioned clubs. As you mentioned, the starting XI looks good, but at this level, and the amount of games being played, team depth is huge, not to mention, understanding and being able to win games in the style of the CL (which, to his credit, I think Ancelotti fully understands).

pre-season friendly in Sweden:

United 0 - Barca 0
Barca won 2-0 on penalties(only 3 spotkicks were to be taken)

- Barca dominated possession and Messi was the most dangerous player on the pitch(don't think there's any surprises here)
- Scholes yellow-carded for a "tackle" on Busquets :lol:
- Tello fouled Nani in the box...
Rooney's spotkick saved by Pinto and he missed the rebound as well(man i hope this doesn't jinx him when the season starts)
- De Gea made some excellent saves in the match and Kagawa was lively after coming on in the 2nd half :pimp:
- United's new signing Nick Powell and Academy youngster Scott Wootton got a taste of "what it's like" when they came on within the last 10mins of the game

shootout:
- Nani missed and Young (come on man :smh:) had his penalty saved while Barca converted theirs thru Xavi and United old boy Pique

on a side note,stumbled upon this pic of Vidic from 4 days ago on his first match back since his injury 8mths ago:

i know he's never been a big guy but he's looking a lot leaner there... :wow:

Last edited:
Sporting KC vs Seattle Sounder US Open cup final on goltv 8central.

"looks like beIN is coming to DirecTV & Dish Network. Both are testing the signal this week on test channels, which aren't viewable. "

saw that on my timeline.

Last edited:
Sporting KC vs Seattle Sounder US Open cup final on goltv 8central.
"looks like beIN is coming to DirecTV & Dish Network. Both are testing the signal this week on test channels, which aren't viewable. "
saw that on my timeline.

>: >: >: >:

nothing about Comcast?

Last edited:
what will the sounders do now with 5 minutes left down 1-0

EDIT: NEVERMIND they tie it up

Last edited:
My body is ready for Mexico and Chelsea this weekend :pimp:
Even tho I'm a Manchester City fan, I still doubt that they'll play good. Mancini is right, he needs new players and fast if he wants to compete for not just the epl league again but for champions as well. Come on oil money, why don't you buy Agger now and De Rossi
At the end It looks like a 50-50 for me for the community shield

Do y'all ever think something like what happened with Rangers will eventually go down with a big 4 league club? I know Real Madrid got bailed out by the banks but I doubt Spain, England, or Italy will ever allow it to get to that point...but the debt with some clubs is off the charts. I think Germany and France do it right in that regard

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/clubs-demand-action-against-mediapro/20120807dasdenspo_15/Ten

Not really the same deal with Rangers, but found this interesting.

Edit--- Sunderland bid £12m for S. Fletcher :rolleyes
Also with Zapata going to Milan, he takes up their last non-eu spot, so Leandro to Milan looks dead.

Last edited:
Do y'all ever think something like what happened with Rangers will eventually go down with a big 4 league club? I know Real Madrid got bailed out by the banks but I doubt Spain, England, or Italy will ever allow it to get to that point...but the debt with some clubs is off the charts. I think Germany and France do it right in that regard
That link that hpscot left was interesting, because most of those teams mentioned are in debt, heck Atleti still owes 20€ million to Porto for Falcao and Malaga had to sell Cazorla to balance out there books. It's gonna come down to a point where the teams will just borrow players like atleti who had Diego on loan and has their keeper on loan as we speak (I forget his name, I think Cortouis). Real Zaragoza gave Luis Garcia to Tigeres from Mexico on the deal that Tigres will only pay his salary witch was 2 million euros a year I believe or something like that, tamudo left Rayo Vallecano cus they couldn't pay his salary, that's why most of these players are leaving to Mexico or USA. In fact I think Chelsea was also going into debt and I believe the city (the people) bought the team and Abromavich only owns a percentage of the team but not all of the team, or so I believe this is what I heard because Abromavich wants a new stadium but he needs the ok (the permission of the city since they own the team) from the city to make one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom