The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

MASSIVE call from the ref...

93rd min pen...

Poor call.....

nonetheless...

BAAALLOOO great return to italy

That ref is a G though. Dude is just chillin on the pitch while players go crazy.

Balo :pimp:

So much yolo

Ray Hudson spot on (as usual) on his crtisizim of Barca when they played RM...

What did he say?

I'll preface my remark by saying Hudson is a fanboy of Barca, but he was pretty critical on how uninspired they looked against RM especially since they had a make shift backline. He did say that Shakira's baby father looked good though (which is what I thought) & how he was returning to form.

Separately, kind of amazing that Barca will proly miss Tito for some more time & continue to play on (fairly well) however over with RM, Mourinho seems to be facing mutiny...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 for HK this summer...

"... the United squad will be in Hong Kong for the match on 29 July at the Hong Kong Stadium. "

&

"Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland and South China competing in Hong Kong in July 2013."

Widespread match-fixing uncovered

At a press conference in The Hague, in the Netherlands, the European Police announced that after investigating more than 700 football matches across Europe, they found 380 of them to have been fixed, including Champions League, World Cup qualifiers, and European Cup qualifying matches.

Europol, which had been leading the investigation for the last 18 months, has already made 50 arrests, and they have a list of 425 suspects, which include match officials, club representatives, players, and other criminals involved in the game.

The organization believes that a crime syndicate in Asia had organized the operation, and that the alleged criminals were making upwards of €8 million profit on each match that was rigged. Europol also announced that the match-fixing had been taking place in over 15 European countries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21319807

At a press conference in The Hague, in the Netherlands, the European Police announced that after investigating more than 700 football matches across Europe, they found 380 of them to have been fixed, including Champions League, World Cup qualifiers, and European Cup qualifying matches.

Europol, which had been leading the investigation for the last 18 months, has already made 50 arrests, and they have a list of 425 suspects, which include match officials, club representatives, players, and other criminals involved in the game.

The organization believes that a crime syndicate in Asia had organized the operation, and that the alleged criminals were making upwards of €8 million profit on each match that was rigged. Europol also announced that the match-fixing had been taking place in over 15 European countries.

Wow...

Jeez Louise :x ....First the rampant racist chants & hooliganism returning to stadiums now we gotta deal with crooked players fixing matches... :smh: SMH in disbelief...

Jeez Louise :x ....First the rampant racist chants & hooliganism returning to stadiums now we gotta deal with crooked players fixing matches... :smh: SMH in disbelief...
Aren't you racist too?
I guess you can't expect much from people whose ancestors were rock throwing cave dwellers....

Huh? What you mean?

European ancestry (cro-magnon?) is derived from cave dwellers who could only throw rocks to hunt or scavenge...Later becoming barbaric tribes... More complicated than that but that's the jist of it...

Last edited:
soccer the most rigged sport in the world....not surprising especially w/ those tournament matches

Wow...

Yeah....thats not a good look AT ALL :x :smh: damn near every major level of competition in Europe involved in match fixing...I know Juve and some refs in other countries had been implicated but this is a whole nother level dammmmn

You almost think they can't release the details if it's as far reaching as it seems to be... The outage & back lash that could occur could be bad. But like Mr Marcus may have alluded to, is anyone really surprised?

Last edited:
Does anybody know what happened to GolTV? I watched Bundesliga games on there like 2 months ago. For some reason it's not showing up on my channels list. I'm located in Miami and I have Comcast 0]

I wonder what match was fixed in england...I'm thinking, just a thought, maybe when Man Utd lost AT HOME to besiktos (sp?)

Just guessing

Back
Top Bottom