The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

interesting from the match yesterday

Newcastle defender Simpson 'OK' after bloody 4am brawl in Manchester
By Tom Wilkinson, Press Association
PUBLISHED: 04:18 EST, 4 February 2013 | UPDATED: 06:17 EST, 4 February 2013

..Danny Simpson was left bleeding and unconscious in the street after a bloody 4am brawl outside a takeaway in Manchester.

The Newcastle defender, who is expected to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season, was out celebrating his side's last-gasp 3-2 win over Chelsea on Saturday evening.
He had recovered enough by Monday morning to tweet: 'For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!'

Battler: But Danny Simpson could be on his way out of Newcastle
Simpson's argument was said to have kicked off outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday morning after the night out at the exclusive Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
But after leaving the night spot on his own to get food, he reportedly got into a scrap with a fellow punter while queuing for his kebab.

'Him and this guy started getting aggressive with each other,' a source told The Sun. 'They started scuffling. The man was pushing and shoving Danny and he just lost it. He punched him and he dropped to the ground.'

But while he attempted to leave in the back of a taxi, two bouncers are said to have to have dragged him out and punched him in the face, leaving him unconscious on the floor for 15 minutes before an ambulance arrived on the scene.
The source added: 'He dropped to the floor and was half on the pavement, half on the road with blood pouring from his mouth. He was in a bad way. It looked like he’d been knocked out.'

An ambulance spokesperson confirmed a man was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary following the incident, while police said they were called to the takeaway restaurant after reports of an assault but a man with 'minor injuries' did not wish to make a complaint.

The following morning Simpson wrote on his Twitter page that he was enjoying spending some time with his young daughter.

He tweeted: 'Sunday chill out with my little girl.'
Fulham and West Ham are among those reported to be interested in signing Simpson on a free transfer in the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-Manchester-street-fight.html#ixzz2JxC2oTFq

..Danny Simpson was left bleeding and unconscious in the street after a bloody 4am brawl outside a takeaway in Manchester.

The Newcastle defender, who is expected to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season, was out celebrating his side's last-gasp 3-2 win over Chelsea on Saturday evening.
He had recovered enough by Monday morning to tweet: 'For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!'

Simpson's argument was said to have kicked off outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday morning after the night out at the exclusive Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
But after leaving the night spot on his own to get food, he reportedly got into a scrap with a fellow punter while queuing for his kebab.

'Him and this guy started getting aggressive with each other,' a source told The Sun. 'They started scuffling. The man was pushing and shoving Danny and he just lost it. He punched him and he dropped to the ground.'

But while he attempted to leave in the back of a taxi, two bouncers are said to have to have dragged him out and punched him in the face, leaving him unconscious on the floor for 15 minutes before an ambulance arrived on the scene.
The source added: 'He dropped to the floor and was half on the pavement, half on the road with blood pouring from his mouth. He was in a bad way. It looked like he’d been knocked out.'

An ambulance spokesperson confirmed a man was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary following the incident, while police said they were called to the takeaway restaurant after reports of an assault but a man with 'minor injuries' did not wish to make a complaint.

The following morning Simpson wrote on his Twitter page that he was enjoying spending some time with his young daughter.

Fulham and West Ham are among those reported to be interested in signing Simpson on a free transfer in the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-Manchester-street-fight.html#ixzz2JxC2oTFq

Smh...Manchester :x

Does everyone still think Brandon Rodgers as a shoddy manager? I think he's done fairly well considering the team he inherited. If it weren't for poor Pepe's head scratching misjudgment, the Reds would've walked out of the Etihad with a W... I liked what I've been seeing from Liverpool throughout the season. You can see progress.

:wow: did dude really say that :smh: :lol:

This dude has no shame

Btw anyone excited about the international games Wendsday.

Last edited:
Does everyone still think Brandon Rodgers as a shoddy manager? I think he's done fairly well considering the team he inherited. If it weren't for poor Pepe's head scratching misjudgment, the Reds would've walked out of the Etihad with a W... I liked what I've been seeing from Liverpool throughout the season. You can see progress.
I think he's been doing just fine

Btw anyone excited about the international games Wendsday.
I am. Defoe and Sturridge not playing though :frown:

Last edited:
luis suarez is the best player in the epl tho.

Liverpools 2009 CL game is the first scandal to come out :wow:. It can't be a really high up team tho because the highest paid person made 120k.. Thats like a week or two of wages for most players. In b4 UEFAlona tho lol

He is doing good considering the stress that he is under from the managers and with his son :smh:

Last edited:
The Liverpool job always going to be tough, they have huge expectations with average players and pretty limited budget

The World Class players no longer want to go to the club so they have to gamble on the 'second tier' good players like Sturridge etc.

On top of Gus Johnson calling Madrid/United, he will be calling Arsenal/Bayern Leg 2 and a premier league game later on in the season.

But that's not it, he's going to be calling the FA Cup AND the Uefa Champions League Final.

Why the sudden Gus Johnson calling soccer? Because Fox wants him as the American voice for the World Cup in 2018 and 2022. He's going to be the leading voice for the world cup once 2018 rolls around.

My guy Gus :pimp:

Hey, i'm hyped.

Btw, USA 2013 National Team jerseys just revealed.

Last edited:
Gus Johnson has probably been playing Fifa non-stop for a couple months learning names and rules.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom