The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I cant take this dude spamming S&T man. Wtf

and theirs debate from native italian speakers who claim that he meant it as "Our little black boy" which is a compliment.

Foh man. Either way your degrading the dude. I hate how these dudes have all that power over there smh

I believe, negrito is the same word Suarez used....to English speaking natives it's always gonna sound bad more or less. To my knowledge, the n-word is unique to the English language and doesn't directly translate. But regardless, there's no need to make a reference to his skin.

On a slight sidenote, my grandma used to call me, other relatives and refer to friends, in her native tongue, what translates to "little white", regardless if you were white or not. I sort of have an idea of how it's not supposed to be taken as offensive...if that's the case

I believe, negrito is the same word Suarez used...

I never did find THAT comment Suarez used to be offensive. Like you said, it only sounds offensive when translated To English, which may be the case here.

He obviously used to it be offensive, when you're playing against a rival team and a player you hate, you're bound to want to piss the guy off. Evra told him multiple times not to use the word, he ignored and persisted.

fd75cf2bf7403688e55f0403a6838421_large

He obviously used to it be offensive, when you're playing against a rival team and a player you hate, you're bound to want to piss the guy off. Evra told him multiple times not to use the word, he ignored and persisted.

Of course he used it to piss Evra off. Suarez is a living troll. :lol:

Like I said, when translating something is when the meaning of it may change. The word, "negrito" is not offensive in Spanish is what I'm trying to say.

This guy Neymar.

Last edited:

Of course he used it to piss Evra off. Suarez is a living troll. :lol:

Like I said, when translating something is when the meaning of it may change. The word, "negrito" is not offensive in Spanish is what I'm trying to say.

This guy Neymar.

I was just replying to what you said about him not intending to be offensive. I'm pretty sure he knew the word "negrito" sounded like another word that english speaking people find to be offensive. The word "*****rdly" isn't offensive but we dont use it because it sounds pretty similar to something offensive.

That wouldn't happen in the EPL, we all know that. :lol:

Kevin Nolan would come in studs up and foul him before getting embarrassed like that.

Back
Top Bottom