The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Milan! 
eek.gif
   They will be ruing these missed opportunities! 

Ya Milan winning isn't that crazy. Especially at home.

Agreed. MIlan always plays well against Barca

Barca really needs to learn how to deal with those long balls...that's basically how Madrid scores on us all the time, and now Milan is doing it too...

Last edited:
That pitch is :smh:

You would think that a team with that tradition would not have to worry about things like that...

Xavi should start sending in Pirlo-esque long balls...Possession based play doesn't work with 8 defenders in the box. All it does is create sideways and backward passes

Boateng!!! 
eek.gif

Well, well, well! 

But was it handball!? 
nerd.gif

I don't think so.

Technically when the deflection his hand, his hands were already way above his head. He didn't move them into the path of the ball. However it was stupid, players need to remember to just tuck their hands behind their back if they want to clearly avoid the handball.

How the ref called the invisible handball on Milan in the 18 off the throw in, yet missed the clear handball before KPBs goal is crazy :lol:

Eiddy ~ True, but he did gain an advantage as a result of the ball striking his hand.  Surely that should count for something?

Anyway, it's irrelevant now! Barca are rattled! 

Last edited:
Eiddy ~ True, but he did gain an advantage as a result of the ball striking his hand.  Surely that should count for something?

Anyway, it's irrelevant now! Barca are rattled! 

I can't remember the exact rules, but I'm quite sure I've heard that the advantage technically doesn't matter. What's important is whether the player had the intention of changing the course of the ball's path with their hand.

I think it happened so fast; but there's a bunch of other refs out there that would have given that as a handball.

Milan is doing an excellent job of keeping Messi out of the game.

But also without leaving Iniesta and Xavi to run around freely as many teams do when they try and take Messi out of the game.

Back
Top Bottom