The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

A footballer is a footballer...Neymar would do fine in EPL but not right now. I envision him going to La Liga first & then possibly EPL (but he might choose to stay in La Liga).... Maybe Italian Serie A first...

I dug this movie out last night on DVD & watched it. Anyone ever seen it? It originally came out in 1981 I think. In the states it was called Victory but everywhere else it was Escape to Victory. Directed by John John Huston no less starring Max Von Sydow (who still looked old back then), Michael Caine, & Sylvester Stallone. It also had real footballers Pele, Bobby Moore, Osvaldo Ardiles, to name a few.... I always get so hyped watching the end credits....Being an old head, this was my first exposure to futbol... Thought I'd share...

Last edited:
I think Neymar will enjoy his time in La Liga or even Bundesliga over the UK. I think he'd enjoy being in a team that is very technical in style. Something like a Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Madrid etc.

However, we all pretty much know that Barca and Real (unless Guardiola can make some magic) are his only logical choices...

I think Neymar will enjoy his time in La Liga or even Bundesliga over the UK. I think he'd enjoy being in a team that is very technical in style. Something like a Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Madrid etc.

However, we all pretty much know that Barca and Real (unless Guardiola can make some magic) are his only logical choices...

I was thinking possibly Bundesliga but La Liga or even Italian Serie A seemed more logical. He needs some "seasoning" though... Would love to see Pep take him under his wing with BM... Can you imagine the Frankenstein he could create marrying Brazilian, Spanish, & German futbol in a play like Neymar? :x :D

Last edited:
People are telling him that Barca is the place for him. I think he ends up at Barca no doubt.

Pele comments about him were right though, but the kid is barely 20 years old. Let him live a bit

I think whatever matches leading up & the world cup will be great for Neymar... We may even see a coming out party leading his way to Europe... That's what I'm hoping to see anyway...

It's TV. They gotta pump the hype. What do you expect them to do, hype this as "The game between the two teams that weren't **** a decade ago!"?

I did chuckle at the one ad that billed this as "The game before the race".

Like there's any crossover between EPL and NASCAR fans... :lol:
I'll be watching the Milan derby on Sunday afternoon.

People are telling him that Barca is the place for him. I think he ends up at Barca no doubt.

Pele comments about him were right though, but the kid is barely 20 years old. Let him live a bit
Barcelona is definitely not the right club for neymar. He will fit in at barca like ibra did. Neymar plays more individual and I cant see him playing tika taka football

Why do people insist that EPL defenders will "take out" Neymar's legs? I've watched my fair share of Campeonato Paulista games & it's as defensive minded league as any other. In fact Neymar is subject to a lot of physicality coming his way. Defenders try to rough him up quite a bit down there.

Despite his rep as a flashy player, he also passes the ball very well. My only concern is that I'd like him to get stronger however by saying that I don't mean for him to bulk up. I don't think his frame would suit bulk.

Why do people insist that EPL defenders will "take out" Neymar's legs? I've watched my fair share of Campeonato Paulista games & it's as defensive minded league as any other. In fact Neymar is subject to a lot of physicality coming his way. Defenders try to rough him up quite a bit down there.

Despite his rep as a flashy player, he also passes the ball very well. My only concern is that I'd like him to get stronger however by saying that I don't mean for him to bulk up. I don't think his frame would suit bulk.

Take away his space and he will be another member of the XI, he won't be Neymar. He's has one option: Barca, ofters him a bigger stage and time to adapt. Every other team would need immediate success from him and I honestly can't see that happening in too many Leagues(unless he fancies Russia: the black hole of talent).

If you watch your far share you would see that the defenders in brazil are trash. When ronaldinho came back he from ac milan because he was tired of the bench, he tore the defenses up in the brazil. You cant be serious with your last comment " Defenders try to rough him up quite a bit down there " The defenders hardly touch him and he falls to the ground crying like the ***** neymar is. Go to youtube and see. There is one match where he stops and talks on his cellphone during the match and the defenders just stand there.

btw

Bale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Neymar

Last edited:
I think Neymar will do well in England, but he will not perform at his best. As mentioned before the way they play in England is different compared to the other countries so he wont be able to do many of those dribbling tricks that he does like in brazil . I think he would do better in places like Spain, Italy, or even Germany.

Barcelona is definitely not the right club for neymar. He will fit in at barca like ibra did. Neymar plays more individual and I cant see him playing tika taka football

Doesn't mean he doesn't still ens up at Barca. Pele, family, friends, etc are all telling him Barca is the best place for him so they must know something. Personally? I think he should go to Madrid or Bayern.

isnt neymar nearly broke or something like that

Nah. Dude spends money like crazy but his income is pretty heavy

If you watch your far share you would see that the defenders in brazil are trash. When ronaldinho came back he from ac milan because he was tired of the bench, he tore the defenses up in the brazil. You cant be serious with your last comment " Defenders try to rough him up quite a bit down there " The defenders hardly touch him and he falls to the ground crying like the ***** neymar is. Go to youtube and see. There is one match where he stops and talks on his cellphone during the match and the defenders just stand there.

btw

Bale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Neymar
WTF? He really did that during a match? Gonna go and peep that :lol:

Last edited:
Some say that there's already a 10mil deposit from Barca for Neymar.

That article on Wenger is real good. The articles on Wenger from ESPN have been pretty good lately

Question about kits.

I'm relatively new to football/soccer, but can players literally have whatever name they want on the back?

honestly i don't think CR will ever return to Old Trafford,but it's hard not to get sucked in by stuff like this:

Chevrolet keen to re-unite Cristiano Ronaldo with Sir Alex at Manchester United

Manchester United’s new sponsor Chevrolet who’s kit sponsorship deal kick start from season 2014-15 onwards are reported to be very keen to re-unite Cristiano Ronaldo with Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.
According to reports they want to make Ronaldo their global ambassador to help bring him back to Manchester.
The Portuguese has been tipped to leave Real Madrid in summer due to his contract extension breakdown with the Spanish club.
The Daily Star reports that Ronaldo believes he has not been given the respect he deserves in Spain and decided to leave the capital in summer,a return to Manchester United has always been his preferred choice with the player still in love with the manager,players and fans of the club in which he spent 6 years of his footballing career and won all the major honours including Ballon d’Or.
The big hurdle would be whether the Premier League leaders could offer a salary to rival the player’s current £220,000-a-week deal and stay within the new UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations which come into force next season.
But there is an alternative option which would see a player agree a salary with a side and then sign a separate endorsement package with the club’s sponsors.
And it is exactly that model which is being considered at Old Trafford,with new club sponsors Chevrolet ready to make Ronaldo their global ambassador to help bring him back to Manchester.
The only stumbling block is the £370m seven-year sponsorship deal is not due to start until season 2014-15 but Starsport understands talks are on-going to buy current backers Aon out of their deal a year early.
That would allow United to sign Ronaldo and GM to tie up an individual endorsement deal with the player which arguably will be the biggest transfers in history.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom