The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

• Manchester City are ready to launch a bid for Everton's Jack Rodwell, but Manchester United and Chelsea are also interested in the 21-year-old midfielder. - Sunday Mirror
  • Roberto di Matteo has dismissed speculation that Daniel Sturridge, 22, could be leaving Chelsea. - talkSPORT
  • Stoke City's bid to sign Michael Owen appears to be faltering with the club and the 32-year-old former England striker a long way from agreeing terms. - Sunday Telegraph
  • Manchester United and Chelsea have missed out on Argentine Lucas Ocampos, 18, who will join AS Monaco from River Plate. - footylatest.com
  • Stoke City want to buy 32-year-old Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne for £3m. - Daily Star
  • Liverpool are still interested in signing Arsenal's England winger Theo Walcott, 23, with Brendan Rodgers keen to add pace and width to his squad. - Metro
  • Meanwhile, the Reds will offer midfielder Charlie Adam, 26, to Fulham as part of their transfer package to bring in 29-year-old Clint Dempsey. - Mail on Sunday
  • QPR want experienced defender William Gallas, who has been told he can leave Spurs. - the People
  • But Rangers will not be loaning out midfielder Joey Barton, with Blackpool turning down the chance to sign the 29-year-old for a season. - Sunday Mirror
  • Newcastle United are monitoring PSV Eindhoven striker Ola Toivonen. The Sweden forward, 26, is valued at £8m. - the Sun
  • West Ham have been alerted by the news that contract talks have collapsed between Sporting Lisbon and midfielder Adrien Silva, 23, whom they hope to sign for around £2m. - Daily Star

German SuperCup in 15 minutes. Should be a good one.

Community Shield was decent from what I saw of it. City looked strong. Yaya is probably the best player in the league.

Last edited:
At least say who you think is better..

There isn't anyone in PL who can influence a game like Toure. He has everything, and his presence allows City to dominate all three areas of the game. Just look at how they fell of when he left for AFCON. He's a better midfielder than RvP and Rooney are forwards. Cole, Kompany, Vidic, Tevez, etc. are up there too.

Last edited:
Yaya is NOT the best player in the LEAGUE, only on his team.
If not Yaya, then who? There's nothing the Ivorian can't do on the pitch. Versatility to the max. Not only a jack-of-all trades, but far above-average in every football ability/skill. Based on the last domestic campaign, it had to be Toure or David Silva for me. Only problem with Silva was transitioning physically from La Liga to the EPL. City ran him into the ground a bit and it showed in his performances later in the season. Similar to Mata fading, becoming worn out at Chelsea.

If completed, Rodwell is a great signing for Mancini. Consolation prize after numerous rejected bids for DDR. Supposedly City also wants to replace Adam Johnson out-wide with Sinclair.

Hard to predict an EPL winner in this 2012-2013 campaign. City, United, and Chelsea all have legitimate chances at the title. LFC could slip into the top-4 behind those three leading clubs if the Buck Rodgers experiment works out at Anfield. Arsenal could slip if RVP does indeed depart for United or Juve. Spurs also if Modric completes a deal to the Bernabeu.

PSG has to be the Ligue 1 favorites once Ibra, Thiago Silva, and Lavezzi are fully acclimated. Pastore will also have to perform his best in the midfield and I'm expecting a bounce-back year of football for Sakho. Let's put those fitness and conditioning issues aside.

Everton accepted Manchester City's bid per their official site

and all over twitter Van Persie to united is official

EDIT:
just checked out of curiosity the beIN SPORT USA live stream works on the ipad and looks great

Last edited:
Yaya is NOT the best player in the LEAGUE, only on his team.

I don't agree.

I think Silva is the best player on that team (attacking wise, certainly).

He just needs support in the defensive midfield (Yaya) and he works magic.

The only reason why Silva dipped in form last season, was Mancini rode him into the ground.

Everton accepted Manchester City's bid per their official site

and all over twitter Van Persie to united is official

EDIT:
just checked out of curiosity the beIN SPORT USA live stream works on the ipad and looks great

Everton would've been foolish not to accept lol Rodwell's a nice young player but he might see a couple FA cup games MAX with City this season....City spends just to load up on players, its kind of annoying..but just goes to show you English players get overvalued like crazy by EPL teams. Stewart Downing for 20mill and Andy Carroll going for 50mill are the latest crazy transfers.

Last edited:
Sky sports:
"Mancini, who had been frustrated at a lack of summer signings, had angered Everton fans after defeating Chelsea in the Community Shield by saying Rodwell was not yet ready for City's first team and that the player was now joining a club with a winning mentality. He said: "Jack is a good player. He is young. It is the first time he is in a club that plays to win and it will be different for him. "But in a couple of years I am sure he will be a top and stronger midfielder. He has good quality. "Rodwell is a player that needs to improve to play in this XI but he is young and a good player for our future. "We are interested in all good players. I liked him last season. For this reason, we bought him."

The Daily Star Sunday:
"Man City owner Sheikh Mansour has urged the club to spend his money and secure deals for top targets Daniel Agger and Daniele De Rossi."

The Mail:
"Sir Alex Ferguson's long-running feud with Arsene Wenger is threatening to wreck a £15million move for Robin Van Persie."

Last edited:
This RvP thing needs to hurry up and be decided.

It seems that Wenger will sell him since Podolski has yet to get his squad # and appears to be waiting for that #10 shirt.

This RvP thing needs to hurry up and be decided.

It seems that Wenger will sell him since Podolski has yet to get his squad # and appears to be waiting for that #10 shirt.
He should, and he's costing a lot for a player who a) is already 29 and is getting old, and b) he gets injured a lot
Plus who wants a player on their team who wants to leave the club, shows he's not devoted

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/164934.html
Purple Arsenal joints look good IDC IDC, might have to copp a Podolski
875591-14742838-640-360.jpg

:pimp:

Last edited:
If not Yaya, then who? There's nothing the Ivorian can't do on the pitch. Versatility to the max. Not only a jack-of-all trades, but far above-average in every football ability/skill. Based on the last domestic campaign, it had to be Toure or David Silva for me. Only problem with Silva was transitioning physically from La Liga to the EPL. City ran him into the ground a bit and it showed in his performances later in the season. Similar to Mata fading, becoming worn out at Chelsea.
If completed, Rodwell is a great signing for Mancini. Consolation prize after numerous rejected bids for DDR. Supposedly City also wants to replace Adam Johnson out-wide with Sinclair.
Hard to predict an EPL winner in this 2012-2013 campaign. City, United, and Chelsea all have legitimate chances at the title. LFC could slip into the top-4 behind those three leading clubs if the Buck Rodgers experiment works out at Anfield. Arsenal could slip if RVP does indeed depart for United or Juve. Spurs also if Modric completes a deal to the Bernabeu.
PSG has to be the Ligue 1 favorites once Ibra, Thiago Silva, and Lavezzi are fully acclimated. Pastore will also have to perform his best in the midfield and I'm expecting a bounce-back year of football for Sakho. Let's put those fitness and conditioning issues aside.

It's hard to say Toure is the best player in the league. He is above average in many different areas and has excelled as an attacking mid, holding mid, basically anywhere in the midfield. But both Toure and Silva are helped by having Tevez and Aguero playing up top because both those guys make any midfielders look better.

If we took last season alone it is hard not to say that Adebayor or RVP were much more influential on matches than just Silva or Toure. Then if we add Mata into the mix, Mata was better than Silva last year in the league on a team that didn't get near the results. Put a top top striker last year on Chelsea and Mata get much more recognition.

If we look at deeper playmakers which there is no doubt Yaya can play the role, Modric, Arteta, Song, maybe even Cabaye can be more effective.

I think Yaya is excellent, and clearly a top player but to me his talent is showcased even less at City because Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko are all guys who can bag 20+ goals regardless of their midfield behind them.

Any predictions on the top 5 positions at the end of the season in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, League 1, and Bundesliga

Last edited:
It's hard to say Toure is the best player in the league. He is above average in many different areas and has excelled as an attacking mid, holding mid, basically anywhere in the midfield. But both Toure and Silva are helped by having Tevez and Aguero playing up top because both those guys make any midfielders look better.
If we took last season alone it is hard not to say that Adebayor or RVP were much more influential on matches than just Silva or Toure. Then if we add Mata into the mix, Mata was better than Silva last year in the league on a team that didn't get near the results. Put a top top striker last year on Chelsea and Mata get much more recognition.
If we look at deeper playmakers which there is no doubt Yaya can play the role, Modric, Arteta, Song, maybe even Cabaye can be more effective.
I think Yaya is excellent, and clearly a top player but to me his talent is showcased even less at City because Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko are all guys who can bag 20+ goals regardless of their midfield behind them.

What you're saying is no matter how good he is, he can't be considered the best because he has top strikers in front of him. Considering the fact that only a top team could afford to bring him in, that's obviously a flawed argument - especially considering the fact that his absence coincided with City's dip in form, and them crashing out of 3 cup competitions. You seem to be wrongly measuring a midfielder by their strikers' output. City has four top strikers who they can rotate, but only one Toure who is irreplaceable and unique. His ability to retain/recycle possession, dictate tempo, create chances, destroy, protect the back four, and score key goals gives him a strong case to be called best in the league. There's no one else in the EPL who has such an all-encompassing influence.

I'm not saying an argument couldn't be made for others, but Mata and Ade? The first drifts in and out of games, and the latter is inconsistent in his touch, and wasteful in his opportunities. Mata has nothing over Silva in terms of ability, and I don't even think he'll be the best Spanish playmaker in London this season.

Last edited:
Any predictions on the top 5 positions at the end of the season in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, League 1, and Bundesliga

Ima go with:

EPL:
1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Tottenham

La Liga:
1) Real Madrid
2) Barcelona
3) Valencia
4) Atletico Madrid :smokin
5) Athletic Bilbao

Serie A:
1) Juventus
2) AC Milan
3) Inter
4) Fiorentina
5) Napoli

Ligue 1:
1) PSG
2) Marseille
3) Bordeaux
4) Lyon

Bundesliga:
1) Bayern Munich
2) Dortmund
3) Schalke
4) Leverkusen
5) Wolfsburg

EPL
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham/Newcastle

Don't care that much about the other leagues :lol:

Anyone have an idea what will happen with Adebayor? I would be pretty pissed if I signed a contract and was asked to take less money then I signed for so that the club could move me. At the same time being at a club that clearly doesn't want you is detrimental to your career. Its a weird situation

For the record I would take him as the Chelsea striker over Torres everyday of the week

EPL
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham/Newcastle
Don't care that much about the other leagues :lol:
Anyone have an idea what will happen with Adebayor? I would be pretty pissed if I signed a contract and was asked to take less money then I signed for so that the club could move me. At the same time being at a club that clearly doesn't want you is detrimental to your career. Its a weird situation
For the record I would take him as the Chelsea striker over Torres everyday of the week

Man Utd 4th place? :x come on son

I've got:

[COLOR=#red]EPL[/COLOR]
1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Arsenal 8)
4) Chelsea
5) Tottenham

[COLOR=#red]La Liga:[/COLOR]
1) Barca
2) Madrid
3) Valencia
4) Bilbao
5) Atletico Madrid

[COLOR=#red]Serie A:[/COLOR]
1) Juventus
2) AC Milan
3) AS Roma
4) Napoli
5) Inter

[COLOR=#red]Ligue 1:[/COLOR]
1) PSG
2) Lyon 8)
3) Lille
4) OM
5) Montpellier

[COLOR=#red]Bundesliga:[/COLOR]
1) Bayern
2) Dortmund
3) Schalke
4) Borussia M'gladbach
5) Leverkusen

Last edited:
  • Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini remains keen on Liverpool defender Daniel Agger, 27, and Swansea forward Scott Sinclair, 23, despite landing Jack Rodwell in a £15m deal. - the Sun
  • Everton are likely to reinvest some of the money they have received for Rodwell in a move for Blackpool winger Matt Phillips, 21. - the Times (subscription required)
  • Wigan are finalising a loan with Arsenal for Ryo Miyaichi, 19, in a move which is likely to hasten the departure of Victor Moses, 21, who has been the subject of a rejected bid by Chelsea. - Daily Mail
  • Fulham boss Martin Jol is making a surprise £3m bid to sign French striker David Ngog, 23, from relegated Bolton. - Daily Mirror
  • Newcastle have reached agreement with Ajax over a £6.2m deal for Dutch international Vurnon Anita, 23. - Daily Mail
  • Wolves have told West Ham to find £10m if they want to sign Matt Jarvis, 26. - the Sun
  • Yann M'Vila, 22, has received a "concrete offer" from a club in England, the chairman of his club Rennes has confirmed, as speculation mounts over a move to Tottenham. - Metro
  • West Bromwich Albion have put New Zealand Olympic striker Chris Wood, 20, up for sale after signing Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea on a season-long loan. - Daily Mirror
  • Arsenal could be set to swap Nicklas Bendtner, 24, for AC Milan defender Philippe Mexes, 30. - talkSPORT
  • Arsenal have told Barcelona they want Cristian Tello, 21, as part of any deal to take Alex Song to the Nou Camp. - Metro
  • Newcastle target Mathieu Debuchy, 27, has issued the Premier League club with a come-and-get-me plea, insisting he is determined to leave Lille. - talkSPORT

I've got:

[COLOR=#red]EPL[/COLOR]
1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Arsenal 8)
4) Chelsea
5) Tottenham

[COLOR=#red]La Liga:[/COLOR]
1) Barca
2) Madrid
3) Valencia
4) Bilbao
5) Atletico Madrid

[COLOR=#red]Serie A:[/COLOR]
1) Juventus
2) AC Milan
3) AS Roma
4) Napoli
5) Inter

[COLOR=#red]Ligue 1:[/COLOR]
1) PSG
2) Lyon 8)
3) Lille
4) OM
5) Montpellier

[COLOR=#red]Bundesliga:[/COLOR]
1) Bayern
2) Dortmund
3) Schalke
4) Borussia M'gladbach
5) Leverkusen
:rofl: the prediction on La liga is true tho

Ima go with:

EPL:
1) Man City
2) Man Utd
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Tottenham

La Liga:
1) Real Madrid
2) Barcelona
3) Valencia
4) Atletico Madrid :smokin