The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Man, I see Balotelli in a Real Madrid kit soon.

Song happy to stay at Arsenal as Wenger quashes Barcelona speculation

Arsenal is ready to begin “serious talks” with Manchester United over the sale of Robin van Persie that may result in a 22 million-pound ($34.5 million) transfer, the Sun reported.
The Gunners had been demanding 25 million pounds for the Netherlands striker, though will now settle for less rather than keep a player who doesn’t want to be at the club and could become a hate figure for fans, the Sun added.

Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente put the two Manchester clubs on another collision course by saying he wants to quit the Spanish team, the Daily Express reported.
The 27-year-old Llorente, who has one year left on his contract, is viewed by United and City as an alternative to van Persie, the Express added.

Last edited:
  • Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken directly to his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger to try and ensure a new £20m bid for striker Robin van Persie, 29, is a success. - Daily Mail
  • Liverpool will look to replace centre-back Daniel Agger with Swansea's Ashley Williams, 27, if they sell the Dane to Manchester City. - Daily Mirror
  • Agger, 27, wants to stay at Liverpool but accepts an increased offer of £27m from Manchester City could lead the Reds to sell him. - The Guardian
  • Inter Milan have joined Chelsea and Liverpool in expressing an interest in signing Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. The 23-year-old is out of contract next summer. - Daily Star
  • Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will decide on his future this week - Arsenal and Liverpool two of a number of clubs to make loan offers for the 23-year-old. - Metro
  • Aston Villa could sell full-back Stephen Warnock after manager Paul Lambert decided to overlook him for the friendly against Werder Bremen. The club are yet to receive any enquiries for the 30-year-old, however. - Birmingham Mail

So Deportivo la Coruña is interested in Oribe Peralta
Hopefully they don't sell him to them cus Deportivo still owns money to Atlas (mex) to this day from the transfers of Colotto and Guardado and they've also have been ordered by FIFA to pay

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ster-united-close-on-angelo-henriquez?cc=5901

Tuesday, August 14, 2012
United close on Henriquez deal
ESPN staff

Manchester United appear to have beaten rivals Manchester City to the signing of Universidad de Chile striker Angelo Henriquez as the player is reported to have undergone a medical.

Both Manchester clubs are said to be looking to sign Angelo Henriquez (Associated)

Henriquez, 18, has impressed Sir Alex Ferguson enough that the United boss has moved quickly in a bid to finalise a deal while the player is in Europe with Universidad's youth team.

Universidad assistant manager Sebastian Beccacece revealed that Henriquez is currently not "available" for the club, adding to speculation that a transfer is in the pipeline.

"No doubt he is a very useful player, with a good goalscoring talent," Beccacece told Radio ADN, "but we have to count on the players that we have available, not the ones that aren't available."

Henriquez is currently a part of Universidad's youth squad, who are playing in numerous friendlies, including the Milk Cup in Northern Ireland. The striker scored 11 goals in 17 league appearances in 2012 and starred in both the Apertura competition and the Copa Libertadores after the departure of Eduardo Vargas.

Who?

Don't understand why Fergie wants all these new strikers when it's clear that our midfield has been mediocre for about 4 seasons straight now.

Last edited:
Don't understand why Fergie wants all these new strikers when it's clear that our midfield has been mediocre for about 4 seasons straight now.
Utd lost the league last season on goal difference,maybe that's why...

and i know that Utd's midfield is not one of the best in Europe,hell they're not even the best in the Premiership but they did help the team to two league titles in the last four seasons...
besides,no one is available in the transfer market without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money...

anyway,it's great to see Fletcher playing again in that testimonial match against Aberdeen...
hopefully that problem is behind him and Utd can look forward to having him back regularly from now on...

but it's not Utd's midfield that i'm worried about,it's their defence...
Evans,Smalling and Jones are all out with injuries and Utd still doesn't have a good cover for the fullback position...
Fabio will be on loan and the interest in Baines seemed to have cooled off...
Brady(LB/LM) did well in pre-season but i doubt he's ready for the step up...

frankly,i wouldn't be surprised if Utd start their season with Carrick or Valencia playing in defence...

^ Yeah, I think it was indicated a week ago that Carrick might start at the back.  Eeek.  Still too many ??? in the midfield and backline.

RVP would be a great addition on any team, but the guy is so injury-prone... 20mn too. Hmmm... I dunno.

Utd lost the league last season on goal difference,maybe that's why...

and i know that Utd's midfield is not one of the best in Europe,hell they're not even the best in the Premiership but they did help the team to two league titles in the last four seasons...
besides,no one is available in the transfer market without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money...

anyway,it's great to see Fletcher playing again in that testimonial match against Aberdeen...
hopefully that problem is behind him and Utd can look forward to having him back regularly from now on...

but it's not Utd's midfield that i'm worried about,it's their defence...
Evans,Smalling and Jones are all out with injuries and Utd still doesn't have a good cover for the fullback position...
Fabio will be on loan and the interest in Baines seemed to have cooled off...
Brady(LB/LM) did well in pre-season but i doubt he's ready for the step up...

frankly,i wouldn't be surprised if Utd start their season with Carrick or Valencia playing in defence...
Before the brazil v Mexico game for the Olympics, Mexico studied the way they played and figured out that when Fabio is pressured he tends to make mistakes
Hence the loose ball given away by fabio to Aquino and Aquino passing to Oribe this scoring the opening goal in the first 28 seconds

Only if Song was to leave. Coquelin is on the come up, it would only hinder him if M'Vila was bought now.
I'll take better now over better later.

Can loan Coquelin.

Chances are that we're getting Sahin...well he would be a better signing for us than M'Vila.
I don't see Coquelin being loaned especially since the AFCON will be taking place in 2013.
Plus I think AW wants to mold him now.

Sky Sports news says the sun believes RVP will sign for Manchester United for 22£ million

Why? When

Lewandowski is available (even if it is for next season)
Isco is available
Moutinho was never really chased properly
Teams like Newcastle's are picking up Left Back's that have played in Europe for years for 6-10m, who are young and have some experience (Anita).
Sahin could have been bought, if SAF was aggressive enough.
Llorente is waving a giant "come and get me flag", and he'll cost less.

SAF is seriously expecting RVP to have a repeat of last season?

Everton are set to use some of the funds from the sale of Jack Rodwell, 21, to Manchester City by signing Kevin Mirallas, 24, from Olympiacos for £6m.

Liverpool have sent managing director Ian Ayre to Spain to secure deals for Barcelona winger Cristian Tello, 21, and Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23. :smh:

Manchester City are considering adding more English talent to their ranks after recruiting Jack Rodwell, with Scott Sinclair, Jack Butland and Nathan Redmond being monitored by the Premier League champions. :smh: @ Sinclair

Chelsea and Manchester City are on alert after Porto striker Hulk, 26, admitted he is ready to leave the Portuguese club.

Real Madrid have turned to Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele as an alternative target to Modric, and the 25-year-old says his agent has been contacted by them.

Real Madrid have made a final £25m offer for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, and have told the north London side they will not return with a bigger offer if it is rejected.

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu flew to London on Tuesday to try to agree a £15m deal for 24-year-old Arsenal midfielder Alex Song.

Arsenal are set to allow Robin van Persie, 29, to join Manchester United in a £22m deal. :smh:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has beaten neighbours City to the signature of Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez, 18. :smokin

What I'd like to see from Arsenal

Out:
Alex Song to Barcelona
RVP to Man Utd (prefer Juventus :rolleyes)
Theo Walcott to Inter/Liverpool/Chelsea
Nicklas Bendtner
Andrei Arshavin
Park Chu-Young
Chamakh (loan)
Francis Coquelin (loan)

In:
Nuri Sahin
Yann M'Vila
Clint Dempsey
Robert Lewandowski

Last edited: