The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

RM didnt have a sponsor because its illegal for clubs to have alchohol or betting companies logos on kits in turkey..

Still dont see how Dortmund was offsides.. doesnt the defender who was playing the goal line keep them onside?

It is the same in France, Real have played with a sponsorless jersey in that country aswell

Both games yesterday were good.

Dortmund honestly deserved to win i thought....but Malaga's defending at the end :x what were you doing?

Ronaldo is the man...i don't know what else can be said about him....pure class....minus the couple easy give aways he had down the stretch...but clinical finish for the second goal made that look way too easy on a difficult shot

tell me these british sites/papers are looking for a story.... Falcao to United? dont know whether to smile or smh

This story came from Madrid in Marca not the UK, English people were as surprised to here it as you guys,

For the record don't think that would happen but IF and that is a big IF Wayne Rooney is sold then I could see United going for him

How come RM wore a shirt without the sponsor?

Real is sponsored by Bwin, which is a sports gambling site. Countries like Russia and especially Turkey outlaw gambling or at the very least do not promote it. That's why Real cannot wear the sponsors.

Might I add tho, how beautiful the jerseys look when they do not include a sponsor. It's a god damn shame fans are forced to buy jerseys with the sponsors. I wish teams didn't wear sponsors but I understand why they do. But seriously, why are we the fans forced to be walking advertisements.

Real is sponsored by Bwin, which is a sports gambling site. Countries like Russia and especially Turkey outlaw gambling or at the very least do not promote it. That's why Real cannot wear the sponsors.

Might I add tho, how beautiful the jerseys look when they do not include a sponsor. It's a god damn shame fans are forced to buy jerseys with the sponsors. I wish teams didn't wear sponsors but I understand why they do. But seriously, why are we the fans forced to be walking advertisements.
I agree with you on that point. But because of how lucrative these sponsorships can be.... many other major sports are considering this trend as well. 

I agree with you on that point. But because of how lucrative these sponsorships can be.... many other major sports are considering this trend as well. 

The NBA might do it, but only teams in small markets who don't make enough money will add the sponsors. I totally understand why soccer teams do it tho, millions of people watch soccer and there are no commercials. .

I was in Madrid when Ronaldo was transferred (complete pandemonium), I went into the Real store and almost convinced one of the managers to sell me a sponsor less jersey, I told them I don't support gambling and my family suffered from gambling addiction (complete lie) but it didn't work. Just wish there was a way to buy one.

This could really work out well...

arsenal_betis.jpg

Arsenal set for Betis link up
Posted by: arseblog 24 hours ago in Behind the scenes, First team, Loan players, Reserves and Youth 53 Comments

According to reports in the Spanish press, Arsenal are set to sign a ‘collaborative agreement’ with Real Betis which would see the La Liga side take a number of young Gunners on loan.
Relations between the clubs have been strengthened in recent months with Joel Campbell enjoying a successful season, and last month talks were mooted to extend that loan into next season as well.
Betis manager Pepe Mel, and club president, Miguel Guillén, will travel to London to start negotiations with the Gunners to London to discuss that issue, and although no formal agreement has been signed yet, it is suggested that Arsene Wenger will provide a list of players available to the Spanish side for the 2013-14 season.
The link-up would allow Arsenal to send young, promising players on loan to develop, rather than as a last resort move for senior players who are surplus to requirements, and candidates for next season might include Ryo Miyaichi, Thomas Eisfeld and Serge Gnabry.
Interesting. They'd be like a Arsenal B team huh? Maybe we can finally have a way to successfully scout and sign players/youngsters from South America. They could play there, gain experience, and the time they spent there could hopefully help them get at UK work permit which is the biggest stumbling block for players coming from South America to England (unless they are deemed a "special talent").

I'm surprised to see Eisfeld's name included on there tbh as I believe he's good enough for a EPL loan next season. Every time I've seen him play, I've been impressed.

The work permit is a big issue, always had high hopes for Campbell and Wellington, among others. Campbell is having a good season, despite what one may see from looking at his stats, 2 goals and 3 assists. I think one major issue with him is consistency. It's encouraging though, I know we recently had some kid from Brazil on trial. I forget how old he is but there's a good chance he would have an issue getting a work permit. Betis has some young talent, and they're doing well this season. It could definitely help attract young players. Knowing that they won't make it at Arsenal right away but have a shot at some first team experience in La Liga. So, I hope it happens, sounds pretty promising.

I was expecting Ryo and Eisfeld to be on loan in the EPL next season. But I guess it's understandable. Gnarby is gonna be such a problem

:x

Another Eboue clip :lol:

You can gamble in Turkey, just can't promote it.
As for sponsorship, some of the better deals are around 15mil...I knw the DHL deal for United is over 40mil over 4 years and that's just for training kits. Great deal of business. Commercial success is everything, among other things. But yea, it's unfortunate. Those sponsor-less kits are so clean

Last edited:
Just tuned in to Barca/PSG... what's been happening?

Good match. Barca dominating possession. PSG has had some solid chances, but hasn't been able to capitalise. Lavezzi seemed a bit wasteful. Moura seems to be having a solid game, involved in a lot of the attack. If PSG continue to focus on the counter attacks, catching someone like Pique holding onto that highline, they can score and possibly win.

Also, Messi on the bench seems VERY nervous. He couldn't sit still for longer than 2 seconds. He wants to come on to the pitch really badly. However, they're saying there's a strong change he'll aggravate the injury if he does. I wouldn't risk it, (if they go through) semi's are around the corner.
Adriano's got a yellow making him miss the next match as well.

tell me these british sites/papers are looking for a story.... Falcao to United? dont know whether to smile or smh

Can't see that happening...his wages will most likely be astronomical...

Can't see buying a ST being on their list this summer. Seeing how it's Flacao it would have to be on the top of the list considering interest from other clubs and they have more pressing matters.
I guess when there isn't anyone new to link to Arsenal, gotta find some story to put out :lol:

nerd.gif
 PSG!!!  Game-the-&#^%-on!!! 

Messi's so coming on now. Risky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom