The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

^ pretty sure anything goes as far as the draw. No limitations at this stage of the competition.

Not pretty but going through is all that matters.

Bring on the "new tika-taka" BVB

speaks perfect English...he could pair up with fellow countryman Vidic at United anytime :D

lol, He speaks perfect English because he lived in the US for about 9 years. Even played for the US U-17 and 20 squads.

I remember him being in the US squad for the U17 World Cup in Peru that Mexico won.

Damn shame that the US let him get away...

speaks perfect English...he could pair up with fellow countryman Vidic at United anytime :D

lol, He speaks perfect English because he lived in the US for about 9 years. Even played for the US U-17 and 20 squads.

I remember him being in the US squad for the U17 World Cup in Peru that Mexico won.

Did not know this...wow. USA smh

speaks perfect English...he could pair up with fellow countryman Vidic at United anytime
happy.gif

Did not know this...wow. USA smh
If Jurgen was in charge back then, I doubt it would have happened 
tired.gif

he got butthurt because he wasnt called up to the u20 world cup..tried to play for germany also.

Last edited:
BBC reporting that goal line tech has been approved and will be used starting in August for the EPL.

Guilleme Balague who is generally correct on La Liga transfers has confirmed that Man Utd have made a down payment for Falcao similar to what they did with David De Dea :wow:

Guilleme Balague who is generally correct on La Liga transfers has confirmed that Man Utd have made a down payment for Falcao similar to what they did with David De Dea :wow:

hmmm itradesting

What happens to Rooney? There have to be suitors out there for him right

If this is true, Rooney is gone.

Doesn't Man u need some wingers and midfielders tho most?

Yeah that's the thing, we need 1 if not 2 Central midfielders, We are crying out for that, Someone like Luka Modric would be perfect and I would rather we spent our money that way instead of another Striker,
As much as I love Falcao would not make sense to sign him with Van Persie, Rooney, Chicharito and Welbeck already fighting for that position

Unless Sir Alex is planning on selling Rooney or Chicharito as well as a few other players that look like they are on the way out such as Anderson, Nani etc.

Last edited:

Guess it's easier to buy strikers then midfielders, maybe he wants to give the academy a chance. Strootman should be an automatic buy though. Mancini is right though, United aren't 15 points better it's just City are a group of individuals. If Mourinho take Chelsea next season and Mancini learns how to mange a team.....not going to be easy.

Im a big Mourinho fan. Hes a fellow countryman and I'm a FC Porto fan so I feel like I know the dude lol, but I just can't see Jose going back to Chelsea, he doesn't strike me as the type of dude to backtrack. He's always looking for a new place and new challenge.

This is horrible to say (flame suit ready) but I'll say it anyways, can Fergie just retire already and give Jose the reigns, then he can bring Ronaldo with him. :smokin

He can't go back to Chelsea tho, I'd rather him stay in Madrid till Man U opens up. It's better for his legacy because if he does go back to Chelsea, and then goes to Man U when Fergie retires. London is going to kill him.

Last edited:
Im a big Mourinho fan. Hes a fellow countryman and I'm a FC Porto fan so I feel like I know the dude lol, but I just can't see Jose going back to Chelsea, he doesn't strike me as the type of dude to backtrack. He's always looking for a new place and new challenge.

This is horrible to say (flame suit ready) but I'll say it anyways, can Fergie just retire already and give Jose the reigns, then he can bring Ronaldo with him. :smokin

He can't go back to Chelsea tho, I'd rather him stay in Madrid till Man U opens up. It's better for his legacy because if he does go back to Chelsea, and then goes to Man U when Fergie retires. London is going to kill him.

To be honest I think Jose trying to hold out for the United job already, Sir Alex has a big say in his successor and he has already indicated it will be out of Jose, Pep and David Moyes :smh:
Pep has gone to Bayern so im hoping it will be Jose who will get the job next

Jose has a couple of years left on his current contract at RM right? I think the prudent thing for Jose is to wait for the Man U job. Why take the Chelsea job only to leave once Man U opens up.

A timely story from espn FC. Also a great doc on Jose mentioned in the story.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/4982?cc=5901

Blues offer Mourinho a marriage of convenience
Posted by John Brew

Emirates Stadium, September 19, 2007. Arsenal have drubbed UEFA Cup holders Sevilla, considered one of Europe's best teams. A red letter day for Arsene Wenger. His team have got off to a fine start in the Champions League. Yet in post-match there are noticeably few journalists to ask him about it. Rumours from across town have them on their phones, calling contacts and news desks.

By 11pm, the rumours are confirmed. Jose Mourinho is now the ex-manager of Chelsea. He has texted his senior players to tell them so. The previous evening's 1-1 draw with Rosenborg had been played at a stately pace, the power game of Mourinho's Chelsea all but absent. Just 24,973 fans had been at Stamford Bridge. It followed a weekend defeat at Aston Villa and a goalless draw with Blackburn Rovers.

Chelsea players and staff, including a morose-looking Mourinho, had spent the evening watching a screening of Blue Revolution, the story so far of Roman Abramovich's tenure at the club. With Mourinho’s sacking, or "mutual consent" as it was officially described, a glimpse of Abramovich's future behaviour was revealed. Six managers later, the Russian is expected to go right back to where he started from.

Last weekend saw a brief wavering in the belief that Mourinho will return to Chelsea this summer. Paris Saint-Germain were heavily linked, and fans and journalists alike were aghast. It might be the Stamford Bridge fans who sing his name, but there is a section of the press who crave Mourinho's return to English soil yet more. His press conferences are back-page heaven, a narrative made easy. The story is always Mourinho - a dream ticket for rolling news and soundbites stabs. His ability to fill airspace and column inches make Mario Balotelli look like Tony Hibbert.

Chelsea TV's The Best of Jose - a series of edited-together press conferences - shows why so many agreed with his self-styled specialness. Quip after quip, with Jose cocking a snook at his rivals with many a wry grin, gently jibing at chortling journos and, at one juncture, even betting his salary against that of one grizzled hack. Through revisionist media management, the schism with Abramovich has been wiped from the history books. The two are back in touch, friendly even, and could be back in tandem soon.

In the years away, Mourinho has gone out of his way to charm the English media. They are happy to be flirted with. Mourinho, Gabriel Clarke's excellent ITV programme about him was a glowing tribute, its hero staging a bravura performance of grinning, joking and even self-deprecation, all while leaving us in no doubt of his genius. Come back, Jose, all is forgiven? There are plenty who would subscribe. Others may choose to recall the other side of Mourinho.

When returning to England during his stints with Inter Milan and Real Madrid, there have been slivers to show why his departure proved a relief to many. While the English got the glints and the gags, his face changed when he spoke with the media packs from Italy or Spain. Monosyllabic, defensive, dismissive, open contempt made clear. It brought back memories of his grumpy last days at Chelsea.

Chelsea's two-year dominance of the English game between 2004 and 2006 came at the price of rank tedium for many. They even managed to make a sizeable section of the footballing public applaud Manchester United's title win in 2006-07. That is not to say they did not play some decent football - twin wingers in Arjen Robben and Damien Duff made for a briefly thrilling attacking force - but such flourishes were short-lived as Chelsea often chose to bore to victory.

Then there were the spats with officials and other managers. The treatment of Swedish referee Anders Frisk was particularly unedifying, and while Sir Alex Ferguson was treated with chummy deference, perhaps with one eye placed on the Scot's job, Rafael Benitez and Arsene Wenger were dished a viciously truculent brand of disdain.

In Italy, there was a televised row with a journalist perceived to be an admirer of predecessor Roberto Mancini. Mourinho's time in Spain has been littered with conspiracy theories, his dubious touchline conduct reaching ugly apex with his eye-jabbing of Tito Vilanova in 2011's Supercopa. At Inter, owner Massimo Moratti was said to be disturbed by how unpopular the Mourinho effect had made his club, though the sweetness of Treble success eventually washed down that bitter pill. Real Madrid seem happy to let him go, even if he does win them the Champions League. Mourinho's methods have never quite fitted their aristocratic pretensions.

And that is the dichotomy of Mourinho. He brings success, but at a price that goes a considerable distance beyond lavish pecuniary recompense. None of the clubs he has managed have ever quite got over him, such are the intensity of his short cycles of pushing relentlessly for success. FC Porto took five managers to find Andre Villas-Boas; Inter too have employed five coaches unable to emulate Mourinho.

Chelsea fans want him back but they will have to accept that they are not his first choice. Real Madrid's Champions League trip to Manchester brought out Mourinho at his most openly seductive. "The best team... lost," he sympathised, having already whispered simpering agreement with Ferguson's rage as Nani was red-carded. The ambition cannot be faulted. Replacing the Scot is the toughest gig imaginable for a football manager, but Mourinho believes he is the one, the "Special One", who can succeed. A return to Chelsea would be something of an unexpected detour on a carefully-planned career path that will end with his managing the Portuguese national team. He had not expected that Ferguson might be around so long.

When that position becomes vacant, and no-one knows when it might happen, perhaps least of all Ferguson himself, then Mourinho will surely consider himself the best candidate. That would make a Chelsea return a temporary marriage of convenience, a situation Abramovich must accept if he wants the successes that Mourinho can bring him. Both parties must go into their reunion with eyes wide open.

Last edited:
Forgot to post that Dortmund's Mario Gotze seems to be popping on on the transfer rumors circuit... Man City, Man U, & Arsenal are possible destinations....

Back
Top Bottom