The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

My brother used to have a friend that worked for one of the soccer radio stations here in LA (in Spanish). We used to get press passes or something like that, just to carry the cameraman and radio people's bags or whatever.

We got to meet a lot of teams when they would come here in January or in the summer. One time when Osasuna came and Javier Aguirre was the coach, he needed extra people for the drill he was gonna do, and my brother and I got to play with them. I remember Puñal gave my brother his jersey, and Aguirre was joking telling my brother "Aguas que el es Puñal" lol. (In Mexico, Puñal is slang for homosexual. In brazil in means nothing)

I met Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Giovani (he was like 16 at the time) Hugo Sanchez, Mexican NT, The river plate team, boca jrs. Monterrey, tigres, Monterrey, Morelia, Aston Villa, and of course CHIVAS multiple times.

how'd you read it then 
nerd.gif

I'm fluent in Spanish, I'm Mexican lol

I meant I didn't post it, because u guys wouldn't understand it.

It was on Mediotiempo.com

ah gotcha man, thats awesome you gotta experience all that tho!

I wish I was fluent in a second language

ah gotcha man, thats awesome you gotta experience all that tho!

I wish I was fluent in a second language

I got pictures in boxes somewhere, I still have some of the jersey that were signed though. My brother has his jerseys/pics in his mancave at his house.

Chelsea boosts attacking options with pending Schürrle capture
Posted by Raphael Honigstein in Columns with 0 comments.

German international André Schürrle (center) is equally comfortable in a wide role or playing as a second striker.

André Schürrle didn’t pause to converse with reporters after Bayer Leverkusen’s 1-1 draw with Wolfsburg on Saturday. But that didn’t prevent the 22-year-old winger being the main talking point. He had scored the home team’s goal, his 12th of the season, to start with. The much bigger story, however, is his mooted move to Chelsea at the end of the season. Bayer sporting director Rudi Völler didn’t exactly go out of the way to deny the rumors. “We are thinking about it, that’s part of the business,” he confirmed to reporters. Last August, his club had come close to agreeing on an offer from Blues for Schürrle as well, Völler revealed, but a lack of suitable replacements had put a stop to the transfer. “This year,” he said, “we will see if there are alternatives.”

In soccer terms, this is code for “we’ll do it.” ONE World Sports understands that both clubs have agreed in principle to do the deal for a fee just north of €20 million ($26M). Leverkusen does not want to announce the deal before it can secure the capture of one or two targets. Gladbach’s Patrick Herrmann is reportedly on the hit list, and so too is Chelsea’s Kevin De Bruyne, who currently plays for Werder Bremen on loan. Initially, Bayer had proposed a swap deal (De Bruyne plus cash) but the Londoners are only prepared to send the Belgian forward out on loan. Leverkusen will not have an option to buy either. Last week, De Bruyne was still to formally agree to this move — that’s another reason why the Schürrle deal has not been completed.

For Leverkusen, this is almost a no-brainer. It bought Schürrle in 2011 for just over €8M ($10.4M). Thirty percent of any fee beyond €10M ($13M) goes to his former club Mainz 05 but Bayer will still more than double its money in the space of two years. There’s also a sense that the player has not quite lived up to his potential since his move to the Bay-Arena. Following his break-through season with Thomas Tuchel’s Mainz in 2010/11, when he finished the season with 15 goals – the highest tally for a 20-year-old in the Bundesliga since Jürgen Klinsmann burst on the scene for VfB Stuttgart in the mid-80s — Schürrle looked mostly lost and bereft of confidence in his first season in the Bayer shirt. He scored nine goals and notched up six assists in 40 games in all competitions. The whole of the team struggled to perform under manager Robin Dutt, however, and the escalating row between Michael Ballack, Dutt and the Leverkusen board wasn’t conducive to top performances. This season, Schürrle has been much better. Bayer is on course for a Champions League qualification under co-managers Sami Hyypiä and Sascha Lewandowski. The team is set up to play a counter-attacking style that suits Schürrles’ key attribute of pace, and he’s scored 15 goals with five assists in 34 games so far — a strong return for a wide player.

For Schürrle , it makes a lot of sense on many levels, too. He will earn a multiple of his current wages at Stamford Bridge. He’s a genuine Anglophile and excited by the idea of playing in the Premier League, like best friend and former Mainz team-mate Lewis Holtby. The Spurs midfielder has already talked about a sharing a flat with Schürrle in London but it’ll be difficult for both of them to find a place that makes commuting to the respective training centers possible. Spurs’ Bull Cross complex and Cobham, the Chelsea HQ, are at opposite ends of town, separated by 40 miles.

Schürrle is confident enough that he will get enough game time with Chelsea to stay in contention for a starting place in the German national team. He was one of the few “winners” of Euro 2012 after a fine performance against Greece. Recent progress has been stinted by the emergence of Mario Götze and Marco Reus, however. The two Dortmund gems will be hard to displace, in any case, so Schürrle has little to lose and a lot to gain from crossing the Channel.

Where will he play? It will be possible to field him as deep-lying, roving striker behind a more orthodox No. 9. But he’ll probably be of more immediate use as a second genuine wide player, to relieve the over-reliance of Eden Hazard. His signing also holds out the intriguing option to return Chelsea to their “traditional,” Mourinho-devised system of a 4-3-3, with Schürrle and Hazard as classic wingers and Juan Mata operating in more central role behind them. He’s certainly a big upgrade from compatriot Marko Marin, whom Chelsea wanted to send on loan to Russia not long ago, and Victor Moses, who isn’t nearly as fast or dangerous in front of goal. “He’s got enough potential to succeed at the highest European level,” said Schürrle’s former coach Tuchel. Lastly, Schürrle’s formative years at high-pressing, non-stop-running Mainz make him exactly the kind of hard-working, defensively-minded player that every coach — and especially Mourinho— covets. And the fact that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has been directly involved in his signing shouldn’t hurt his prospects either.

New footage from Nike Football featuring Iniesta. I wonder why fox or BEIN doesn't show any Futsal games...

http://nikeinc.com/news/andres-iniesta-goes-home-with-new-nike-elastico-finale-2

MARCH 19, 2013
ANDRES INIESTA GOES HOME WITH NEW NIKE ELASTICO FINALE II
New film sheds light on the unique skills Andres Iniesta developed as a young futsal player.

As a young player growing up in Fuentealbilla, south of Spain, Andres Iniesta had dreams of making it to the professional ranks of football. Part of his schooling involved playing small-sided football with his friends in his hometown. It was a formative part of his footballing education that benefits his game to this day.

"Futsal helps my ball control in tighter spaces" says Iniesta. For that reason, when his schedule allows it, Iniesta joins training sessions with the Barca Alusport Team (FCB's futsal equivalent). “If I had more free time, I would like to train more with my colleagues on the futsal team."

Nike Football's "My Ground" film gives a glimpse into Iniesta's time training with his futsal colleagues and his background in the small-sided game.

Last edited:
Forgot to post that Dortmund's Mario Gotze seems to be popping on on the transfer rumors circuit... Man City, Man U, & Arsenal are possible destinations....

I cant believe the kid is only 20. Smh younger than me and that great already? jelly

Comment from the Daily Mail article about Chelsea's match today

"Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Because he's the hero Chelsea deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent goal poacher. A watchful predator. A Dark Knight. Torres"

Why would Chelsea need Schurrle? They just need Hazard, Mata, and Oscar to keep playing together and build up that chemistry

Forgot to post that Dortmund's Mario Gotze seems to be popping on on the transfer rumors circuit... Man City, Man U, & Arsenal are possible destinations....

I cant believe the kid is only 20. Smh younger than me and that great already? jelly

Yea man I hate finding out im older than these players :smh:

Im only like 2 weeks older than Neymar, older than Gotze, pretty sure im older than Oscar, and me and Jonjo Shelvey have the same birthday

:smh: :smh:

WOOOOOOW what the hell is Hotspur's backline doing 
laugh.gif

bloody reckless as all hell 

He hasn't decided yet, he said he will make a decision in the coming weeks..

but theres a scouting piece on him on sky..

Back
Top Bottom