The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

With his weak foot :smh:

iNhwK3tVn9u0r.gif

GOLAZO

lmao wow this commentator. What is name again I can never remember? Ray something i think

Last edited:
Benfica's game today only had 1 Portuguese player in the starting line up.

I remember a post in Zonal marking.com saying that mathematically, technically, whatever
laugh.gif
  Porto had the best team back in '07 or '08 because they're line up had ramires, falcao, hulk etc etc, sucks that money problems prevents them from being huge

plus Porto's kits,
pimp.gif
, Basel's kits
pimp.gif
Gala's kits
pimp.gif
. but its so hard to find a jersey from a non top 5 league teams

Was just thinking....if both Chelsea and Bayern win the final...

Start of next season in the UEFA Super Cup it'll be Chelsea vs Bayern and Mourinho vs Pep once again. :nthat: Not to mention a 2012 CL final rematch.

Man im so torn on who I want to win this final...

I like Dortmund, I like Bayern, but I kind of want BVB to win. I like the whole idea of that club. Young, cheap, chemistry, German, Klopp, etc.. but I want Bayern to win finally.. also want my boy Muller to win especially..

Last edited:

I remember a post in Zonal marking.com saying that mathematically, technically, whatever :lol:   Porto had the best team back in '07 or '08 because they're line up had ramires, falcao, hulk etc etc, sucks that money problems prevents them from being huge

plus Porto's kits,:pimp: , Basel's kits :pimp: Gala's kits :pimp: . but its so hard to find a jersey from a non top 5 league teams

Portugal is a top 5 league, you can find there jerseys anywhere online. Porto do have great kits.

As for Porto, that's what they do. That's what they've been doing for the past 25 years, very successfully may I add. They have great scouts who run around South America looking for hidden talent. Buy them cheap and sell them high. It's a continuous cycle. Benfica hopped on board the train soon after, but they haven't had the success Porto has.

Porto has won the league most of time, champions league twice, multiple semi-final visits, and uefa cup twice during this span. Not bad for a team that's not worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Some top tier teams haven't been able to achieve that type of success.

It does suck tho sometimes from a Porto fan perspective, because every once and now we have an extremly amazing team, champions league winning potential like in 2011 but we end up selling players we fall in love with. - that's just the way it is tho. Scouting and investing are the priority.

I remember a post in Zonal marking.com saying that mathematically, technically, whatever
laugh.gif
  Porto had the best team back in '07 or '08 because they're line up had ramires, falcao, hulk etc etc, sucks that money problems prevents them from being huge

plus Porto's kits,
pimp.gif
, Basel's kits
pimp.gif
Gala's kits
pimp.gif
. but its so hard to find a jersey from a non top 5 league teams
Portugal is a top 5 league, you can find there jerseys anywhere online. Porto do have great kits.

As for Porto, that's what they do. That's what they've been doing for the past 25 years, very successfully may I add. They have great scouts who run around South America looking for hidden talent. Buy them cheap and sell them high. It's a continuous cycle. Benfica hopped on board the train soon after, but they haven't had the success Porto has.

Porto has won the league most of time, champions league twice, multiple semi-final visits, and uefa cup twice during this span. Not bad for a team that's not worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Some top tier teams haven't been able to achieve that type of success.

It does suck tho sometimes from a Porto fan perspective, because every once and now we have an extremly amazing team, champions league winning potential like in 2011 but we end up selling players we fall in love with. - that's just the way it is tho. Scouting and investing are the priority.
and it'll stay that way for a long time, some teams are past their legendary prime and settle for the Porto route. I love Ajax and its historic youth system but probably will never see them rise again. felt good when they beat man city back in the early UCL.

and i know this will get people talking but in my top 5 list it would be (no order): English, French, Italian, German, Spanish leagues. I do want others teams from different leagues to be contenders but then for that to happen I think the formation of super clubs would have to happen(or further grow). the portugal, turkish, and ukrainian are my example. plus Russia is up in the air right now hashtag oil money
laugh.gif

and it'll stay that way for a long time, some teams are past their legendary prime and settle for the Porto route. I love Ajax and its historic youth system but probably will never see them rise again. felt good when they beat man city back in the early UCL.

and i know this will get people talking but in my top 5 list it would be (no order): English, French, Italian, German, Spanish leagues. I do want others teams from different leagues to be contenders but then for that to happen I think the formation of super clubs would have to happen(or further grow). the portugal, turkish, and ukrainian are my example. plus Russia is up in the air right now hashtag oil money :lol:

No argument there really. The French and Portuguese leagues have been battling for that 5th spot every other year (from UEFAs rankings/ratings). France may continue holding the 5th spot for a while now because of the financial takeover of PSG. Russian league is def on the rise, Netherlands have taken many steps back recently. It's always changing, that's how those ratings go.

England, Spain, Germany, etc are the biggest countries in Europe, it makes sense they have the better leagues. Thing is Turkey and Russia are even bigger, maybe in 20 years they'll be up there. It's just hard to compete with billion dollar historic establishments. Most of the billionairs want to buy teams in top countries.

and i know this will get people talking but in my top 5 list it would be (no order): English, French, Italian, German, Spanish leagues. I do want others teams from different leagues to be contenders but then for that to happen I think the formation of super clubs would have to happen(or further grow). the portugal, turkish, and ukrainian are my example. plus Russia is up in the air right now hashtag oil money :lol:

No argument there really. The French and Portuguese leagues have been battling for that 5th spot every other year (from UEFAs rankings/ratings). France may continue holding the 5th spot for a while now because of the financial takeover of PSG. Russian league is def on the rise, Netherlands have taken many steps back recently. It's always changing, that's how those ratings go.

England, Spain, Germany, etc are the biggest countries in Europe, it makes sense they have the better leagues. Thing is Turkey and Russia are even bigger, maybe in 20 years they'll be up there. It's just hard to compete with billion dollar historic establishments. Most of the billionairs want to buy teams in top countries.

France is def on a slight rise....that tax rate isn't helping :lol: but I think the wave of youth players is something to look out for. Their player development is certainly something. Lets not forget Monaco has a lot of money too. Gaining promotion and bringing back glory, it's an opportunity for players. They have a handful of young players and it will be interesting to see who they bring in. Taking the title from P$G and making it into CL will be the goals of course. It should be intriguing what the clubs in Ligue 1 do in the summer. I agree, they should be holding that 5th spot for a while.

I've always enjoyed Ajax and their system. But it's hard to see them going back to their dominance. They're a feeder club and so is the Eredivisie more or less. I really hope Eriksen goes to BVB

Gonzalo Higuian is on the way out, he will be sold according to multiple websites, FOX, Goal.com, etc. Real Madrid fans can rejoice, Haha.

The rumors are Madrid are making space for Gareth Bale or Sergio Aguero, or both.

I don't see how Real is getting Sergio, I have no idea why Man Cty would let that would happen. They've acquired so many players thru multi-million dollar transfers and then just get rid of them? What's the point of that?

Mourinho went off on the Spanish press today at his press conference. :lol:

Nik Postinger ‏@TouchlineDrama 1h
Pic of José Mourinho producing a piece of paper with his managerial 'facts and achievements' at his press conference. pic.twitter.com/sUd1cT4QOW
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More

Mourinho was asked why he failed—"What failure? I was correct with my methods, just as I was correct in not picking your beloved youngsters"
Expand

Mourinho—"It hurts me when Inter Milan do not win. I rejoice when I see Chelsea winning. It hurts me when Porto do not win. That's how I am"
Expand

Mourinho—"Valdano, Garcíá Remón, López Caro, Luxemburgo, Schuster, Juande Ramos, and Pellegrini. 18 managers in 21 years, I'm here 3 years."
Expand

Mourinho—"Toshack, Di Stéfano, Antić, Beenhakker, Floro, Del Bosque, Arsenio, Capello, Heynckes, Hiddink, Queiroz, Capello again, Camacho…"
Expand

Nik Postinger ‏@TouchlineDrama 2h
Amazing moment when Mourinho names all 18 previous Madrid managers one by one comparing their achievements to his. One journalist walks out.
Expand

Mourinho—"The day that I leave, be it this year, next year or in three years, you will get no interviews or words from me. La vida es bella"
Expand

Mourinho heaps praise on Barcelona—"I feel a privileged one, to have been able to break up the dominance within Spain of such a great club"
Expand

Thore Haugstad ‏@Haugstad1006 3h
Nobody betters Mourinho at indirect criticism. Every line has a subplot.
Retweeted by Nik Postinger
Expand

Mourinho—"My work is judged in relation to what I've achieved in the past. I take blame for that; for having won so much, so much, so much…"
Expand

Mourinho—"They say I'll go because of pressure from the press? No that's not an issue. The only pressure I feel is what I place upon myself"
Expand

Nik Postinger ‏@TouchlineDrama 3h
Mourinho to Madrid-leaning journalists—"You want to forget my title win? Well 20 years without a European Cup win can't be forgotten either"
Expand

Mourinho turns to one of the reporters in the room, says "Oh you want a piece of paper too?" then distributes his sheet of achievements out.
Expand

Mourinho on his title win—"This Barcelona side is the best team of the last 20-30 years and that gives even more credit to what I achieved"
Expand

Mourinho slips into the third person—"5 [Champions League] semi finals in 21 years. The Mourinho you label a failure managed 3 in 3 years!"
Expand

Mourinho—"The 3 Champions League semi finals I took Madrid to cannot be called easy considering 18 prior coaches in 21 years reached only 5"
Expand

Mourinho on infighting—"Problems manifest when certain people believe they are bigger than [the coach]…I have no problems with team players"
Expand

Mourinho twists the knife into Casillas—"My biggest regret of the last 3 years? I regret that I did not go out and sign Diego López earlier"
Expand

Mourinho rounds on Spain's media—"Perhaps I didn't do enough but there are La Liga records that are mine and no one can take them from me"
Expand

Some incredible quotes of Mourinho coming up, bear with me while I translate...
Expand

Wow. Mourinho cracked under media pressure and just did a press conference producing a Benítez-like factsheet highlighting his achievements.
Expand

Hes been a failure, he was brought to win champions league, thats it. . He didnt win it. Enough comparing with other managers, thats just *****tch move. Hes just kicking cus hes drowning.

Everybody knows he was here for champions league. He didnt win it, i think if he swallows his pride and takes the L, he might comeback next season, BUT if he says it aint his fault and hes done better that the previous. Bye bye

Last edited:
Don’t do it, Jose! Eight reasons why Mourinho would be crazy to go back to Chelsea

The man himself has distanced himself from the rumours, but considering that he is (a) still under contract at Real Madrid and (b) probably trying to play hard to get to ensure a decent salary, that's hardly surprising. Yet while it would be huge fun to see Mourinho back - not to mention making for a string of great stories for us - we at The Rundown firmly believe that the Portuguese boss would have rocks in his head if he were to return.

And here's why:

1 - He can't possibly succeed

Mourinho is remembered - rightly - as a Chelsea legend, so what benefit could there possibly be in going back? If he succeeds his stock will be no higher than it already is; and if he fails, he could tarnish his reputation for good. Even if he wins the Champions League, the joy will be dialled down just a touch as the team have already scaled that peak with Roberto Di Matteo in 2012.

2 - The players who made Mourinho's Chelsea great have all left, or are all has-beens

Didier Drogba is long gone. Claude Makelele and Michael Essien are rapidly-fading memories. What John Terry has lost in terms of pace he has made up for in unwelcome controversies. Frank Lampard could be out of contract and on the Kensington & Chelsea council scrapheap before Mourinho even takes over at Stamford Bridge.

3 - Working for Abramovich again? Are you crazy?

Mourinho was forced out by Chelsea back in 2007 despite winning five trophies in three seasons. Since then eight different men have held the job, and from the looks of things the Russian oil tycoon is getting less patient rather than more. Mourinho can expect similar treatment to that received by Fabio Capello at Real Madrid: the Italian was fired by Real Madrid in 1997 despite winning the title. He returned 10 years later to give them another chance, and was fired despite winning the title.

4 - Why would you leave Real Madrid just as Barcelona are falling apart?

Football has always moved in cycles: the top dogs are there to be shot at, and sooner or later they always go into decline, or get caught up. At bit of both has happened with Barcelona this season, and Real are brilliantly placed to press home their advantage this season. If Mourinho leaves Real now, he'll be remembered as good-but-not-great manager of the Merengues. Stay on another year, win another Liga title, and perhaps even the 10th European crown the club so desperately want, and he'll have his own statue in the Bernabeu museum.

5 - Never go back

Footballing returns never work out well - as everyone from Steve Coppell to Kenny Dalglish will tell you. Dalglish's tale of woe on his return as Liverpool manager was the stuff of nightmares. The Spanish even have a saying for it, just like we do, one which roughly translates as "second acts are never good".

6 - He could be upstaged by his former charges

Mourinho, with, amongst others, a very ginger Andre Villas-Boas and a considerably less bald Steve Clarke, 200 …
Jose Mourinho in his first stint brought a lot of new ideas, and some of his former charges would now be his rival. Former opposition scout Andre Villas-Boas, after a fluffed stint at Chelsea, will be a local rival at Spurs. Steve Clarke, once his Chelsea assistant manager, is now at West Brom. Brendan Rodgers, who was head youth coach at the Chelsea academy during Mourinho's tenure, has progressed to Liverpool manager. Any of them could get one over on their old colleague.

7 - The press aren't as nice as he remembers

Jose Mourinho believes the Spanish and Italian press are not as even-handed and fair as they are in the UK. Perhaps absence has made the heart grow fonder. Yes, they are all clamouring for his return to England now, but that's because he will sell their papers. And controversy sells better than success. The British media, now firmly in the social-networking era, will go to town on anything remotely controversial Mourinho says or does. Whether he still likes the coverage after a few months back in the thick of it remains to be seen.

8 - He'll never get the Manchester United job

It's long been rumoured that Mourinho is the man Manchester United want to replace Alex Ferguson. The latest young managers with the hottest reputations - such as David Moyes or Jurgen Klopp - will always be linked with the job when they're on the up, but Mourinho has a real shot at the best job in the Premier League. Yet if Mourinho goes to Chelsea, he'll never go to Old Trafford except as a visitor: if he succeeds at the Blues, it will make him so synonymous with Chelsea that Red Devils fans will never accept him. If he fails, he'll no longer be considered a good enough manager to take over the hottest seat in British football.

Agreed on all accounts, makes no damn sense for Mourinho to go back to Chelsea. I think Mourinho knows all of this as well, he's just playing mind games and being "Mou" towards the media. I'll be shocked if he goes back to Chelsea. Disappointed as well.

Last edited:
More BS from United fans. I'm starting to really loathe y'all. He shouldn't go to Chelsea because then he won't be able to get the United job and he won't be accepted by the fans? :rolleyes Hello, newsflash...it is not every manager's dream job to be SAF's successor. Please just stop it. So full of yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom