The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Mata & Torres:

Champions League: Holders
Europa League: Holders
World Cup 2010: Holders
Euro 2012: Holders

Forgetting about Torres for a second...that's incredible amount of successful football for Mata because he's be instrumental in all of those trophies.

What in the hell are you talking about? He was subbed on for a whopping 20 mins in all of WC2010 for a group game vs Honduras (Spain were already up at the time). He was also only subbed on once in all of Euro 2012 aswell...in the 87th min. That was the final yes, but again Spain were 3-0 up already. So he played 20/630+ mins in South Africa and 3/540+ at Euro 2012. So 23/1170 mins overall in the two tournaments. Instrumental? :lol: Please stop.

(I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you read that somewhere else and reposted it here, but you didn't really know what you were talking about.)

Last edited:
laugh.gif

David Villa to Spuds?
roll.gif
Not as bad as some (US) paper talking about some Donovan to United "rumor"
eyes.gif
roll.gif
mean.gif
Lmaoooooo USA smh
Oh lord..... What paper wrote about that rumor??

I saw the MLS blog mention it but thats about it

Mata & Torres:

Champions League: Holders
Europa League: Holders
World Cup 2010: Holders
Euro 2012: Holders

Forgetting about Torres for a second...that's incredible amount of successful football for Mata because he's be instrumental in all of those trophies.

What in the hell are you talking about? He was subbed on for a whopping 20 mins in all of WC2010 for a group game vs Honduras (Spain were already up at the time). He was also only subbed on once in all of Euro 2012 aswell...in the 87th min. That was the final yes, but again Spain were 3-0 up already. So he played 20/630+ mins in South Africa and 3/540+ at Euro 2012. So 23/1170 mins overall in the two tournaments. Instrumental? :lol: Please stop.

(I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you read that somewhere else and reposted it here, but you didn't really know what you were talking about.)

Truth be told, I just forgot Mata wasn't playing as much in the NT. I got confused from an argument with someone about why Carzola was picked over Mata everytime (I had that argument a few months ago) and because I believe Mata is a better player, for some reason I "remembered" he played more than Carzola lol. Mistake on my part.

Sign him, who cares. Just don't pay for the transfer fee. He's still a world-class striker who within 25 yards, plus he's been playing out of position in Barca for a long while now.

Sign him, who cares. Just don't pay for the transfer fee. He's still a world-class striker who within 25 yards, plus he's been playing out of position in Barca for a long while now.

His contact only ends in 2014 though. So you will have to pay a TF.

Spurs want to pay 8m while Barca want 13m.

Apparently Arsenal wanted to pay 12m. So I guess we'll see what happens...

@BBCSport

BREAKING: Chelsea's all-time record goalscorer Frank Lampard signs a new one-year deal with the club

@BBCSport
BREAKING: Chelsea's all-time record goalscorer Frank Lampard signs a new one-year deal with the club

Football Funnys ‏@FootballFunnys
After signing a 1 year contract extension, Frank Lampard says he's looking forward to working with the next 6 or 7 Chelsea managers.

Jose Mourinho will be handed £100million to spend this summer

JOSE MOURINHO will be handed a £100million war chest this summer, according to Rafa Benitez.

The Special One is all set for an emotional return to Chelsea this summer as Benitez's replacement.

And the Spaniard believes owner Roman Abramovich will hand Mourinho a megabucks transfer kitty.

The outgoing interim Blues boss told Spanish radio Onda Cero: “What I am sure about is that next season Chelsea will be much better because they will spend £100m and they will sign three or four players.

“The foundation is already there. The future is bright for them.

“I don’t know who the next coach will be, I am not the one who should say, even though everyone speculates the same person.”

Benitez was speaking after guiding to Chelsea to Europa League glory against Benfica last night.

And the ex-Liverpool chief insists he will leave Stamford Bridge having turned around the fortunes of the squad — in particular striker Fernando Torres, who scored the opener in Amsterdam.

Benitez added: “We know that he can hurt teams on the shoulder of the last defender and he did a good job.

“I keep repeating that he has improved — he has worked well with the fitness coach Paco de Miguel and he has made great improvements with his power, his strength and his speed.

“And thanks to that he manages this type of goal of that has always been one of his strengths – hanging on the last defender and then sprinting away from them.”

SOURCE: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...er-kitty-says-Rafa-Benitez.html#ixzz2TSI680kl

100 million? Wow.

I wonder who Mourinho is going to get rid of then who he'd want to bring in (if he comes this year).

So does that mean Ronaldo will follow to Chelsea? I remember him saying he would go wherever Jose will.

And congrats to kaizer chiefs they got the best kits in fifa

Barcelona wants to sign Neymar as soon as possible. The Catalan club has stepped up the pace and proof of this is that its director of football, Raúl Sanllehí is currently in Brazil. A deal could be a matter of days if everything goes as Barça hopes. Real Madrid's interest has contributed to Barcelona - which was relatively sure it would sign the Brazilian after it forwarded the Brazilian club €10m in 2011 - stepping up its efforts. First of all, Sandro Rosell met with Santos' vice-president, Odilio Rodrigues last Friday in Madrid. That meeting was also attended by Raúl Sanllehí. Rosell was criticised for not travelling to London to watch the Basketball semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona and the club revealed that the president's absence was due to an important meeting. After winning La Liga on Saturday, Rosell didn't want to go into detail, although it was pretty clear: "I can't say anything else, but I was working for the club". The one thing that remains unclear is Neymar's transfer fee as he still has a year left on his contract at Santos. It's common knowledge that the Brazilian club wants €50m, but Santos only owns 55% of the player's rights. In other words, it could finally cost twice that much to sign the star. That’s why Sanllehí is in Brazil, to negotiate the transfer fee face-to-face.

Siga leyendo en: http://www.marca.com/2013/05/16/en/football/barcelona/1368684013.html
Siganos en twitter @marca

Am I the only one who thinks Neymar and Messi are not going to be a good fit on and off the pitch?

Spending money is one thing, but spending wisely is another just ask Man City. $100 mil though? Wow... I & others on here said Chelsea only really needed a proven/consistent striker (like Atletico Madrid's Falcao) but if they had that many more quality pieces that would be crazy.

I wonder what Chelsea is going to do with goalie Thibaut Courtois on loan to Atletico Madrid? He's played very well for them on loan this year & Cech is still playing well. I wonder if they'll sell either of them this summer?

If Barcelona can't get Ter Stegen, I wouldn't mind getting Courtois. He's tall also at 6'6". Speaking of Barca, it looks like director Raul Sanllehi is in Brazil trying to seal the deal with Neymar. If he does indeed come to the Blaugrana, I'm going to have to get his shirt for my son so that he'll have one of the new ones for next season.

Question is which one should I get him?

Last edited:
Barcelona wants to sign Neymar as soon as possible. The Catalan club has stepped up the pace and proof of this is that its director of football, Raúl Sanllehí is currently in Brazil. A deal could be a matter of days if everything goes as Barça hopes. Real Madrid's interest has contributed to Barcelona - which was relatively sure it would sign the Brazilian after it forwarded the Brazilian club €10m in 2011 - stepping up its efforts. First of all, Sandro Rosell met with Santos' vice-president, Odilio Rodrigues last Friday in Madrid. That meeting was also attended by Raúl Sanllehí. Rosell was criticised for not travelling to London to watch the Basketball semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona and the club revealed that the president's absence was due to an important meeting. After winning La Liga on Saturday, Rosell didn't want to go into detail, although it was pretty clear: "I can't say anything else, but I was working for the club". The one thing that remains unclear is Neymar's transfer fee as he still has a year left on his contract at Santos. It's common knowledge that the Brazilian club wants €50m, but Santos only owns 55% of the player's rights. In other words, it could finally cost twice that much to sign the star. That’s why Sanllehí is in Brazil, to negotiate the transfer fee face-to-face.

Siga leyendo en: http://www.marca.com/2013/05/16/en/football/barcelona/1368684013.html
Siganos en twitter @marca

Am I the only one who thinks Neymar and Messi are not going to be a good fit on and off the pitch?

I think he's young enough to learn to fit. He has the passing ability (outside of his scoring capability) that would enable him to excel however I'm more worried about his effect playing with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, & Fabregas. More specifically Fabregas whose struggled playing alongside Iniesta. I have a feeling if Neymar does indeed come to Barca, they will transfer Cesc off.

Last edited:
I just don't see Neymar meshing well with the Messi at the forefront. He can pass, a bit, but he's a ball dominant scoring winger. He shoots more and his vision is not the greatest. Plus singing Neymar is something so Un-Barca like. That's more of a Real Madrid move. It's a huge gamble, I'm smelling a bust.

Barca would be better suited getting quality defenders and a big strong striker who can score the way Messi cannot.

I just don't see it.

Spending money is one thing, but spending wisely is another just ask Man City. $100 mil though? Wow... I & others on here said Chelsea only really needed a proven/consistent striker (like Atletico Madrid's Falcao) but if they had that many more quality pieces that would be crazy.

I wonder what Chelsea is going to do with goalie Thibaut Courtois on loan to Atletico Madrid? He's played very well for them on loan this year & Cech is still playing well. I wonder if they'll sell either of them this summer?

If Barcelona can't get Ter Stegen, I wouldn't mind getting Courtois. He's tall also at 6'6". Speaking of Barca, it looks like director Raul Sanllehi is in Brazil trying to seal the deal with Neymar. If he does indeed come to the Blaugrana, I'm going to have to get his shirt for my son so that he'll have one of the new ones for next season.

Less than ZERO chance Chelsea sell Courtois. He's the heir apparent to Cech and is probably the best young keeper in the world. Cech has maybe one or two season left as the top keeper at Chelsea and then they'll start phasing Courtois in.

‏@SkySportsNews

David Beckham has announced his retirement from football. More now and throughout the afternoon on Sky Sports News #ssn

So does that mean Ronaldo will follow to Chelsea? I remember him saying he would go wherever Jose will.

Well seeing Ronaldo would cost almost 60-70 million of that, I doubt they'd spend it all on him and the rest on 2 regular guys.

^ You think so huh? Coming to Barca would allow Neymar to play his natural position, the left wing. Yes, Neymar is used to playing on the ball but the coaching staff Barca has along with the veterans like Xavi, Iniesta, & of course Messi will do wonders for his game. Like I said he's young enough where I think he can adapt easily & quite frankly I thinking coming to Camp Nou will help his game evolve to a higher level. But I guess we'll see :nerd:.

Well seeing Ronaldo would cost almost 60-70 million of that, I doubt they'd spend it all on him and the rest on 2 regular guys.

Probably only the 2nd time I've agreed with something you've wrote on here :lol:

But yeah, I think you're right....Ronaldo's cost would mean what, 30m on two players? With the likes of Lucas Moura going for 38m quid, it'll be difficult to see Chelsea spending 15m each on 2 players.

I'm assuming they want to spend on top class defenders and one striker, cause the midfield is beastly already.

I assume they'll get rid of Torres (which might make things interesting if his sale money is NOT included in the 100m, maybe then, Ronaldo's price becomes possible).

I'm thinking they'll go for Aguero. Apparently he wants to get away from City and he's a very strong and quick striker, the type that Jose likes (not that tall though).

Back
Top Bottom