The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Well getting Ronaldo would make getting a striker pointless since he can play there and there's more than enough wingers. All that would remain in need is a cb which shouldn't be too costly they got sideshow bob for like 4-7mil?

Also, 2012-2013 nike kits for sale $67.97 on ndc use code BANKSHOT for 20% off

Reliving what was one of his greatest moments... 

Last edited:
^ You think so huh? Coming to Barca would allow Neymar to play his natural position, the left wing. Yes, Neymar is used to playing on the ball but the coaching staff Barca has along with the veterans like Xavi, Iniesta, & of course Messi will do wonders for his game. Like I said he's young enough where I think he can adapt easily & quite frankly I thinking coming to Camp Nou will help his game evolve to a higher level. But I guess we'll see :nerd:.

We'll see but I def don't think Barca should bite and take the bait. Too risky for a Brazilian with that much star power whose unproven in Europe, esp at a position that they're well equipped in.

Like I said Barca needs defense and size up front to help Messi do the things he's not physically able to. Most of Catalonia agrees as well. Catalan polls by far don't believe Neymar is the answer.

If Barca does go ahead and signs Neymar, a new age Barcelona is coming and everything they prided themselves on (to be the complete opposite of Real Madrid) would start become very, very, Real Madrid like.

I'll lose respect for a club like that, and Barcelona is one of the clubs and institutions I admire most, esp from a political and principles point of view. But hey - that's just me. But still, Neymar is not the answer.

We'll see but I def don't think Barca should bite and take the bait. Too risky for a Brazilian with that much star power whose unproven in Europe, esp at a position that they're well equipped in.

Like I said Barca needs defense and size up front to help Messi do the things he's not physically able to. Most of Catalonia agrees as well. Catalan polls by far don't believe Neymar is the answer.

If Barca does go ahead and signs Neymar, a new age Barcelona is coming and everything they prided themselves on (to be the complete opposite of Real Madrid) would start become very, very, Real Madrid like.

I'll lose respect for a club like that, and Barcelona is one of the clubs and institutions I admire most, esp from a political and principles point of view. But hey - that's just me. But still, Neymar is not the answer.

What about signing piqué Henry ibra Alexis jordi alba fabregas song and some others?

Yes, Barcelona have many homegrown/La Masia players on their side but they've also been very active in the transfers/signings market historically (as much as RM for that matter). In addition to the players tkim1343 mentions it goes back to Maradona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, & Thierry Henry... Signing a star player from Brazil is kinda nothing new for the folks at Camp Nou. Damn, I wish we were able to sign Thialgo Silva...

Last edited:
Cool pics rca182. Good to see footy fans supporting their teams stateside... You guys even had a older fella in your group... Is he a Brit expat living stateside in Cali now?

Interested in seeing RM vs. Atletico tomorrow...

Last edited:
Cool pics rca182. Good to see footy fans supporting their teams stateside... You guys even had a older fella in your group... Is he a Brit expat living stateside in Cali now?
The guy standing on the far left is. The one with the peace sign next to his head. The guy in the back cheering and the guy in white i met for the first time that day. Good group of fellas! They knew the chants and everything! It was nice being at a pub and not singing "blue is the color" for once! ahah

‏@SkySportsNews
David Beckham has announced his retirement from football. More now and throughout the afternoon on Sky Sports News #ssn

:frown:

the goal against Greece may have shook the world, but this was the one that announced his arrival...

:pimp:

#legend

Last edited:
Yes, Barcelona have many homegrown/La Masia players on their side but they've also been very active in the transfers/signings market historically (as much as RM for that matter). In addition to the players tkim1343 mentions it goes back to Maradona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, & Thierry Henry... Signing a star player from Brazil is kinda nothing new for the folks at Camp Nou. Damn, I wish we were able to sign Thialgo Silva...
I'm not talking about just signing "players". Neymar is a brand, he's going to sell for 60 million plus Euros. Santos wants Cristisno Ronaldo money, that's 100 million. I'm not talking about a 15-30 million investment on a player. Neymar is going for what I like to call "The Real Madrid special". He could break the transfer record.

That's not what Barca does, No way.

Last edited:
A few interesting ones today...

-Swansea are set to sign Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku on loan for next season, and are also closing in on a deal for Real Betis midfielder Jose Canas

-New Manchester City boss-in-waiting Manuel Pellegrini wants to sign Real Madrid's Angel di Maria and Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus for his new club :stoneface:

-Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund have joined Arsenal and AC Milan by showing an interest in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 22.

-France full-back Bacary Sagna has shocked Arsenal by admitting he would not "close the door" on a move to Paris St-Germain or Monaco. (looking for that trophy I see :lol:)

-Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho, 28, wants the Ukrainian club to allow him to join Manchester City for less than his £40.5m release clause.

-Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night to watch Wigan winger Callum McManaman and midfielder James McCarthy, both 22.

Damn I'm kinda bummed. Great ammbasador to the MLS and one of the greatest passers of all time.

Blessed I got to seem him play tons of times!!

This ones for you Becks!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few interesting ones today...

-Swansea are set to sign Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku on loan for next season, and are also closing in on a deal for Real Betis midfielder Jose Canas

Sounds good to me. I think he needs another season or two before he can start for Chelsea. Maybe after 13-14

-New Manchester City boss-in-waiting Manuel Pellegrini wants to sign Real Madrid's Angel di Maria and Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus for his new club :stoneface:

Really hope Reus doesnt leave. I hope BVB sticks together. They have a system and they work well with each other. I dont know how good the individual players will do once theyre split up. Obviously Reus, Gotze, Lewa, etc are world class but I feel they make each other better..

-Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund have joined Arsenal and AC Milan by showing an interest in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 22.

Would like to see him end up at Arsenal

-Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night to watch Wigan winger Callum McManaman and midfielder James McCarthy, both 22.
McManaman impressed me during the FA cup final. I could def see him being a Liverpool player...McCarthy was good too. It was my first time seeing Shaun Maloney play and he was excellent as well.

Man Chelsea is gonna be a problem in the upcoming years.. :smh:

My early favorite to win the EPL next campaign. Obviously subject to change with the upcoming transfer window and managerial changes.

In a few years theyre gonna have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne, maybe Hazards younger bro Thorgan (he just got called up for the Belgian NT), Courtois, plus 100M to spend :smh:

I just realized with all these Chelsea names, there'd be no Englishmen left on the team :lol:

Then England wonders why they always do so horribly in international competitions. :lol:

That Beckham goal gave me goosbumps 2 1/2 mins into stoppage time :nerd: i was glad he came here to LA and got to watch him play live . his long ball on composure on the ball was always on point a true legend .

Back
Top Bottom