The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

^To add to it I always think of this. when kids grow up in soccer as the main sport countries their main dream or focus is to play for their country obviously, the biggest sacrifice you can give. everyone except Spain. they only care so much about their region that instead of kids saying "I wanna play for spain till the day I die" they say "I want to play for Granada till the day I die, born n raised"

actually had a client who's dad never left Granada once in his life and proud of it. all other spainards are boo boo to him.

Reminds me of Sebastian Telfair: "if you aint from Coney Island you a country boy"
laugh.gif

Thanks man. Besides the article I posted I don't really know anything about him. Some people on tweeter said good things about him. I'm surprised this article didn't mention Miquel who was at the academy. I believe I posted something a couple of weeks ago. How Arsenal was in talks with 3 youngsters from La Masia. Good to see that we were able to close in on at least one of them. Well, if he doesn't reach his potential, Barca can have him back :lol: Have you come across any news about the American boy at La Masia, Ben Lenderman? He signed a two year deal, at the end there would be an assessment. I believe it ends this year.

Arsenal has been offloading a lot of youth players. I've read about a handful of players inviting back for a second trial. Should be an interesting summer on all levels :lol:

As for Rooney, I believe it's 250K per week, but regardless they are both high, even for Bayern. Plus, I haven't read anything that said they were interested in him but only him wanting to go there :lol: . Not like there is any room for him. I can't see him going to P$G, especially if Ibra is still there. But they do pay nicely. As for Chelsea...if he wants to be that guy. They do have the money. That move is a leap of sorts, even though with some tweaks they will be more threatening next season. As stated above, if he is willing to take a pay cut, well, that grants more options.

I haven't come across anything about the American kid at La Masia. I have been looking from time to time but nada. I've also looked for updates about the Korean & Japanese kids they have but also nothing.

There's a kid from Tampa that's at Bayern's youth academy but I haven't come across any recent news about him either...

I remember seeing videos of those two Asian boys some time ago, hopefully we'll find out more about them soon. Julian Green? Last I heard, he was called up for one of the US youth teams. I did find his father on twitter :lol: I know there's another American at Bayern but his name escapes me. Both of them are dual-citizens through one of their parents which is a little worrisome.

Julian Green (Tampa, FL) is the name of the one kid at the Bayern Youth academy. Didn't know there was another American there. Tried finding some stuff on them know but nada.

I posted vids of the Japanese kid & the Korean kid in here a while back but it looks like there isn't anything new.

These vids are always a good watch.
I did find some stuff on Julian
Here's a vid of him http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=5801
Found it on this site http://www.socceroverthere.com/?cat=260
And here's a pic of Junior

Piakai Henkel is at PSG and Romain Gall is at Lorient, haven't been able to find much on them except for articles here and there
There's a kid from a town near by me that went to Boca Juniors a year or two ago. I'll see if I can find anything on him tomorrow. So many players to keep track of :lol: :smh:

Sanogo is just exactly who I'd expect Wenger to sign. :smokin

He's a great player, have watched him with Auxerre.

He indeed is but I was hoping that we would sign Aubameyang. I'm sure the fact that I have him on my team for FIFA doesn't help :lol:

First season for Mourinho with no trophy at all....let's see if he takes a sabbatical all of a sudden....

Diego Simeone, since taking over the club in December 2011, he's taken the club from 10th to 3rd and won 4 trophies.

Thank You Sir Alex ‏@malayarora 1m
FACT: Since Cristiano Ronaldo left for Real Madrid he has won 2 trophies. In that same time, Manchester United have won 5.

Ronaldo should have never left. Man U could have had even more titles, and a champions league if he stayed. Not to mention he was a walking legend in Man U, the Spaniards don't love him the same. They're too busy loving Saint Iker Casillas and thinking he's a walking god.

But he took on the challenge of trying to beat that Barcelona team(the best team of all time in my opinion). I respect him for his determination and taking on the challenge.

I hear you, but it's tough to argue with any young footballing kid of Latin descent to not play for their dream club RM.

It would be nice for Ronaldo to return. He's had a genuine shot at EPL and CL, and could perform without the constant Messi cloud over his head.

Dortmund hope to party like it's 1999

Borussia Dortmund have taunted Bayern Munich ahead of the Champions League final by displaying Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's famous shirt from 1999 in their club museum.

As the Bundesliga rivals prepare to meet at Wembley on May 25, Dortmund have ramped up the mind games, using Wednesday's media open day to show journalists their latest exhibit: the shirt worn by Solskjaer when he completed Manchester United's famous victory over Bayern.

Bayern had led at the Camp Nou from the sixth minute, when Mario Basler's free-kick put them in control, but Teddy Sheringham equalised in the 91st minute before Solskjaer, on as a late substitute, fired home a winner.

That result, along with last season's penalty shootout defeat by Chelsea at the Allianz Arena, remains one of the darkest moments in Bayern's history.

Meanwhile, Germany is gearing up one of the biggest days in its sporting history as two Bundesliga clubs contest the Champions League final for the first time.

Screenings will be held all over the country, with 100,000 expected at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate, and the city councils of Munich and Dortmund preparing special events for those fans unable to make it to London.

The match will be screened at the Allianz Arena, and tz reports that Bayern supporters camped out from Wednesday night to get hold of the 45,000 tickets, which were to be made available on Friday morning, with four allocated per person. The queue for the tickets was over one kilometre long.

Dortmund's 12,000 tickets for the screening in the Westfalenhalle sold out within hours. When tickets for a second screening in the 7,000-capacity Westfalenhalle 4 were put on sale on Thursday, it too sold out within a day.

"We have never experienced anything like this," a spokesperson for the venue told Ruhr Nachrichten.

:lol:

We'll see but I def don't think Barca should bite and take the bait. Too risky for a Brazilian with that much star power whose unproven in Europe, esp at a position that they're well equipped in.
Like I said Barca needs defense and size up front to help Messi do the things he's not physically able to. Most of Catalonia agrees as well. Catalan polls by far don't believe Neymar is the answer.
If Barca does go ahead and signs Neymar, a new age Barcelona is coming and everything they prided themselves on (to be the complete opposite of Real Madrid) would start become very, very, Real Madrid like.
I'll lose respect for a club like that, and Barcelona is one of the clubs and institutions I admire most, esp from a political and principles point of view. But hey - that's just me. But still, Neymar is not the answer.

Barca have always spent money. Broken transfer records throughout history on Cruijff , Diego, and Ronaldo. Ibra would have been another had Madrid not signed CR that same summer. Overmars, Alves, Cesc, and Villa have each gone for around 40 million euros. If a big club has money, they will spend it - especially if the club is being run by the supporters who couldn't care less about profit. I don't like Rosell, and most of his transfer business has been poor, but as a supporter I don't mind the club spending as long as the majority of the squad is made up of academy products and the debt continues being serviced.

Size up front is unnecessary. The style will not change to flinging in crosses and looking to bang in headers with an out and out number 9. In attack, what is needed is the two wide forwards making runs in behind and scoring goals - ala Henry/Etoo in '09 and Villa/Pedro in '11. Unfortunately, Villa hasn't been the same since his injury, Pedro is inconsistent, and Alexis is talented but more of a wide playmaker. Neymar fits well enough, as he is comfortable playing through either the wide or central channels, but the club will not pay near 100 million pounds for him. If that's what it takes, he'll end up in Madrid. Of course he isn't the solution to every problem, and defense is the priority, but polls in Sport and MD support the signing of the player so I don't know what you're on about. If the opportunity to sign future WPOTY-caliber talent like Neymar arises, Barca should take it.

"I'll lose respect..." :lol: Does anyone actually care who respects which club? Patronizing nonsense.

Last edited:
Hilarious King's Cup result. Two managers whose sides I don't enjoy watching, but it was a spectacle. The whites were classless in defeat as usual under Mou. Considering Simeone has won as many trophies in a year and change than Mou has won in three with one of the most talented squads ever assembled, there is no doubt he failed in Spain. Results aside, the only thing worse than his behavior was the quality of football.

And LOL at everyone psychoanalyzing Spaniards. Yes, loyalty is primarily regional, but to suggest there is some character flaw predisposing them to hate foreigners is foolish. Mou is a #(%@, and thus people dislike him. And why should anyone in Spain other than Madridistas like CR? He was widely disliked in England, too.

Last edited:
Hilarious King's Cup result. Two managers whose sides I don't enjoy watching, but it was a spectacle. The whites were classless in defeat as usual under Mou. Considering Simeone has won as many trophies in a year and change than Mou has won in three with one of the most talented squads ever assembled, there is no doubt he failed in Spain. Results aside, the only thing worse than his behavior was the quality of football.

He won la liga last year against a team that's regarded by some as the goat(barca) Spanish leaders on the team became unruly and real outplayed athletico they just couldn't get past the post. I wouldn't really call it a failure the dudes won in 4 different leagues and 2 cl with 2 diff teams

He won la liga last year against a team that's regarded by some as the goat(barca) Spanish leaders on the team became unruly and real outplayed athletico they just couldn't get past the post. I wouldn't really call it a failure the dudes won in 4 different leagues and 2 cl with 2 diff teams

That's one major title out of the six he could have won. Credit to him for winning La Liga, but he didn't win in Europe which is what Madrid treasure, and he was dusted in the league this season before Christmas with the most expensive squad in history. But the biggest thing is the quality of play. He didn't get the best of his players which is a manager's job. The style of play is too reactive and too formulaic for the players to express themselves and their talents. Just look at how Ozil plays for Germany. Such a cerebral footballer and the combinations he sees and plays are incredible. Now look at him for RM. He spends most of his time pressing, and when he does get on the ball he'll play it to Ronaldo, and make an intelligent run into space looking for a one-two. Instead, CR will take a pot shot from 40 yards and the attack is killed.

It may be too black and white, but his time in Spain is closer to a failure than it is to a success.

^^ agreed. I think he lost control just like Mancini. What do you think is harder to win/play your style with, managing a team of overpaid pre madonnas with attitude problems or a younger squad with something to prove?

^^ agreed. I think he lost control just like Mancini. What do you think is harder to win/play your style with, managing a team of overpaid pre madonnas with attitude problems or a younger squad with something to prove?

These managers need to learn something from SAF.

No man is bigger than the club.

In fact I remember an interview with him saying no man is more important than the manager. The manager of the club should always have the final say. It's something that SAF mastered, and something that Mou and Mancini haven't...

In fact I remember an interview with him saying no man is more important than the manager. The manager of the club should always have the final say. It's something that SAF mastered, and something that Mou and Mancini haven't...

Saf must have a mean right hook :lol:

Saf must have a mean right hook :lol:

you don't know the story?

SAF gave him that love mark with one this....

Tito going back to NYC for more cancer treatment. :x Godspeed & get well soon Tito... Hope he's ok...

Wow, that Copa Del Ray really rustled some jimmies on here huh? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom