The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Maybe not. But that doesn't mean he will be sold. And that doesn't mean he can't adapt.

And since we're going by Jose's track record...he has never once come into a club and sold a player of note the first year. He didn't sell anybody at Chelsea, Inter, or Madrid (who mattered) the first summer he came in so I don't know why people think he's going to come in and automatically sell our starting CB and one of our best overall players. It's just nonsense.

He's not that great, the Portuguese papers already say Chelsea are interested in Mangala from Porto. He's a much more reliable CB with higher potential than Luiz. You're giving this dude way to much credit.

Regardless, just don't be surprised if Luiz is gone. Where there is smoke, there is fire. If he stays, so be it. Hopefully Mourinho can get him to settle the **** down lol.

Mourinho just said in his press conference that he can't wait to work with David Luiz.

So let's go ahead and dead that stupid rumor now.

:smokin

Yeah, I honestly can't see this kid becoming robinho 2.0 man. Like dude said above, he's going to become Barcas Ronaldo, in a sense he has much more marketability than Messi. He's gonna be the next superstar no doubt. Kinda jelly Madrid didn't grab him

I don't follow soccer at all, but I'm going to Europe in August (Paris 8/21-8/23 and Barcelona 8/27-8/31) and wanted to check out a FC Barcelona or PSG match. I did a quick google search and couldn't find a schedule.

When are schedules released? Does anyone know if they will have home games during those dates and is hard to get tix?

I don't follow soccer at all, but I'm going to Europe in August (Paris 8/21-8/23 and Barcelona 8/27-8/31) and wanted to check out a FC Barcelona or PSG match. I did a quick google search and couldn't find a schedule.

When are schedules released? Does anyone know if they will have home games during those dates and is hard to get tix?

I don't know about PSG, but Barca's schedule will be announced sometime at the end of July. Hope you have a good time & safe travels...

Does the laliga start that early?

Watching the United Madrid exo now. Should be fun.

Last edited:
You'll probably be there in time for the Gamper Trophy friendly. Barca will play against an invited team and basically show off the new signings.

Mourinho just said in his press conference that he can't wait to work with David Luiz.

So let's go ahead and dead that stupid rumor now.

Don't let facts get in the way. It's probably true if there is literally no source and denied by the player's agent who would love nothing more than to drub up interest in his player.

Honestly Luiz is much more like Ricky Carvalho than many would like to admit, buy it's probably because you're more interested in living off of a Gary Neville sound bite than actually watching football and developing your own opinion.

Why anyone would listen to anything during silly season without direct quotations from any of the parties that would need to be involved is really beyond me.

Apparently Jesus Navas to City is a done deal.

Waiting for final confirmation based off fairly reliable twitter account...

Already doing better in this window than they did last summer. Overpaying for Scott Sinclair to provide width was a microcosm for that window. They missed their real targets and settled for secondary pieces. I am not going to be surprised if we see Cavani getting on the end of those pinpoint crosses sooner than later.

Im sure its mourinhos dream to manage a club like chelsea.. with all the glorious history and extremely patient owner. I dont care what anyone says Mou cannot look at going back to chelsea as step forward in his career. After managing Real where next wouldnt look like a step back? Only 3 other clubs : Barca, Bayern and whether you like it or not United are all on that tier. So wether you rate the job or not, Im almost 100% sure they do.

Agreed on all accounts, makes no damn sense for Mourinho to go back to Chelsea. I think Mourinho knows all of this as well, he's just playing mind games and being "Mou" towards the media. I'll be shocked if he goes back to Chelsea. Disappointed as well.

Jose Mourinho is def gone this summer, with or without champions league trophy. He can't stand the Spanish press and lack of hierarchy.

He's not going back to Chelsea. He's not going to City because of Man U. I think PSG has the best shot.

It'd be the perfect time to go to Man U, if Fergy retired. Which he won't, Mourinho is just waiting for that job.

I'd be extremely surprised if Mourinho comes back. Some press are calling for John Terry to take the reigns given Chelsea's history of player managers (like Ruud Gullit & Gianluca Villai - previous to Abramovich's ownership).

UK's Daily Mirror has these guys as possible candidates - Mourinho, Everton's David Moyes, Chelsea's own Gus Poyet or Gianfranco Zola, Swansea's Michael Laudrup, bringing back Avram Grant, Malaga's Manuel Pellegrini, Russian national team's Fabio Capello, Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp, & finally QPR's Redknapp...

Managers talk.

Mourinho has said he'd love to go back to Chelsea, but he's also said he'd love to be at United.

We'll never know what he was really thinking.

tumblr_mfhe5msKg31re78yuo1_400.gif

v6qipk.gif

^^^^
:lol:

PEOPLE ACTING LIKE CHELSEA AINT A TOP TIER CLUB HAHAHAHA

IF WINNING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AINT ENOUGH TO CALL U A TOP TIER CLUB, THEN WHAT IS?

Chelsea is nothing compared to Real Madrid, you're a fool if you think they even come close to comparing with each other.

^^^^
:lol:

PEOPLE ACTING LIKE CHELSEA AINT A TOP TIER CLUB HAHAHAHA

IF WINNING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AINT ENOUGH TO CALL U A TOP TIER CLUB, THEN WHAT IS?

I'm not saying Chelsea is trash...but history speaks for itself....

Winning a champions league or European title once isn't impossible. Consistency is what makes a club great....

when you speak of top tier clubs in Europe....

Club
Real Madrid 9
Milan 7
Bayern Munich 5
Liverpool 5
Barcelona 4
Ajax 4
Internazionale 3
Manchester United 3
Benfica 2
Juventus 2

Chelsea has a looooong way to go in Europe....

(Btw, Chelsea is currently 17th on that list)

Honestly a far as quality I wouldn't even look at Chelsea. They do win but the quality of the club in an entirety cannot hang with others. I would rather sign for Liverpool and Tottenham than Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom