The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Honestly a far as quality I wouldn't even look at Chelsea. They do win but the quality of the club in an entirety cannot hang with others. I would rather sign for Liverpool and Tottenham than Chelsea.

OK, as much as I dislike Chelsea, this would be one of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever heard of. You'd rather sign for a team that didn't even qualify for Europa League than a team that has players like Cech, Lampard, Mata, Luiz, Hazard, and Lukaku and Mourinho as manager? I like Liverpool but they've won one CL in the past 30 years and haven't won the league in almost 25 years

Last edited:
The Chelsea hate/envy is strong up in here.

But that's okay...

tpDk4rB.gif

Keep on doing y'all thing...

s5T0Wmy.gif

Here's a message for you guys.

757.gif

Anyways...

tumblr_lfsvnwyeiv1qbbhos.gif

Dude nobody is hating on Chelsea lmao. Seriously. Not one person in this thread cares about them besides there "fans".

Stop saying that. They're on their 22394536495373 manager in 10 years dude. *****

Dude nobody is hating on Chelsea lmao. Seriously. Not one person in this thread cares about them besides there "fans".

Stop saying that. They're on their 22394536495373 manager in 10 years dude. *****

You say nobody is hating, then proceed to throw a bunch of shade....
JdTN0cl.gif

Lol@ Chelsea being called an elite club. They are on their way there, but they aren't there just yet.

UEFA disagrees.

yCBu41A.png

World Club Rankings: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Also in the top 5 most valuable clubs in the world...if that's not elite then you don't know the meaning of the word.

Top 25 football clubs by brand value
RANK TEAM BRAND VALUE
1 Bayern Munich £569 M
2 Manchester United £554 M
3 Real Madrid £411 M
4 Barcelona £379 M
5 Chelsea £277 M
6 Arsenal £271 M
7 Liverpool £239 M
8 Manchester City £220 M
9 AC Milan £174 M
10 Borussia Dortmund £172 M

Last edited:
OK, as much as I dislike Chelsea, this would be one of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever heard of. You'd rather sign for a team that didn't even qualify for Europa League than a team that has players like Cech, Lampard, Mata, Luiz, Hazard, and Lukaku and Mourinho as manager? I like Liverpool but they've won one CL in the past 30 years and haven't won the league in almost 25 years

Never said they were not a good club. I said the quality of it. From history and atmosphere viewpoint. Yea they have ballers, no doubt but as a upcoming player I would rather sign with other clubs than Chelsea.

Also in the top 5 most valuable clubs in the world...if that's not elite then you don't know the meaning of the word.

RANK TEAM BRAND VALUE
1 Bayern Munich £569 M
3 Real Madrid £411 M
4 Barcelona £379 M
5 Chelsea £277 M
6 Arsenal £271 M
7 Liverpool £239 M
8 Manchester City £220 M
9 AC Milan £174 M

Club value and brand value are not the same

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...nchester-united-from-top-spot-at-3-3-billion/
That 569m is about 870 in dollars
If anyone wants to read the Brand Finance report. http://issuu.com/brandfinance/docs/brandfinance_football_50_2013?e=3802308/2584837
I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, soon hopefully

RANK TEAM BRAND VALUE
1 Bayern Munich £569 M
3 Real Madrid £411 M
4 Barcelona £379 M
5 Chelsea £277 M
6 Arsenal £271 M
7 Liverpool £239 M
8 Manchester City £220 M
9 AC Milan £174 M

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...nchester-united-from-top-spot-at-3-3-billion/
If anyone wants to read the Brand Finance report. http://issuu.com/brandfinance/docs/brandfinance_football_50_2013?e=3802308/2584837

Did you even read the 1st article you posted?

It has Madrid, United, Barcelona, Cowboys, Yankees, Arsenal and then Chelsea as the top 7 teams in the world in terms of club value.

So among soccer teams Chelsea is still 5th in the world in club value just the same as they are 5th in brand value.

Last edited:
You say nobody is hating, then proceed to throw a bunch of shade....
JdTN0cl.gif

UEFA disagrees.

yCBu41A.png

World Club Rankings: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Im not talking in terms of value, so save the figures for someone else. Despite what uefa says , I wouldn't consider Chelsea to be amongst the ranks of Bayern munich, Barcelona, Real madrid, Juventus etc. Chelsea is a great club who has ran into some blockades but is back on track and on the rise to reach those ranks, but as of now I wouldn't consider it to be up there.

Last edited:

RANK TEAM BRAND VALUE
1 Bayern Munich £569 M
3 Real Madrid £411 M
4 Barcelona £379 M
5 Chelsea £277 M
6 Arsenal £271 M
7 Liverpool £239 M
8 Manchester City £220 M
9 AC Milan £174 M

Did you even read the 1st article you posted?

It has Madrid, United, Barcelona, Cowboys, Yankees, Arsenal and then Chelsea as the top 7 teams in the world in terms of club value.

So among soccer teams Chelsea is still 5th in the world in club value just the same as they are 5th in brand value.

Did you even click the slide show? :lol:
It list 20 soccer teams, with Chelsea being 7th. I'm just saying brand value doesn't equate to club value

Brand value doesn't mean anything really. They are a big club in England, yes but if you want to get into the technicalities of it brand value also has to do with marketing and funding source. Their club value could be the same as glatasaray (sp)(just an example) but still generate higher revenue.

The Revolution produced quite the upset against LA.  Montreal took top of the Eastern table today.....this season is quite interesting.

Even though the Galaxy got smoked...... glad to hear MLS talk in here 
nthat.gif

Are folks in here really using brand value as some sort of measurement to the quality of play on the pitch over a set period of time?

Oh okay...

Brand value doesn't mean anything really. They are a big club in England, yes but if you want to get into the technicalities of it brand value also has to do with marketing and funding source. Their club value could be the same as glatasaray (sp)(just an example) but still generate higher revenue.
Brand value means more than club value. It will take years for clubs like Chelsea and Man City to surpass clubs like Manchester Utd, Arsenal, and even Liverpool in terms of brand value because of a history, success and prestige associated with these clubs that transcends generations. Similarly it will always be tough for Bayern Munich to catch up with the likes of United and Real Madrid's global brand due to a cultural and language barrier that's held them back.

BTW I realize that Brand Finance report has Bayern listed as number one in value but I read their selection criteria and it seems they place the most importance on club finances and IMO brand footprint is important when talking about the strength of a brand. Their brand rating system is more inline with my beliefs, Real Madrid and Manchester United are the only brands ratted AAA+ by that report.

And sorry but looking strictly at success in the last ten years quality of play presented on the field, Chelsea is an elite club in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
Diff between us is I dont have to tell you how elite my club is.. because you already know it :smokin

Chelsea is deff on the rise as a club but they need to continue this for atleast another 10 yrs.. this consistancy/history is the reason liverpool/arsenal are able to still sign players. Its still an honor to play for these clubs.If roman left tomorrow and took his wallet with him, you wouldnt be able to produce that kind of commitment from players (atleast not yet). Winning one CL doesnt do that either, I'll remind you Aston Villa has a European Championship and ppl arent clamoring to go there.

Ibis- Im not even sure why you quoted half of us, most of us werent doubting his return but just saying it wasnt the best move. I wish he would have stayed one final yr in madrid and finally brought them that 10th CL.. IMO that would have been a much bigger talking point then anything he can do with chelsea (aside from winning a treble). I deff think Chelsea gains more from his return than he does. As a BPL fan, I will enjoy him back in the league.. especially with SAF retiring he will ensure there is still some entertainment.

Last edited:
So city could possibly field toure, isco, silva, and navas? wow next yr is gonna be the crazy.. I hope we make some strong signings as well in Mid field cuz its gonna be hard to maintain posession when city and chelsea are fielding those types of teams..

navas in.. so whos out? sinclair? nasri?

Listen, Jose Mourinho was leading my club to a champions league when you were in diapers and didn't know what Chelsea FC was. Mourinho is my favorite manager, he's a Porto alum. I root for him wherever he goes.

However I didn't think he should have gone back to Chelsea yet, I think he should have stayed at Real and try to finish what he started (not everyday you get to manage a player like Ronaldo). Or possibly take another job in another country as another challenge (we all know he loves challenges).

But I guess he got tired of it (and the press) and needed stability, I don't blame him but Mourinho of 10 years ago wouldn't have gone back but he's 50 now. His priorities changed.

With that said I'll be rooting for Chelsea because of Mou, I wish him the best always. I don't have a favorite English team, I never cared about an English club, but he's a Porto man - so I'll hope he succeeds. Can't wait to see how he does and who he brings in.

Just realized Diego Lopez was not selected for Spain .. did he retire from international duty? He should deff be slotted ahead of Pepe or Valdes..
Spain also need to identify a replacement striker for Villa before the WC.. they cannot limp through that tourny with sub par strikers like they did in euros. Hopefully llorente or somone else can have a break through yr.

Last edited:
Japan become the first team to get through and qualify for Brazil 2014.
Australia in a bit of trouble, but got a good point today.

Just realized Diego Lopez was not selected for Spain .. did he retire from international duty? He should deff be slotted ahead of Pepe or Valdes..
Spain also need to identify a replacement striker for Villa before the WC.. they cannot limp through that tourny with sub par strikers like they did in euros. Hopefully llorente or somone else can have a break through yr.

Diego Lopez not retired he has just not been picked since 2009 - Del Bosque does not like change to his squad and that is why he is loyal to his core group,
People in Spain have called for De Gea to be called but even he has been ignored after a great season with Manchester United.

Llorente will not spend so much time on the bench this coming season now he has signed with Juventus, Just hoping he hits the ground running in Turin

Back
Top Bottom