The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Forlan's technique man :x:x:x:x:x:x I think most people who play know just how hard that goal was to pull off.

Ball coming across your body...first time...non-dominant foot...upper 90 near post....Such class

^ I think that Messi tax issue is a much ado about nothing. If anything, they'll find his father guilty.

In other Barca news, UK's Daily Mail is reporting Thiago has agreed to terms with Man U. :\

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-signing-Thiago-Alcantara-17m-Barcelona.html

United close on £17m deal for Barca midfield maestro Thiago after agreeing personal terms on £5m-a-year deal
By CHRIS WHEELER
PUBLISHED: 18:01 EST, 20 June 2013 | UPDATED: 18:01 EST, 20 June 2013

Manchester United are on the verge of signing Barcelona midfield star Thiago Alcantara in a £17million deal.

The Premier League champions have stolen a march on rivals Manchester City by agreeing personal terms of £5m-a-year with Thiago, 22, and his father Mazinho.

They still have to finalise a deal with Barcelona and sources say that it is unlikely there will be any announcement on Friday, but discussions between the two clubs will continue over the weekend.

Thiago is seen as one of the rising stars of Spanish football and underlined his growing reputation by scoring a hat-trick in his country’s triumph over Italy in the European Under-21 Championship Final earlier this week.

But he has grown increasingly frustrated over his lack of opportunities at the Nou Camp despite assurances from Barca that they see him as a future leader of their team.

He was first recommended to United by the club’s chief scout Martin Ferguson three years ago, and new Old Trafford boss David Moyes has also been a long-term admirer during his time at Everton.

But it was thought unlikely that he could be prised away from Barcelona where he has come through the youth system since the age of 14.

*Birdman hand rub*

Forlan's technique man :x:x:x:x:x:x I think most people who play know just how hard that goal was to pull off.

Ball coming across your body...first time...non-dominant foot...upper 90 near post....Such class

Seriously. I laughed when I saw the goal. That's just how ridiculous it was.

I'll say it now, EPL don't wanna see Wenger spend big man. Arsenal with even a couple world class players >

:lol: Not this again.

Even in 2004, one season after the "Invincibles" when Arsenal still had a bunch of world class players...Mourinho came into the league and won the league over pretty much the same Invincibles squad by 12 points on his very first try.

Barcelona won't let it happen, they'll pay off all of his fees.

I hope you're right Jada but Sky Italy’s Tancredi Palmeri, Sky Sports' Graham Hunter, & Quim Domenech of Intereconomia TV in Barcelona all tweeted that Thiago is going to Man U.

I'm going to miss Ray Hudson shouting his name in that thick Scottish brogue on Barca BEIN Sport telecasts. :lol:

It is going to be amazing to watch him play more. He has the same futsol backround Iniesta has however his game is more like Xavi's only Thiago will score more.

^ Think he was talking about the Messi thing but don't worry in a few years time Xavi will be saying how much Thiago misses Barca and how bad it is ala the Fabregas saga.

Oh you're right Gex. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension more or stop trying to work at the same time.

I fit in my posts during the day because I'm waiting for data to run on several servers (throughout the day)... :lol:

USA attacking good. Delofeu is insanely fast :x

Nvm, USA is just holding possession up there and not doing much.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm enjoying that they aren't going into a defensive shell, US actually has more possession than Spain...they're gonna be really vulnerable to counters by Spain though since they're pushing numbers up..it really should be 1-1 though Hernandez broke through but pushed it just wide. Luis Gil is also very good

Edit: Deulofeu :x :x kid is gonna be special that was nice...2-0 scoreline is a little harsh for the US but that Spain attack is :smokin...welp 3-0 now the backline especially the CBs are playing awful

Last edited:
Damn I hope Garcia is ok, glad to see he's walking off..

I just realized, Deulofeu is the only Barca player on the U20 team...

Chelsea just signed a $450 million 10-year extension with adidas...

Spain as a team is better than the US, but the scoreline Is a little exaggerating, since all I see is just individual brilliance by spain. I see US not having too much trouble moving the ball or winning challenges but every time spain has the ball in the middle, its an all out sprint race between jesse and the defense or deulofeu :lol:

That USA goal was class :smokin

Last edited:
Hector Herrera going to Porto for 18m USD, a record breaking transfer fee for a Mexican based player

Can't solidify a starting spot in Chepo's midfield though 
eyes.gif

That's the second Mexican Porto has got this summer. (Never seen a Mexican on Porto before that)

Wonder what we're doing here.

Hector Herrera going to Porto for 18m USD, a record breaking transfer fee for a Mexican based player

Can't solidify a starting spot in Chepo's midfield though :rolleyes

Word. Been saying this non stop...

Mainly because Chepo's stubborn *** keeps Torrado in the Starting XI.

What ever happened to Ulises Davila last I read he was supposed to check in with Chelsea.
Hopefully he gets loaned out to a decent team.
Might be wrong but dont you need certain amount of PT on your NT to be able to play in the Premier.

Yeah I'm enjoying that they aren't going into a defensive shell, US actually has more possession than Spain...they're gonna be really vulnerable to counters by Spain though since they're pushing numbers up..it really should be 1-1 though Hernandez broke through but pushed it just wide. Luis Gil is also very good

Edit: Deulofeu :x :x kid is gonna be special that was nice...2-0 scoreline is a little harsh for the US but that Spain attack is :smokin...welp 3-0 now the backline especially the CBs are playing awful

I like Gil but it's a shame he didn't sign with Arsenal and opted out to stay home, which is understandable. Yedlin looked good to me from what I saw (didn't watch the whole match). Workhorse type. Hernández really should have had a goal :smh:

Bijev who plays for Liverpool, I guess after being snubbed by the U20 side one too many times recently has finally decided to play for the Bulgaria U21 side. He's now captied, Subotic comes to mind...sigh

Deulofeu :x :smh:

Might be wrong but dont you need certain amount of PT on your NT to be able to play in the Premier.

Yea, one of the ways to get a work permit which would allow you to play in the BPL is by playing a certain number of games for your NT. Another one is a special case/exception(of talent, I believe), that's how Brek Shea got his so quickly. There's also another way but I don't recall.

This is why Joel Campbell hasn't been able to get his work permit but if he plays one or two more games for Costa Rica he'll be in the clear. He'll be loaned out again, most likely to Betis. Saw a report saying that Palace wants him on loan as a temp replacement to Zaha but it was from Caught Offsides >D but I do think that would be a good deal for him.

Last edited:
Im glad Herrera signed to Porto. He'll be alright :pimp: Diego Reyes is off to Porto as well? I'll keep tabs on these guys development.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom