The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Hazard is such quality. Wish AFC would have gotten him...I mean he fits our style much better :wink: but really though, he would be a great improvement for any team.
Great buy for Chelsea, he's the player that they needed, especially being in their transitional phase.
He'll be one of the top wingers in the EPL this year, if not the best

Last edited:
First two El Clásicos of the season. First one is tomorrow at the Camp Nou.

Here's the possible starting 11 for Barca:

Valdés; Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Alba; Xavi, Sergio, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Alexis

I'm calling a 2-0 win for Barca.

I'm pumped. A storms expected to be hitting us tomorrow, so I hope the power doesn't go out and I get to watch it.

Can someone tell me what happened to Torres?

Why is he so bad now?

The was 2-2 and he scored a goal offsides but the linesman didn't call it. Made it 3-2, people on twitter were pointed out that it happened the last couple of games that counted.
But as a striker he is doing his job in all fairness.

Why is he so bad now?

Lol stop. He's still world class IDC what anyone says. Yeah his production isn't near what it was at LFC, but I would still take his goal scoring ability over 98% of other strikers. I think this the year he scores 25+.

I see Barca taking the first leg. If Madrid leaves with only a goal to make up, I think they take it in Madrid next week.

since we having a Hazard love fest in here.. thought i'd post all his goals and assists from last year.. i'm sure most of you have seen it but still.. :x @ the way he does that defender on his first goal of the year..

• Arsene Wenger is lining up a sensational swoop for Sevilla midfielder Jesus Navas
  • A large portion of the recent influx of money at Arsenal could be spent on Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote
  • Arsenal in for M'Vila as Sahin deal stalls

I can probably think of 5 other defenders which IMO are better than Pepe or that I at least would rather watch than Pepe. My problem with Pepe is due to all the things he's done. Kicking players on the ground, stomping on players, etc. It's all unnecessary.

If Arsenal can pick up Navas, then that's a big signing and another big loss for La Liga. Navas is really good and as I can see Arsenal are really raiding through La Liga and takin advantage of Spain's current situation. Smart move for Arsenal.

As a Barca fan I hate Pepe with a passion, but when it comes to Portugal I definitely want him on the squad. Dude is world class but loses control/dives way too @#@$@$ much...

And yes, before someone brings him up, I hate Dani Alves equally :lol:

Last edited:
I remember that Pepe animal vid :smh:
Marcelo isn't as bad as he used to be...him and Pepe were straight gooning :smh:

I was hoping that Sahin deal would be announced by and that he would be ready for Sunday

How does this even happen?

article-2191328-14A22500000005DC-825_468x517.jpg

The two Milan clubs, Inter and AC, are competing to sign £8m-rated Holland international Nigel de Jong, 27, from Manchester City (SURELY SAF could have put in a bid :smh: )

Liverpool owner John W Henry is willing to oversee the sale of two midfielders - Charlie Adam and Jay Spearing - to fund a substantial offer for Fulham's 29-year-old American international Clint Dempsey.

Borussia Dortmund confirm the club have rejected a number of offers for striker Robert Lewandowski, 24, amid speculation of interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.

With just a year left on winger Theo Walcott's contract, Arsenal are focusing their attention on acquiring Sevilla star Jesus Navas. The 26-year-old Spanish international has a £35m buy-out clause but his club are expected to accept a much lower offer. :smile:{ this could be deadly midfield with Arsenal this season)

Andre Villas-Boas wants 23-year-old Internacional striker Leandro Damiao to link up with new boy Emmanuel Adebayor. :smile:eek Spurs really want to prove a point)

Tottenham have been told to up their bid for Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris, 25, after having a offer for the France international turned down by the Ligue 1 side earlier in the summer.

West Ham and Sunderland are competing to sign West Brom's Peter Odemwingie. (Quality striker for a lower level team)

Newcastle want former striker Andy Carroll, 23, on loan for the rest of the season from Liverpool with a view to a permanent £12m deal, but Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is reluctant to accept such an offer :lol:

Lol stop. He's still world class IDC what anyone says. Yeah his production isn't near what it was at LFC, but I would still take his goal scoring ability over 98% of other strikers.

You are delusional. Take away his name and his price tag and nobody in the world would consider him World Class. And this is coming from a Chelsea fan who is rooting for him to succeed.

He sucks now because he's one dimensional, he needs other players to perfectly set him up so he can run on to the end of passes and slide them in. His link up play is terrible, he goes invisibile for large stretches of games because he only gets involved when others serve him up passes on a silver platter. Add that to the fact that he has almost no ability to create something out of nothing and create chances/goals for himself now. Oh yeah...and then there's the fact that everytime he gets the ball he appears hesistant and indecisive which gives defenders time to close on him before he can do anything. His lack of confidence is another big reason why he has struggled. His lack of aggression in attacking is always going to make it hard for him to be a threat.

Why is he so bad now?

if you follow baseball at all and know of Rick Ankiel, the former blue chip prospect pitcher turned outfielder, I think Torres is having a similar thing. Physically dude is on the downside of the slope, having played almost 500 matches (which is why Chelsea was dumb as hell for paying that much money for a declining asset, thats another story though). But I think its really in his head mentally, like its one thing to lose a step but he looks almost clueless in front of the goal. I know some of the Philly teams use a Sports Psychologist to help if players need it and I really think Torres needs that right now more than anyone. I feel like there's some kind of "yips" or mental block that he's going through

Back
Top Bottom