The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I have mixed feeling about Arshavin. He's clearly past it to be able to play on the wing where Wenger likes to throw him out at but as we saw at the Euro's when playing in the free role as second striker/playmaker he can still do a job (in short bursts :lol:).

Yes he is lazy and on defense its like we are down to 10 men but besides Cazorla he is the only other player in the squad who has that bit of "magic"/individual brillance that could turn a game.

I feel like Wenger kind of wasted his talents throwing him out on the wing, especially last season. it seemed to me we could have made a much better option as CAM with Cesc and Nasri leaving and Wilshere being hurt last season compared to Ramsey and even Rosicky.

With this midfield last season...

--Arteta - Song
---Arshavin

We would have got a MUCH better goal return from the CAM spot (Ramsey and Rosicky had what 5 goals between them in all competitions last season? Again 5 goals from the CAM spot!? ) plus that would have allowed Song to just play as a pure DM since someone who could actually spot and pick a pass would have been playing in from of him possibly making our defense look alot better.

I dont know....as I said I'm torn on what to do with Arshavin..

Fellow Gooners and (non Gooners aswell) what are ya'll thoughts on Andrei Arshavin? Are ya'll done with him or do you still think he could add something to an EPL team if used correctly?

Last edited:
I have mixed feeling about Arshavin. He's clearly past it to be able to play on the wing where Wenger likes to throw him out at but as we saw at the Euro's when playing in the free role as second striker/playmaker he can still do a job (in short bursts :lol:).

Yes he is lazy and on defense its like we are down to 10 men but besides Cazorla he is the only other player in the squad who has that bit of "magic"/individual brillance that could turn a game.

I feel like Wenger kind of wasted his talents throwing him out on the wing, especially last season. it seemed to me we could have made a much better option as CAM with Cesc and Nasri leaving and Wilshere being hurt last season compared to Ramsey and even Rosicky.

With this midfield last season...

--Arteta - Song
---Arshavin

We would have got a MUCH better goal return from the CAM spot (Ramsey and Rosicky had what 5 goals between them in all competitions last season? Again 5 goals from the CAM spot!? ) plus that would have allowed Song to just play as a pure DM since someone who could actually spot and pick a pass would have been playing in from of him possibly making our defense look alot better.

I dont know....as I said I'm torn on what to do with Arshavin..

Fellow Gooners and (non Gooners aswell) what are ya'll thoughts on Andrei Arshavin? Are ya'll done with him or do you still think he could add something to an EPL team if used correctly?

I always wonder why Wenger didn't use him in his preferred position. Especially after seeing the Euro as you said. Ramsey is still growing, hopefully he'll have a better season. But I don't think Wenger will use Arshavin in the CAM. Not sure if he would consider rotating the options we have either. And if that's the case then he won't be able to contribute for the team really.

Still mad Bojan went to AC.
Roma will regret that move. But i can not wait to see Bojan play in CL

Had to laugh at City's draw :D

If I was a City fan I would be making plans right now to get to Madrid for the game though, The Bernabeu is a work of art such an amazing stadium, The first chance United play them I will be on that flight

Lol... just saw this... 

ibomXbdzemO3Eo.gif

Ooops.

Reina been making so many mistakes lately, I think this may be his last year at Liverpool

Looks like Van Der Vaart is leaving for Hamburg :smh:.

Modric, VDV, King all gone.. If we don't sign Moutinho or a suitable replacement.. This will definitely be our worst transfer window in years.

Last edited:
Modric, VDV, King all gone.. If we don't sign Moutinho or a suitable replacement.. This will definitely be our worst transfer window in years.

I gotta get Bale out of my FT asap. :smh:

Strange move the Van Der Vaart one, Why would you sell one more of your best players? :smh:

Moutinho deal fell through (for now)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ian-and-moutinho-before-window-closes?cc=5901

Villas-Boas wanted Shakhtar Donetsk star Willian and Sporting Lisbon's Joao Moutinho but so far Levy has refused to meet the their clubs' demands of £25 million each.

A Spurs source told ESPN there would be a beat-the-deadline effort to sign the players favoured by the new boss but the big two were "unlikely" to join, adding that "the asking prices are too high".

Back
Top Bottom