The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Glad to see the US doing work., qualifying should be a breeze for us.
Chile is giving Argentina problems early on. Both teams should be 1-1

Chile v Argentina game was good. A lot of action early on. Argentina finished things off when Messi and Higuain scored, although the extra time goal made things interesting at the end.

Mexico squandered so many chances which has been a common occurrence of late. Overall, the game was not too amusing but a just result.

U.S.A. game was nerve racking considering they gave that early goal. Dempsey looked good and the team played well overall.

Germany Sweden Highlights:

Sweden clearly came out with that hunger after Germany took their foot off the gas with the 4-0 lead.

Hmmm.
Public statement of the FA of Serbia

Official statement of our organisation on the matter of the incidents seen on the last night's match of the U21 teams of Serbia and England

In view of the incidents seen on the last night's second-leg match between U21 teams of Serbia and England (0:1) and within play-offs for the 2013 European U-21 Championship in Israel, Football Association of Serbia issues the following

PUBLIC STATEMENT

From the very moment of arrival of the England U-21 team in Serbia, the FA of Serbia and all relevant officials and authorities made their best efforts in order to organise their stay in the best possible way and preparation of extremely important match. With regards to that, we emphasise that organisation of all events related to the match went by in the best possible way and there had been absolutely not one problem until the last minute of the match.

During each and every minute of the match, until the mentioned last one, sports atmosphere full of respecting fair-play spirit was at the pitch and the stands, from warming up of both of the teams, through national anthems and applauses of all the present when the English anthem finished.

Unfortunately, after the fourth minute of the additional time and the victory goal scored by the guest team, unpleasant scenes were seen at the pitch. And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number 3, Danny Rose, behaved in inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Kruševac, and for that he was shown a red card. Unfortunately, it would turn out that was the moment the incident, that later developed, had started.

Ugly scenes were seen. Football Association of Serbia apologizes to the guests from England and the overall football community because of the unsportsmanlike behaviour of a part of the technical staff and players of the Serbian U-21 team. By this we inform the overall public that we will, as a matter of urgency, start an internal disciplinary procedure and punish the culprits after reviewing all the reports. It will be done whether a possibly disciplinary procedure by the responsible UEFA bodies will be started or not. Furthermore, we will not either accept the fact that our players and members of the technical staff were provoked by the gesture of the English player Rose, since violence has no place at sports events. To be honest, we expect the same investigation from the English FA.

FA of Serbia absolutely refuses and denies that there were any occurrences of racism before and during the match at the stadium in Kruševac. Making connection between the seen incident - a fight between members of the two teams - and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence.

In support of our statement, there are preliminary reports of the match officials at the match Serbia-England. None of them in any moment did mention racist situation and we expect that human and sports culture of our football friends from England will win over misinformation spread.

FA of Serbia congratulates the English U-21 team on both play-off victories and we wish them competition success in the European Championship in Israel.

Football Association of Serbia

SMH... fan-footage. WTF.

Neymar's goals are just filthy... :smh:

it's a little weird though that they allowed him to wear this in an official league match...

anyway,this pic from that match had me :wow: :pimp:

Who thinks Neymar can make it in Europe?
What league do you think he'll do best in?

I myself think that he can make it if he keeps playing the way he is. I personally think he'll fit in the Spanish or Italian league due to the fact that (besides ramires) no Brazilian usually makes it there. But who knows. I'd love to see Neymar grow into something bigger than Pele and Messi

im sorry i thought that picture i posted had to do with the serbia stuff, it actually has to do with an incident between millwall and bolton

Who thinks Neymar can make it in Europe?
What league do you think he'll do best in?
I myself think that he can make it if he keeps playing the way he is. I personally think he'll fit in the Spanish or Italian league due to the fact that (besides ramires) no Brazilian usually makes it there. But who knows. I'd love to see Neymar grow into something bigger than Pele and Messi

I'm sure he'll do well in Spain.

The next 2-3 years will be crucial for Neymar if he is to surpass Pele Messi and Ronaldo.

Neymar would do wonders for a big Italian club like Milan. With the current economic situation in Spain and with Barca looking for an extension on Messi's contract to 2016 or 2018 I can't remember the exact details, I don't think he'll be going to Barca, maybe to Brazil if they can get rid of Kaká or Ronaldo decides to leave to clear up some money for them to sign Neymar to a huge deal which is what I'm sure he'll be looking for and will most likely be receiving in the offers clubs give him.

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll do well in Spain anywhere.
The next 2-3 years will be crucial for Neymar if he is to surpass Pele Messi and Ronaldo.

Fixed. His talent will play anywhere. We need to stop pretending the Premiership is particularly hard to adapt to or play in for those with talent. Lightweight, technical players come up from Spain, and become the best players in the league. Not that you were saying all that, but you seemingly implied it. And the only reason there's this stigma that Brazilians don't excel in England is because essentially none of the Brazilian greats of the last 20 years played there. Gilberto, Ramires, and a couple others are or were very good, though.

And we're already speculating whether Neymar will be BIGGER than the likes of Pele and Messi!? Not just reach that level, but be even bigger? :smh:

I do think he has Balon D'Or type talent, but Pele and Messi are/will be in the highest echelon of all time football greats. There's no need to put that expectation level on him - though of course I'd love to see him get anywhere near it.

^Milan is in dire straits financially. No way they even make an offer. It's probably Barca or Madrid. Barca seems more likely considering they've been most strongly linked, and the rumors that negotiations with Madrid broke down.

Last edited:
Fixed. His talent will play anywhere. We need to stop pretending the Premiership is particularly hard to adapt to or play in for those with talent. Lightweight, technical players come up from Spain, and become the best players in the league. Not that you were saying all that, but you seemingly implied it. And the only reason there's this stigma that Brazilians don't excel in England is because essentially none of the Brazilian greats of the last 20 years played there. Gilberto, Ramires, and a couple others are or have been very good, though.
And we're already speculating whether Neymar will be BIGGER than the likes of Pele and Messi!? Not just reach that level, but be even bigger? :smh:
I do think he has Balon D'Or type talent, but Pele and Messi are/will be in the highest echelon of all time football greats. There's no need to put that expectation level on him - though of course I'd love to see him get anywhere near it.

The reason why I said he'll do well in Spain, is actually because of his style of play. I think his more "technical" style is appreciated more in Spanish clubs than British. Spain I think he'll go to, cause I don't see him at any where else in Europe but Madrid.

As for England, I could only really see him playing at a Chelsea. Maybe he would flourish there, who knows....but I know I will cringe every time I see Huth/Vidic/Scholes charging at him :lol:

I don't think we should even be bringing Neymar up in the Messi, Pele and Ronaldo convo, at least for the next 2-3 years.

He's a lot more than technical, though. He has extreme pace/agility, and is clinical, so he would help any club. Besides, pure 'English' style of punt and chase, 4-4-2 football is being phased out, and really only played by smaller clubs with limited talent and resources. Even United are playing a narrow midfield diamond these days. Any one of the top English clubs would 'appreciate' him enough.

He's better than Moura, so no doubt SAF wants him. Chelsea and City of course want him. He'd be perfect for AVB's system where wingers make runs in behind the defense. He's clinical and technical so obviously Liverpool would want him. Him not ending up in England won't be for a lack of offers.

I've said it before, but he gets worse challenges in Brazil, than he'll ever get overseas. The tackles will be cleaner in Europe, but timing him will still be difficult. And I tend to cringe whenever I see Scholes going in on anyone.

Back
Top Bottom