The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

LOL how many Beckham docs are there!?

I saw one years ago that showed him cooking dinner for Gary Neville and buying dinner at a chippy-shop! 
laugh.gif

I've been reading about it but I'm not going to get my hopes up....as we know how this will end. However the second I heard about Wenger putting in a 30m bid for a player the first one that came to mind is Gotze.

We bid something like 25m before during the the summer of 2011 (Cesc Nasri left) but he didnt want to move to England at the time so you know Wenger REALLY rates him.

He's incredibly talented player and I would be over the moon if we signed him. Then I'd hope he somehow would tap up Reus to join him over in North London over the summer. :evil:

It's unlikely. Believe it or not, Dortmund is NOT a selling club. They only let Kagawa go, because they got a replacement in Gotze, and Reus came in as well. There's also no way Jurgen is going to let two of his stars go, especially knowing that he's challenging for the title next season against Pep and an already star-studded cast. I would expect BVB to make some interesting low key purchases over this summer to strengthen the side.

As for Cavani, come on. 30m? That's it? I don't' see that as enough pull for him. If Moura went for 37m quid, I would expect the proven goal scoring record of Cavani to garner more than 30m. In 2012, Napoli rejected 45m quid, so 30 just seems a bit too low.

I've been reading about it but I'm not going to get my hopes up....as we know how this will end. However the second I heard about Wenger putting in a 30m bid for a player the first one that came to mind is Gotze.

We bid something like 25m before during the the summer of 2011 (Cesc Nasri left) but he didnt want to move to England at the time so you know Wenger REALLY rates him.

He's incredibly talented player and I would be over the moon if we signed him. Then I'd hope he somehow would tap up Reus to join him over in North London over the summer. :evil:

It's unlikely. Believe it or not, Dortmund is NOT a selling club. They only let Kagawa go, because they got a replacement in Gotze, and Reus came in as well. There's also no way Jurgen is going to let two of his stars go, especially knowing that he's challenging for the title next season against Pep and an already star-studded cast. I would expect BVB to make some interesting low key purchases over this summer to strengthen the side.

As for Cavani, come on. 30m? That's it? I don't' see that as enough pull for him. If Moura went for 37m quid, I would expect the proven goal scoring record of Cavani to garner more than 30m. In 2012, Napoli rejected 45m quid, so 30 just seems a bit too low.

No I'm not saying that 30m will get Gotze. Hes become an even better player than he was a couple years ago and they turned down a big offer from us then. I was saying he's the only player I could actually see Wenger bid that much for.

They'd be stupid to sell him in the middle of the season and weaken their team, especially as you said with Pep coming to Germany soon, but he's someone that ticks all the boxes for Arsene and someone who I could actually see Wenger willing to splash the cash out on.

Reus is a pipe dream too.... I'd freaking love him at the Emirates.

Dont mind me anyways, I'm just wishlisting, no way we spend 30m on a player :lol: Hell he likely put in a 30m bid for Messi just so he could say he went for that " player of super quality" that he talks about looking for to make the fans happy knowing it was northing ore than a token gesture. :lol: :smh:

*Edit*

Oh and this needs to be posted because Jack was F'ing amazing yesterday...

ibeBz2FSGlsUus.gif

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
A typical rant as only Ian Holloway knows how to....

Complaining about the way media is handling the ZAHA situation.

I think Pep goin to Bayern makes sense (their Style) and its a 3 yr contract which still opens the doors for him to replace SAF. My only hope is that Kaiserslautern FC get promoted back to the BUND LG so i can actually see Bayern, Dortmund, schalke, etc live. And like someone said, the atmosphere here (germany) is amazing during games.

Also i dont know who mentioned it, but Pep not choosing United has more to do with SAF not ready to step away then our "history/youth academy".. both of which are :smokin :smokin :smokin

It's arrogant to assume managing United was a factor in the decision. Highly doubt Pep's decision had anything to do with United, and everything to do with the caliber of club Bayern is.

Besides, Bayern's history/academy > United's. And the talent he has to work with is superior to any side in England. I'm eager to see how he evolves the side, as they do play possession football, but with a free flowing brand of attack that's heavily reliant on individual ability. Gomez and Robben don't seem to be his kind of players, but we'll see what happens.

Glad to see Pep prioritize footballing matters over money. I'm happy for the man.

Wilshere is class. AW needs to keep playing him higher up the pitch as a classic #10. Whenever he's mentioned I remember that Barca CL match where he showed out - was the only Arsenal player who could escape the first wave of pressure.

Last edited:
I think Pep goin to Bayern makes sense (their Style) and its a 3 yr contract which still opens the doors for him to replace SAF. My only hope is that Kaiserslautern FC get promoted back to the BUND LG so i can actually see Bayern, Dortmund, schalke, etc live. And like someone said, the atmosphere here (germany) is amazing during games.

Also i dont know who mentioned it, but Pep not choosing United has more to do with SAF not ready to step away then our "history/youth academy".. both of which are :smokin :smokin :smokin

That was me :lol:
The article already mentioned the bit about SAF. I said it more so in reference to Chelsea and City being that they had higher odds than ManU. Mourinho has been linked with replacing SAF more heavily. . If anything, Arsenal fits Pep's style(well vintage Arsenal) more than United :D

Last edited:
I don't believe Coquelin has been poor, as he hardly plays.

Yesterday and the Bradford game, he certainly shown that he needs more playing time. That shot he took :pimp:
Santi-Jack-Arteta, doesn't work. Santi out wide, Jack in the center, Arteta playing deep along a with a CDM is what we need to focus on. I still would like to see more of OX and Ramsey playing central. Podolski too

Bleacher Report rated Gibbs performance a 6.5, said he didn't get forward enough :lol:

Anyone gonna watch the MLS draft at 12?

Last edited:
He would have to take a super huge paycut to go back to AC doe.

Didnt mancini bid 35m for cavani like two weeks ago?

He would have to take a super huge paycut to go back to AC doe.

Didnt mancini bid 35m for cavani like two weeks ago?

Apparently Kaka has he's willing to make a sacrifice in order to return to Milan.

Not sure of Cavani though...I think I remember seeing a story quoting his father who said his son has dreamed of playing for Real Madrid...

Espn reporter showin no love for soccer smh. The top 10 plays came on espn messi's goal was 10 how he dribbled the ball halfway and scored and dude said "he took the ball....got it back again, and scored."sounded stupid. And puyols back header was #2 and says a dumb comment "nothing special". Idk why that pissed me off lol

I hate espn soccer commentary with a passion. Alexi Lalas and "MacDouble cheesburger" dont know crap. Especially when Arsenal play, bunch of haters. :lol:
But seriously, I hate them. 0] :stoneface:

You guys are not the only ones, that **** irks me as well. ESPN always says some stupid comment like that when footie is shown on sportscenter. They act like football and basketball are holier than thou

Why is there even a MLS Superdraft, **** looks wack

^ You guys are talking about espn...I visit their website but I stopped watching the network for the most part...They hire the biggest turds for "expert" analysis...

:rofl:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic set 12 ridiculous challenges by PSG fan for in-demand domain name

The news comes with Ibrahimovic rumoured to be looking to strengthen his marketing ties in France, having enjoyed huge fame following his superb form for the capital club.

But if the 31-year-old was thinking of purchasing the Zlatan.fr domain name to promote his brand he can think again after a rogue fan got in their first.

The anonymous individual bought the name shortly after Ibrahimovic completed his £20million move from AC Milan, and he has written an open letter to his hero on the website, explaining what Zlatan must do if he wants to get his hands on the address.

The fan is willing to hand over the registration details for free, as long as the Sweden star completes one of the 12 challenges that have been laid out. After comparing Ibra to Samson (because of his hair, not any love or hatred of lions – as far as we know), inviting him to sleep on his sofa, and asking to slap the worldwide star in the face, the fan simply signs off the letter with: ‘You can try as many as you like.’

All of them are ridiculous, though. Ranging from playing Zlatan at Fifa on the Playstation, to letting the hitman beat up the fan using taekwondo, and even donating a lock of his hair, the fan certainly has a pretty vivid imagination.

The full list is available below, and has attracted a whole host of comments from across the world – but unfortunately none from Zlatan himself…. yet.

The challenges:

1. Offer me a dedicated PSG jersey, with my name on it and the following quote: “After Zlatan, you really are the best !”

2. Stay at my place for a month. This way, all my life, I could say “Ibra? Sure, he used to sleep on my couch for a while.”

3. Offer me 3 lifetime season tickets, for two of my friends and I. Obviously, I’m talking about Official tribune tickets… don’t try to fool me with your crappy H Blue tribune tickets…

4. Win penalty kicks against me, at the Parc des Princes of course, so that you’re at home and have no excuse in case I win.

5. Beat me at taekwondo. I’ve heard you’re not too bad at it. As I’ve never practiced that sport myself, I recommend you to choose this challenge.

6. Give me one of your locks of hair as a gift. Samson’s strength came from his long hair. I think it works the same way with you. Then, I can make a key ring with it, which will bring me power for the rest of my life.

7. Beat me at FIFA13. You can choose the teams but, anyway trust me, there is no way you can make it.

8. Score a more-than-30-meter-backflip-goal in an official game. Just kidding… this is not realistic.

9. Let me slap you in the face, without saying a word… and in public obviously.

10. Offer a bare-chested dedicated photo of you to my girlfriend. Frankly, among all of those challenges, I have to confess it’s not my favorite. I’m getting fed up to see twinkles in her eyes when you take off your jersey at the end of a game.

11. Manage to have Neymar sign at PSG during the 2013 summer transfer market.

12. Simply ask me to let you have this domain name for free… but face to face and – as a tribute to Guillaume – in French obviously.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/04/zlata...by-psg-fan-for-in-demand-domain-name-3338375/

Every transfer window, Arsenal fans delude themselves into thinking Wenger will splash the cash on a big name. Santi Cazorla was the highest priced player ever purchased and from most accounts, he went for £16-20m. That's the highest price paid EVER. Edinson Cavani? Mario Gotze? >D :lol:

Not even really knocking Arsenal transfer policy. They're able to find great value. It's just ridiculous they get linked to all these names that clearly will go for much more than they've historically been willing to pay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom