The Uniform of a coach in baseball.... VOl BLOWS MY MIND

Baseball uniforms are probably the most "formal" of any sport. Pants, a belt, and a button up shirt. Why make the managers wear different formal attire if the uniforms are already "formal". Plus the managers/coaches are actually required to go onto the field of play, unlike any other sport. What would really look ridiculous is a guy in slacks, a suit and tie, and nice shoes walking onto a grassy/dirty field, or sitting around a bunch of guys spitting seeds/tobacco.

Last edited:

You been itching to use that one huh? Who uses bing? It's a good question if you aren't into a certain sport, hell idk even know the history behind it and I've been watching baseball my whole life. You can google, I mean bing half the stuff on this board. And :lol: at this thread being the top result. Your putting OP right back into his own thread :lol:

Last edited:
OK- I do not watch baseball, nor have I played ..EVER. So I was watching Sports Center and saw an old dude talking to an umpire... And I was like ..DAMN dude is old.. and my boy said "thats the coach"...

WTF????

WHY.. in Baseball does the coach wear a full blown uniform? Is he going to ******G bat next? I mean what other sport does the coach do this????
Coach Belichick wears that cutoff :rofl: and thats the closest thing to a uniform... I mean at least hes not in pads and a helmet..

You didnt see Pat Riley in nut huggers and a jersey did you???

I just need yall input on this ish-

You must 6 years old

Alot of ya need to turn in your new era on field fitteds in shame, im embarrassed for ya.

this, if your a male and over the age of 10 you shouldn't be allowed to wear a mlb on field hat if you don't know the name of the team on the hat your wearing.

connie%2520mack.jpg

The irony of the Bing thing is that its first result is this thread :lol:

Fail

I refuse to believe that in these times, a man in his mid 20s did not know that a baseball manager wore a uniform.

I dont care if someone doesnt like the sport, to go this long without knowing that is nearly impossible.

Why do some of you guys expect OP to know something like this if he states he doesn't watch baseball? I never understood why they wore full blown uniforms either, but I appreciate Couplet88 for the answer.
Some of you guys need to loosen up and stop pretending to know everything

The real issue here and the reason he's been received this way is because dude reeks of ignorance and corn, almost like he's proud of it. You don't get a pass for that.

Last edited:
-edit: took me too long to get the pictures, and Couplet88 beat me to the explanation

Baseball has an extremely long legacy of Player/Managers.
This is not so common now [hasn't been one in many years actually] but when you consider that baseball goes back as far as the civil war, and professional baseball goes back to the 1880's its easy to see why the sport began with a culture of Player/Manager. The rules of baseball require the manager to wear the uniform because, as someone stated above, the baseball manager is the only on field "coach" of the 4 major sports.

Now does that mean that it doesn't sometimes look ridiculous to have some fat old doddering grandpa in a uniform? Of course not. Someone like Charile Manuel does look silly

But if you tried to tell someone like Jim Leyland to put on a suit, he'd probably rip your nuts off

you gotta respect the tradition of baseball, even if it looks a little weird sometimes

In my opinion though, what really looks ridiculous is a guy in a $8,000 armani suit sitting on a folding chair with a bunch of sweaty basketball players

very good point

On a side note,

Dude really said that all a football coach does is chill on the sideline and call plays....

If chilling is what a football coach does, then there isn't a word in websters dictionary or urbandictionary to describe what a baseball manager does in a game sitting in a dugout :lol:

You don't have to know a ****ing thing about baseball to be aware of the fact that the managers wear uniforms as well. There's no way that someone who pays attention to sports doesn't know this at 26 years old. Trolling at its dumbest.

i think it's cool how old baseball is and all the traditions that have been kept despite how outdated some of them are. but damn baseball fans get so mad when any of them are questioned. lol

Ya one point to this that makes sense is that this is the only sport where the coach/manager actually goes on the field to make a change or do is job. Even third base coaches are on the field of play

And there is one Manager and every one else is a coach that works under him.

Back
Top Bottom