The Universe is really, really, really big. [PIC]

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
Never said it was.
laugh.gif
Our use of laughing smilies is cracking me up.
laugh.gif

Anyway, I wasn't trying to start any trouble or anything. To each his own.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Everytime I see it it's still awesome
alien.gif
I think I see what you did there with the emoticon...

There was a GIF a month or two ago, it was like 3-4 minutes.
laugh.gif
think I still have that gif. Thing never stopped. It kept going and going and when you thought it was over, it kept going some more
laugh.gif
Foreal. I'd be like,
eek.gif
this is cool and after a minute ortwo, I'd be "Alright, this is getting old
indifferent.gif
".
laugh.gif

the odds are still not in favor of there being intelligent lifeforms on other planets. if you take a biology class and/or study the Earth's historyyou'll see it took at least thousands of coincidences on very long odds that are just incomprehensible to get to this point.

man i love astronomy stuff like this is super interesting to me. I believe there are others out there its gotta be 10,000 more galaxies? and it all came fromthat tiny space sheesh its scary but amazing at the sametime

i think about this stuff all the time. The only thing crazier than the size relationship we have to our universe is time. Like if you snap your finger andcompare that the the life of the universe or think about your life time for that matter, compare that to the life of the universe, and we're pretty muchnothing. The meaning of life to me is seeing how many different lives can be had. Infinitely many.

Originally Posted by infamousod

the odds are still not in favor of there being intelligent lifeforms on other planets. if you take a biology class and/or study the Earth's history you'll see it took at least thousands of coincidences on very long odds that are just incomprehensible to get to this point.

But what if there is and was a God and he just snaps his fingers? Then it'd only take 1 event. Or maybe 2 if he wants to stretch out first. I'm justsaying.. that our knowledge of the Universe is very elementary at this point..

These type of pictures makes me wish Star Trek was real.

I would love to surf the universe in the enterprise...

Seeing stuff like this reminds me why I believe in God.

Seeing this reminds me why i DONT believe in god. There are just some things humans do not have knowledge about. Its just that simple. Example, lets say i wasto go back 500 years in time with a 747 airplane. Do you really think anyone could possibly Have the sense or knowledge to know what it actually it is.Theywould probably say its god. How could such a massive object be suspended iN Mid air? Or travel at such speeds? It seems everytime there is something we dontunderstand, its god.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Seeing this reminds me why i DONT believe in god. There are just some things humans do not have knowledge about. Its just that simple. Example, lets say i was to go back 500 years in time with a 747 airplane. Do you really think anyone could possibly Have the sense or knowledge to know what it actually it is.They would probably say its god. How could such a massive object be suspended iN Mid air? Or travel at such speeds? It seems everytime there is something we dont understand, its god.

So you think everything just popped up on its own? That's a heck of a lot to just pop up with no overseer or higher power.
laugh.gif
Its a lot out there.

I always found it amazing when people see this stuff, they rush to say "there must be other life forms out there", but when someone brings up Godcreating all of this "Na. How could He. You guys always use God for what you can't explain."
laugh.gif
There is no win.

another reason to believe the earth is really really really old, and not thousands of years old like stated in...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by infamousod

the odds are still not in favor of there being intelligent lifeforms on other planets. if you take a biology class and/or study the Earth's history
you'll see it took at least thousands of coincidences on very long odds that are just incomprehensible to get to this point.

But what if there is and was a God and he just snaps his fingers? Then it'd only take 1 event. Or maybe 2 if he wants to stretch out first. I'm just saying.. that our knowledge of the Universe is very elementary at this point..

that's a possibility. I was just pointing out the insanely long odds it took to create this planet, let alone have another planet conquering similar odds,all it would take is one thing in a string of millions to go wrong and there it goes. And on top of all that the odds that this planet will ever have contactwith another species from another planet is even longer and defendant on either faster than light travel or a self-contained civilization traveling forthousands/millions of years in the EXACT right direction to reach Earth.

Mathematically it's as near impossible as you can get. BTW those graphics of those faraway galaxies doesn't mention that most of those stars arealready dead since it took all those millions of years for that light to reach Earth.

No it didnt just POP up. It took 7 days remember
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Seeing this reminds me why i DONT believe in god. There are just some things humans do not have knowledge about. Its just that simple. Example, lets say i was to go back 500 years in time with a 747 airplane. Do you really think anyone could possibly Have the sense or knowledge to know what it actually it is.They would probably say its god. How could such a massive object be suspended iN Mid air? Or travel at such speeds? It seems everytime there is something we dont understand, its god.

So you think everything just popped up on its own? That's a heck of a lot to just pop up with no overseer or higher power.
laugh.gif
Its a lot out there.

I always found it amazing when people see this stuff, they rush to say "there must be other life forms out there", but when someone brings up God creating all of this "Na. How could He. You guys always use God for what you can't explain."
laugh.gif
There is no win.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

It honestly depresses me when I think about the fact that I probably won't live long enough to see/encounter life from elsewhere in the universe.

$%$+ sucks.
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom