The UTAH JAZZ Support Group thread: Majorly updated.

Utah really messed up by not moving either Milsap or Jefferson IMO.

Really curious to see how Utah's frontcourt will develop with more PT though.

14 and 21 packaged to move up to 9 for Trey Burke.

I would have rather seen them keep both picks and take Schroeder (who ended up going 17th) and a big (Gobert, Mitchell, maybe Dieng), but no real complaints about this.

Where they officially stand at this second:

Burke
Burks
Hayward/Williams
Favors/Evans
Kanter

46th pick to go. Free agency starts Monday.

Last edited:
I would have rather seen them keep both picks and take Schroeder (who ended up going 17th) and a big (Gobert, Mitchell, maybe Dieng), but no real complaints about this.
And they trade up to take Gobert. :pimp:

46 and cash for 27.

Burke
Burks
Hayward/Williams
Favors/Evans
Kanter/Gobert

I really hope they don't intend on stashing him.

Last edited:
Late trade: 2015 second-round pick for the rights to Raul Neto, who was drafted tonight.

Checked him out when he got picked by the Hawks and loved what I saw. And here we are. :smokin

Burke/Neto
Burks
Hayward/Williams
Favors/Evans
Kanter/Gobert

Personally couldn't be much happier with how this night turned out for them. Really have no clue if Gobert and/or Neto will come over right away, though.

Hope they bring back Millsap and Carroll, and add a veteran point guard and wing (not Williams, Foye, Watson, or Tinsley).

Last edited:
all that caproom and young talent.

if they keep millsap, they should still be able to sign another near max/very solid player? guessing the cap should be around ~60 million

I don't think they could have had a better draft. Really happy with what Lindsey did. KOC would have ****** this up. I need a Burke jersey as soon as it becomes available

Burke
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

I just want this lineup getting the most minutes next season and I'll be thrilled.

Find out if Burks will be of value, get Kanter and Favors with 30 minutes a night, and give the reins to Burke.

And Hayward gonna Hayward.

They are going to HAVE to spend money, though.

Kanter/Gobert
Favors/Evans
Hayward/Williams
Burks
Burke

That's under $30 million for the upcoming season. The minimum team cap will be something like $50 million.

Kind of an unfortunate circumstance, really. They'll have to walk a fine line of not trying to do to much yet, all while getting to that threshold.

Last edited:
Since they got their point guard for the future in Burke, maybe they turn their attention towards defensive players. But they still may need to sign Jefferson for his offense.

Kev, may we steal this idea and also open an Orlando Magic support group thread? They got some kids on that roster that excite as well, and a bright future, plus I like to think of them as a farm system for my team, so, ya know, I'm bein selfish a lil bit. :lol:

Are there any Magic fans on this board like Verdykt is a Jazz fan?

There's a couple.

Being from central Florida they're my "second" team or at least the team I inadvertently follow.

Since they got their point guard for the future in Burke, maybe they turn their attention towards defensive players. But they still may need to sign Jefferson for his offense.

This. i think its a mistake to let him walk. kanter isnt ready. Hayward can defend the wing pretty well, but we need another guy that can defend the perimiter too

For me:

Bring back Millsap at ~$11 million per (three years)
Bring back Carroll at ~$3 million per (two or three years)
Sign a veteran point guard at ~$4 million per (one or two years)
Sign a veteran wing at ~$3 million per (one year)

Right around $50 million after that.

Kanter/Gobert
Millsap/Favors/Evans
Hayward/Carroll/Williams
Veteran free agent/Burks
Burke/Veteran free agent

Still haven't sorted out who I would like those two free agents to be, but what does that get you, hypothetically? 30-35 wins?

CP, go for it. They're going to hate us even more with all these "second team" threads. :lol:

Man, the NBA thread is so cluttered it's depressing. So I figure it's easier to branch out into areas they won't go and talk quietly that way. :lol:

I'm a jerk, I know. But I like actually reading people that know what they are talking about talk on teams/players, not people that only post pics and gifs and can't name 2 players on the Pacers to save their life. :smh:

i'm rooting for the magic while my dude harkless is there.

hope kanter gets some serious burn this year. would like to see how good he could be.

No way they bring back Williams (and start him over Burke), right?

He stunted some growth of their young talent enough in half a season. Go away.

Last edited:
One good thing about being so far under the cap, is that they can trade for a point guard.

May I interest the Jazz in one Steve Blake? One year left worth $4 million. He's serviceable enough.

That is true. They could essentially just buy guys from teams, huh?

I don't really know if the Nuggets could use the flexibility enough for it to make sense, but I would love to see Andre Miller in Utah if they decided to go that route.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much.

That's one reason why they kept Jefferson and Millsap. They weren't going to give up the flexibility they had waiting for them unless it was for a key piece (I don't think the Millsap for Bledsoe deal was close). Targeting teams that are over or pushing against the luxury tax wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Last edited:
I hear Chris Copeland from the Knicks is a target. I really wish Marvin would leave.

Haha a lot of my friends out here love Carroll on the court, but hate him for trying to resell sneakers at rape prices.

Back
Top Bottom