the Vans thread...

I think this is my first pair of Vans. Since the Covid I've been training on cement (garage / park) and I literally have holes under my training shoes (4th pair I've gone through). This is not your standard kickboxing footwear but I needed something solid so I figure what better then a skate shoe. I like the look too for 50$ can't go wrong . Let's see how they hold up.

20210302_204459.jpg

20210302_204426.jpg

20210302_204042.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am in no way familiar with shape details of Vans. I have a few pairs of Authentic OG LX Vans Vault. Recently I picked up a black pair and the sole is narrower than my other pairs (Dress blue and Asphalt) which is really annoying to me. Can someone explain why Vans changed the sole? And, how would one know about it before buying it online?
Thanks a lot.

Hey guys, I am in no way familiar with shape details of Vans. I have a few pairs of Authentic OG LX Vans Vault. Recently I picked up a black pair and the sole is narrower than my other pairs (Dress blue and Asphalt) which is really annoying to me. Can someone explain why Vans changed the sole? And, how would one know about it before buying it online?
Thanks a lot.

With regard to your last question, "Anaheim Factory" pairs will have the taller, glossier midsoles that it sounds like you're looking for.

With regard to your last question, "Anaheim Factory" pairs will have the taller, glossier midsoles that it sounds like you're looking for.
Thanks for your reply, but Anaheim factories are not Vault. And, I have Vault authentics that I bought last year and they have nice regular outsole., this new ones look like Era outsoles.

Thanks a lot.

I did find the pair I bought two weeks ago narrow was about to return them but gave them a couple sessions see if they would stretch. I'm glad I did they fit just right now. They're heavier then your average sneaker but you get used to it. These my go to training shoes moving forward. So much so I picked up a second pair for when these run down. I repeat, you can't go wrong these at 50$ (CAD)

20210316_184334.jpg

Last edited:
after copping a couple pairs i gotta say old skools my least favorite “vans classics” model on feet.

era > halfcab > authentic > skate high > old skool

I must say that the quality on these is amazing! I know that I am not going to rock them with the cowhide laces, but I am wondering if I should rock them with the caramel color laces or the cream ones.

20210408_145800.jpg
20210408_150007.jpg
20210408_150034.jpg
20210408_150118.jpg
20210408_150434.jpg
20210408_150314.jpg
20210408_150846.jpg
20210408_150913.jpg
20210408_151309.jpg
20210408_151333.jpg

Yea those are nice but what's keeping you from the raws?

Yea those are nice but what's keeping you from the raws?
Well, there are a pain to get through the eyelets for one (I tried to lace them up to take a picture of them laced with them and got irked by the 2nd eyelet because it was not easy to get the cowhide to go through). Also, I just like them with some flat laces instead.

Cream imo. So mad I missed that drop. Haven't seen a 9.5 on the market yet either. Price is dropping though so I'm happy.
I agree with you on the cream laces. Yeah, it seems that very few sizes are available for resell at the moment. I wonder how many of these were made (since I believe only Bodega had them available).

I agree with you on the cream laces. Yeah, it seems that very few sizes are available for resell at the moment. I wonder how many of these were made (since I believe only Bodega had them available).
9.5 finally sitting on stockX but that 205 + SX fees would bring them to like 250 which I can't do on a pair of vans. Gonna wait and see how these do down the line.

I love this for an everyday work shoe. It's somewhat plain but it has just enough pop that shows some flair. Not 200+ tho

250 for vans though???
Last time I faced the sticker shock was on em fog collabs. Man! I still want those. all of em!

Well, there are a pain to get through the eyelets for one (I tried to lace them up to take a picture of them laced with them and got irked by the 2nd eyelet because it was not easy to get the cowhide to go through). Also, I just like them with some flat laces instead.

Yeah this is normal for the shape of rawhide laces..but they add a certain texture of uniqueness as a whole.

I do believe rawhide is the best out of the 3
20210410_140019.jpg
Agree on that..i have more than enough cream/marshmellow laces on black vans as it is :tongue:

I'm still wondering if any vans experts can help me identify this pair and it's crazy box. I locked them up on ebay a few years ago because I thought they were dope for $90 bucks. The artwork is crazy nice.

Attachments

• PXL_20201204_071023810.jpg
    PXL_20201204_071023810.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20201204_071000550.jpg
    PXL_20201204_071000550.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 287
I'm still wondering if any vans experts can help me identify this pair and it's crazy box. I locked them up on ebay a few years ago because I thought they were dope for $90 bucks. The artwork is crazy nice.

Part of the Vans Vault x Disney artist series...That was the Geoff McFetridge pair...Box was probably an ISO / F&F store display or something along those lines...

Not an expert, but can Google. They’re Geoff McFetrige’s. No clue why that box has Taka Hayashi’s name on the box either. Are there other names on it? Purely guessing, they put or used the same box for the 4 Disney/SK8 Hi’s they released during that period since the inside appears to have the print from each of the 4 pairs they did (just saw a glimpse of a YT video with the 4 pairs prints that line that box).

Again, just speculating. I do vaguely recall the release, but wasn’t overly interested back then. Of course, like with a lot of shoes, you seem the years later and garner an interest when they’re not ubiquitous...

DSM Vaults if anybody is interested...

Back
Top Bottom