The Walking Dead - Official Thread

It's come to the point I hope this shows goes the way of Heroes. I hope there's a sharp decline in ratings to make them realize they can't bull **** us through seasons anymore. Get some better writers or else.

Okay, why couldn't the writers figure a way to get that in the show. Obviously they're not gonna show it but they could have alluded to it. For instance the scene with Maggie would of been the perfect way have her strip and end the scene with her screams and some struggle in the room from a view of the shut door or room next to Glenn's . If you can show zombie lil kids brains getting blown out and heads get crushed like watermelons why can't u get away with that ?

I remember David Simon, who made The Wire, talked about how, with all the killings and violence and intimidation some of his characters did, the line stopped at rape. Because in real life, these drug dealers raping women was just a common thing, but that was unacceptable for the audience. They could look past anything else these guys did...the violence...the intimidation, the killings...all those killings, whatever. But rape? That would make any character a complete, irredeemable monster in their eyes. So they cut out almost all of the instances of rape.

I mean, if someone as socially intelligent as David Simon, doesn't know how to deal with that, than not a damn person on TWD would. Because that is the line, for the public. Where your show stops being about whatever you intended it to be, and solely becomes about this. And if that person doesn't get brought to justice immediately, and if that victim doesn't get carried off to safety ASAP, then you're hardening your audience against your show.

And honestly, I'd be mortified to see how these writers would **** up dealing with someone getting raped.

Last edited:
True enough. Now that I think about it there hasn't been a lot of rapist in films or tv as a main character. But like homie above me said its nothing that really makes me hate the gov honestly . Hell if I was stuck in that universe ill be on wall duty at Woodbury with a smile on my face no questions asked.

True enough. Now that I think about it there hasn't been a lot of rapist in films or tv as a main character. But like homie above me said its nothing that really makes me hate the gov honestly . Hell if I was stuck in that universe ill be on wall duty at Woodbury with a smile on my face no questions asked.

So what heinous acts does the gov do in the comics that they can't show on Amc? U can pm me if it may rustle a few jimmies . I'm trying to hold off on the books till around may

There might be a spoiler in this for the show as well. The season isn't over yet but they still might include this before its all said and done so consider yourself warned

When we first meet the Governor in the comics, he captures Rick, Michonne and Glen. He tortures and rapes Michonne, tortures Glenn and chops Rick's hand off. Rick is left without a hand the rest of the story arch and series. The Governor is also known for chopping off the limbs of his enemies and feeding it to his zombie daughter. So pretty much after the very first meeting between the group and the Governor, the comic makes it clear that this is a sick, twisted person.

Regarding the rape stuff: AMC is not in a position to even hint at it. Imagine the outcry from the audience. Like someone else mentioned, rape is one of those things you don't touch on TV. And to be honest, the rape in the comics were enough to mess me up mentally for a good minute too so I wouldn't want to see it represented on the screen either. The reason I said HBO or Showtime or any of these other premium channels would be a better fit for this show is because they could get away with hinting at the rape, not necessarily show it. They've done it in other shows (Sopranos, Oz, Spartacus, Girls, etc) so they could pull it off in a way that stays true to establishing the Governor as a sick, twisted villain that you hate from the bottom of your heart.

Understandable , so I guess tv has an unwritten rule that once a character rapes , is a pedophile, or a kid killer that they are done and the show becomes less about the story and more about crime. Don't want to derail this thread too much but I wanted to know what we as viewers of the show were supposed to hate the gov it's as they think every viewer reads the novels and if that were the case they are doing a below average of translating it to television.

Seeing how big a deal rape appears to be (has anyone actually tried it on a tv show and just move on after the resolution like it was just part of the story? :nerd:) instead of rape they should've made The Governor a cannibal. A sick twisted regular human that eats parts of his enemies limbs for fun.

Just ftr the rape in the comic wasn't all that graphic but translating any of it to tv would be too hard.

Last edited:
Seeing how big a deal rape appears to be (has anyone actually tried it on a tv show and just move on after the resolution like it was just part of the story? :nerd:) instead of rape they should've made The Governor a cannibal. A sick twisted regular human that eats parts of his enemies limbs for fun.

Just ftr the rape in the comic wasn't all that graphic but translating any of it to tv would be too hard.

The Sopranos Season 3 episode 4 "Employee of the Month".

Tony's therapist gets raped.

This episode was a waste of time. I want my 44 mins back. :smh:

The whole scene with Andrea running from the Gov was dragged out way to long. **** was boring as hell.

I was cool with last weeks episode not having that much action cuz the meeting with the gov and Rick was good but this episode was by far the worst episode of the series.

Last edited:
It was obvious the governor was not going to die...there r still a couple more episodes left in the season... alos, did you really think andrea would make it to the prison so easily?

Did these writers really run out of material to prolong the storyline for this season? 

In SOA Gemma was raped. Pretty graphically too.

Seeing how big a deal rape appears to be (has anyone actually tried it on a tv show and just move on after the resolution like it was just part of the story?
nerd.gif
) instead of rape they should've made The Governor a cannibal. A sick twisted regular human that eats parts of his enemies limbs for fun.

In SOA Gemma was raped. Pretty graphically too.
FX doesn't give a damb though.

Last edited:
All the people complaining now will be in here posting
pimp.gif
's for the last 2 episodes

Anybody else see the gynecologist tool in The Governor's torture stash?
sick.gif
mean.gif
 Maan I saw this. This is more than enough hinting at rape. I need a link to dload the comics from 100 up if anyone can help me. Thanks in advance

I can think of a popular show that pulled off a rape scene.:nerd:

EDIT: Oh, never mind. Someone already mentioned SOA.:lol:

That's the kind of evil that the govorner NEEDS to be. I doubt they go there, but I wish they would.

Last edited:
Who got raped in soa? I hope a zombie ends up raping her. Hahaahba. Half human half zombie ftw. That'll add a twist to the story

What would u guys think if everyone dies and then they can flash back how the walker virus came about?

This show is dragging

Yet we still watch

I remember that. Not quite what I was thinking but it does fit. Of course the way the Governor does it isn't the way it went down in that ep.

I stopped watching SOA a while ago so I wouldn't know. I'm assuming the rapist got took out eventually in most of these. The Governor is a villain for the entire season so he'd have to stick around til the end.

Last edited:
Episode would have been 10 times better if Andrea would have died and they Govenor would have kept her like he kept Penny. Zombie yambz.

Back
Top Bottom