The Walking Dead - Official Thread

The slow build is fine.

This episode was just a whole lot of nothing though. Like nothing. Anytime you have a 5 minute commercial break after 4 minutes of the actual show, things are on pure struggle mode.

They way they made it a point tell any of the family when asked "what's going on, what happened, what's wrong?"....no answer. Like come on, be real

That question was asked like 5 times, at least, and nobody had an answer.

I thought the scene in the Highschool was cool for the most part, but I hated how she let the principal walk right up on her and grab her. Then the kid on the ground, once she knocked the dude off of the kid, like he just laid there like, please climb back on top of me Mr. Zombie.

My girl kept saying the same thing...

IMO they don't say anything because what they are seeing is far fetched, they can't comprehend it. They don't know how to convey what they saw, you can tell in the scene with Matt when's they are telling Alicia she has to leave him behind.

They don't have TWD as a point of reference.

They don't know what is going on, they just know ***** about to fall apart.

Movies and common sense exist though.

In that world, zombie movies never existed? None of them, from Night Of The Living Dead on? I see someone eating someone. I'm running. I see someone not acting normal with blood on them. I'm not going to keep trying to talk and rationalize with them like they're sleep walking. If I talk louder, they'll snap out of it.

Last edited:
I think since TWD started 2 months afters the initial outbreak, I feel like this series should only take us up to that 2 month period. There really is no point for them to carry this series past that as it will essentially mirror TWD. They'll for the most part, albeit at a different location, face the same type of situations; bad people, hoards, search for resources, etc. There's really no reason to have to shows with the exact same premise. This should be a prequel miniseries with a short run. imo.

Some of Yall just suck at watching TV. It's the logic going on in here might as well say "there's no such thing as zombies. This show shouldn't exist". :smh:

Like females forced to watch football :smh:

^^ the governor didn't show up until season 3. We're only two episodes in. I'll give you Merle cause he showed up in the second episode but that's it until season 3

In that world, zombie movies never existed? None of them, from Night Of The Living Dead on? I see someone eating someone. I'm running. I see someone not acting normal with blood on them. I'm not going to keep trying to talk and rationalize with them like they're sleep walking. If I talk louder, they'll snap out of it.

Find someone that is close to you that is not a fan of TWD, and the only knowledge of zombies they have is Halloween.

They will not take you serious, they will not frantically run into survival mode. They'll think you're crazy.

Hypothetical scenario: You walk out, you see someone get hit by a car. They lay motionless (dead), then they get up... bloody and groggy. You're first instinct is to run? 95% of people will try to figure out what is wrong with that person.

It's ok, I watch the show with a person like you guys: :lol:

One of her other nuggets, when they found the Principal:

"Why aren't they running?"
"Why don't they stab him in the head?"

I think the downfall of the show will be that it's not the TWD, and people want it to be TWD.

Last edited:
Find someone that is close to you that is not a fan of TWD, and the only knowledge of zombies they have is Halloween.

They will not take you serious, they will not frantically run into survival mode. They'll think you're crazy.

Hypothetical scenario: You walk out, you see someone get hit by a car. They lay motionless (dead), then they get up... bloody and groggy. You're first instinct is to run? 95% of people will try to figure out what is wrong with that person.

I think the downfall of the show will be that it's not the TWD, and people want it to be TWD.
bingo your last sentence is spot on

I do not want to see TWD: West Coast Edition.

I almost didnt watch FTWD once I found out it wasnt about the aftermath and rebuilding.

this show is doing a decent job of showing how gov't infrastructure seemed to know something was happening

that cop that was stocking up on water instead of being a cop

the procedure at the hospital

i thnk theyre going to show all the "vips (politicians, celebs etc)" be a step ahead of the outbreak

i think you guys are selling this show short, theres a lot they could do with this show

this show is doing a decent job of showing how gov't infrastructure seemed to know something was happening

i thnk theyre going to show all the "vips (politicians, celebs etc)" be a step ahead of the outbreak

i think you guys are selling this show short, theres a lot they could do with this show

I also thought it was VERY interesting with today's climate, how everyone was yellin at the cops for shooting unarmed people, not realizing what was really happening. People flat out not understanding something like that could take place.

I was actually hoping that body in the street would get up and that would sort of open the eyes of a lot of the people.

remember in the walking dead when rick was in the hospital and the soldiers killed everyone in the hospital?

you say todays climate plays into it (the people protesting on the spot over police killing what they think is an innocent person)

so what happens when they start killing everyone?

will we see the gov't be ultimately responsible for not handling the outbreak properly and killing people en masse?

The story is playing out nicely. From the protesting and rioting to the main characters in denial and not wanting to leave their old lives behind. This is pretty realistic.

In both TWD and FTWD no one knows what a zombie is. There are no movies or references to prepare people. To them this is an entirely new concept and that's why they can't really explain what is happening.

I think the downfall of the show will be that we are being shown events leading UP TO the zombie apocalypse which means a lot more focus will be directed at the characters. And in my opinion the characters are exremely weak, (poorly written and acted)

If you're gonna focus on characters, I'm gonna need breaking bad type performances, not walker texas ranger.

I sure do agree with that last sentence. There is a hell of a lot they could do with this show......but they won't.

Sucks that there's no alpha male character in this show like a Merle or Governor
I sort of agree here. I could easily see a Shane or Rick getting his friends and family by, in a world ending situation

It will be interesting to see how the show builds up the current cast in terms of being able to survive in a crisis

Yeah the cops know what's up. Shot that hipster walker chick in the head without hesitation

For those that are wondering or care (excuse me if it's already been brought up), Beth (Emily Kinney) just showed up on Masters of Sex on Showtime :lol: :pimp: Seems like she's on the come up since leaving TWD cuz she about to be on the next season of The Knick too.

I await her nude scene where she gets banged out

^
That's like the best news I've ever heard. She'll be on 2 great shows better than the declining twd.

I remember someone posting her career was done after this show and she'd disappear from Hollywood. Such a garbage opinion.

That's the main reason I posted.

I wasn't that hopeful for her future either. Thought she'd go full time with the music. Had no idea she'd even get a chance to be on shows like that after being on TWD.

The important thing is that she's not on The Walking Dead anymore. Her character was ***. Dying was literally the best thing she ever did.

Back
Top Bottom