The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The review was just so childish. He didn't really critique the music he took pot-shots at Abel. Like you have to be high to like this. The weeknd is unitentionally hilarious. He thinks the world revolves around him. That is so off base and sounds so bitter. Like say you don't do what he sings about so you don't relate. Critique the sounds, melodies, harmony....I'm cool with that...by why take shots.

I think you're being a prisoner of nostalgia if you think that the vocals on KL aren't on par with his previous work.

The majority of my man's fan base is already imprisoned by nostalgia of something from just two years ago. Nothing is a surprise.

i find myself listening to a new track HEAVY everyday... today it was wanderlust (regular version). that MJ vibe is strong on there :smokin

How are y'all not feeling tears in the rain?

"SHE HAS NO RECOLLECTION OF THE LIFE SHE HAD WITHOUT ME SHE LET IT SLEPT AWAY AWAAY AWAAAAAY" :pimp:

"SHE HAS NO RECOLLECTION OF THE LIFE SHE HAD WITHOUT ME SHE LET IT SLEPT AWAY AWAAY AWAAAAAY"
pimp.gif
The reverb effect the second half of the song 
sick.gif

I got faith that the appreciation will come. Pretty -> Tears in the Rain ended off the album beautifully. 

"SHE HAS NO RECOLLECTION OF THE LIFE SHE HAD WITHOUT ME SHE LET IT SLEPT AWAY AWAAY AWAAAAAY" :pimp:

This man was in the background talking about how no one is going to love him. :smh: :frown:

You'll come to appreciate it. Just give it time. I especially know that it'll hit you at some point Henz.

Chill, I rock with Henz :lol:

I'm saying that the beauty of it will hit him at some point when he notices that this may very well be the most emotional song Abel has released to date.

That's the same website that praised Yeezus so...

:lol:

As did every other major review site on the planet, I guess we can just discredit them all too then right?

Tired of whenever some reviewer slanders an album someone enjoys the, "they don't know anything about music," card gets played. I'm pretty sure their knowledge on music is pretty good considering they do it for a living.

Anyways,

Seeing the guy live tomorrow for the first time. Really hoping he does more HoB tracks than Kiss Land but I doubt it's going to happen. Should still be a good show though; hopefully it makes me enjoy KL a little more than I do now.

Last edited:
Music reviews are so pointless if you're going to judge it and score it. I don't care if someone reviews music for a living. By the same token it's pointless to slander someone's opinion of it just because you like the music and he doesn't. I don't get why we should care about what a critic has to say about this or any album

For some reason, I wish dude would go back and remaster Love Through Her. Song is pretty good IMO

Last edited:
Yo seriously. I hate going to shows where EVERYBODY is singing along and you can't hear the artist him/herself. This ain't no got damn karaoke bar

Man kissland is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than yeezus...yeezus cd isn't even better than cheif keef ****

Pretty :pimp: :pimp:

That's the same website that praised Yeezus so...

:lol:

As did every other major review site on the planet, I guess we can just discredit them all too then right?

Tired of whenever some reviewer slanders an album someone enjoys the, "they don't know anything about music," card gets played. I'm pretty sure their knowledge on music is pretty good considering they do it for a living.

Not eem tryna derail this thread but those reviews don't mean ****. People will eat up anything Ye puts out and that album is proof. Miss me with that.

Last edited:
Music is the most subjective form of entertainment known to man. It is literally worthless for these sites to voice their opinion on the music as if it's fact.

Just listen to the music yourself, decide what you like about it, and go from there. That's really all there is to it. Have no idea why music critics are even still in business. Are people really that simple that they have to rely on others to make opinions for them?

Back
Top Bottom