The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What's with all the KissLand slander? That album was a masterpiece.
dude went on to sell out arenas, headline music festivals after kissland dropped. 

its not all because of "earned it" or "love me harder" ...last i checked he wasnt performing at top 40 festivals like wango tango ( smh at Kanye) 

to say it was a disappointment is blasphemous 

Kissland is a CLASSIC 

It's a shame it seems as if he doesn't appreciate his own body of work. Almost as if to say the lack of critical acclaim warrants him deviating from the sound that we all supported from the beginning. This guy went from never wanting to show his face to wanting to be the biggest in the world. There's nothing wrong with progression, and if that's what homie wants to do then so be it, but it just seems as if he's somewhat turning his back on those that have been there since day one for the limelight.

I just read the NYT article for the first time, so needless to say I'm a bit disappointed. Take my words with a grain of salt.

:smh: @ the Kissland slander.. Its the best thing he's dropped lyrically.. And my 2nd favorite out of everything (Slightly behind Thursday)

Kissland was a very cohesive album and lyrically it was some of his best work too.

The production of KL grew on me. I know a lot of folks weren't feeling the move away from Doc and Ill but Danny Boy and Q did The Weeknd justice on KL. It took me a while to click with it for sure

Each track outside of a few had such dark tones to it. The lead ins were 
sick.gif
 I loved the drawn out lead ins. Even Love in the Sky had a darker vibe despite the lyrics.. very powerful production all around

Last edited:
KL, lyrically, was his best work. From everything we heard so far, not really sure what to expect from this upcoming album. None of the songs compares to anything on KL, really. So far. Belong To The World I much prefer over ICFMF. I understand dude is pivoting more to the center, but I'm not really a fan of In The Night, either. Prisoner gives me hope, though..

KL was/is the culmination of Trilogy. Trilogy is a masterpiece. Therefore, KL is a masterpiece.

As mentioned, lyrically, KL is better than anything he's done.

**** it, I'm not saying anything y'all ain't said already. KL is the goods.

Last edited:
Often
King of the Fall
Earned It
The Hills
Can't Feel My Face
And countless features which are all dope.
Ah I feel you, I agree all them tracks are crazy outside of ICFMF (just cant get with it)

All his features are always crack

I will never judge anyone else's musical taste at all, but if you're going to call KL a misstep and not great, I genuinely wonder how you can consider Earned It and ICFMF as that much greater than KL

idk it just doesn't connect with me

so most of us already heard 5 tracks from the new album?

Often
In the Night
Girls Born in the 90s
The Hills
Cant Feel My Face

so most of us already heard 5 tracks from the new album?

Often
In the Night
Girls Born in the 90s
The Hills
Cant Feel My Face
6 if you include the Shameless/Prisoner track (although we haven't heard the entire track)

Rap Genius speculates that King of the Fall is also on the album

There are 14 tracks, so we potentially have heard half the album to this point

Often, In the Night, 90's, Hills, ICFMF, Shamless, King of the Fall

Last edited:
For the love of God please don't waste more space on this album with kotf :lol:

Often being on there is more than enough.

Ah I feel you, I agree all them tracks are crazy outside of ICFMF (just cant get with it)

All his features are always crack

I will never judge anyone else's musical taste at all, but if you're going to call KL a misstep and not great, I genuinely wonder how you can consider Earned It and ICFMF as that much greater than KL

idk it just doesn't connect with me

I loved ICFMF immediately upon hearing it. Track isn't the typical "Weeknd sound" but it's groovy as hell. I'm in the minority that likes the direction Abel is heading musically.
Earned It, on the other hand, took a few listens but it grew on me. Song sounds better w/ a chick around.

Nah I'm holding off on all the music that's released until the 28th. I hit the mute button when it came on the Lolla stream last night.

And fam stop speaking that evil into existence! :lol:

Last edited:
I loved ICFMF immediately upon hearing it. Track isn't the typical "Weeknd sound" but it's groovy as hell. I'm in the minority that likes the direction Abel is heading musically.
Earned It, on the other hand, took a few listens but it grew on me. Song sounds better w/ a chick around.
I don't rock with Earned It at all but I feel ppretty much the same way about ICFMF.

Someone say kissland slander :nerd:

Even Abel know that **** [emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji]

Ok kidding but seriously it's not that great

Sometimes I'm convinced I'm not listening to the same track as you guys.

You all don't like Wanderlust, but love KOTF :lol:
You all SWEAR by Tears in the Rain, I swear it's worse than Live for :lol:

NTXO, gotta love you all :smh: :lol:

Sometimes I'm convinced I'm not listening to the same track as you guys.

You all don't like Wanderlust, but love KOTF
laugh.gif

You all SWEAR by Tears in the Rain, I swear it's worse than Live for
laugh.gif

NTXO, gotta love you all
mean.gif
laugh.gif
I feel the same way when folks say I Can't Feel my Face is so groovy

Same folks say Wanderlaust isn't good

idk idk idk

What you're comparing here, those tracks aren't in the same vein

Everyone has their taste though I get that

KOTF is one of the only Weeknd tracks I really don't enjoy much.

Back
Top Bottom