The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Def not a fan of False Alarm at all. If this is somewhat the direction this album is headed then i'll lower my expectations

His music is no longer for the savages. It's for the happy glow stick party folks.

No more songs for me to play while a freak gives me the sloppy.

Guys, have faith. Remember when He released You Belong To the World.

Everyone thought the same thing about it as with False Alarm.

He is going to deliver. Mark my words.

I'm ABELiever.

no comparison fam, it was just received the same way as false alarm was.

Last edited:
At the same time, he was in a much different time in his life, plus didn't the title track Kiss Land drop shortly after? Knew it was a wrap when I heard that song

Expectations for me are at an all time low, no use in getting disappointed when the album drops. If it contains a few keepers I'll be happy

Last edited:
His music is no longer for the savages. It's for the happy glow stick party folks.

No more songs for me to play while a freak gives me the sloppy.

this. so much this. dude went all the way left. I think this album is gonna be buns.

False Alarm was digital garbage.

And...uhmm...son is dancing now too? got those white boy every-other-beat dance moves. Fame dun changed him.

But the MJ in this video
smokin.gif
Yo this pic gave me the idea to make a quick mini playlist 
smokin.gif

You guys do realize he's not singing about anything PG in False Alarm lmao y'all need to chill. Still talking bout snorting coke and ******* women, it's just with a different style. It's a good track with a ****** chorus, just put it like that. It's not Disney ish lmao

Abel's HOB was influenced by like Siouxsie and the Banshees but when he starts making songs with a similar sound or tries out punk rock y'all start hating like crazy smh let the man experiment 

The consensus has always been that the lyrics in the verses were on par with what we're accustomed to. The chorus just... Sucks I guess. Hence the reason why I've been asking for someone to edit it out since Thursday. :lol:

Nothing wrong with him experimenting. But we have the right, as long standing fans, to call out his material that doesn't deliver. Same with the sentiment change where people are starting to realize that KOTF is garbage.

Guys, have faith. Remember when He released You Belong To the World.

Everyone thought the same thing about it as with False Alarm.

He is going to deliver. Mark my words.

I'm ABELiever.

Um what?

Belong To The World sounds like Thriller compared to False Alarm, the song was not received the same way, even initially.

False Alarm is lukewarm urine but I'm not letting it cloud my excitement for the rest of the album.

Back
Top Bottom