The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^^ gotta throw ICFMF, Wanderlust OG and Do It on there than supplement with your choice of MJ records.
id throw in the night, valerie and probably odd look on there too 
pimp.gif

who is this fake "theweeknd vevo" on youtube?

leaking a fake starboy 
laugh.gif

its kinda dope tho? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I have good faith i can get atleast 5-8 songs i can rotate outta 18 tracks (unless he start doin weeknd skits???)

You guys do realize he's not singing about anything PG in False Alarm lmao y'all need to chill. Still talking bout snorting coke and ******* women, it's just with a different style. It's a good track with a ****** chorus, just put it like that. It's not Disney ish lmao

Abel's HOB was influenced by like Siouxsie and the Banshees but when he starts making songs with a similar sound or tries out punk rock y'all start hating like crazy smh let the man experiment 

Yeah it's the same type of lyrics he's just not as raw as he used to be, the production is wack and it's being packaged like everything else. ICFMF is about coke but it sounds like corny pop music.

Yeah. ICFMF is a perfect Weeknd song as far as the wording is concerned. But the delivery was pure pop and out of dude's character.

Imagine icfmf over a darker beat with a more sinister delivery of the cadence. :{

Yeah. ICFMF is a perfect Weeknd song as far as the wording is concerned. But the delivery was pure pop and out of dude's character.

Imagine icfmf over a darker beat with a more sinister delivery of the cadence. :{
Talmbout
"And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come"

Bruhh...

All I know is if I ever see any slander for Coming Down you kicked out of #NTXO >: . 

jk...
Not really 
nerd.gif

Whoever slanders on HoB in general deserves the boot

Anything that isn't Trilogy or Kiss Land is gonna be deemed as trash at this point
Some songs from BBTM was dope
Can't say the whole album though :lol

Last edited:
I actually think BBTM got better over time. I've been listening to it a lot since the new album was announced. It's still the weaker of all his discography but it's not bad by any means. Only Losers & Angel got deleted *ye shrug*

Haven't turned on him personally I'm just honest with myself

Trash is trash

Some of you guys get personally offended by opinions but you really shouldn't. I'm still a fan just not a fanboy

I don't disagree with those who like the new direction, it's all good

Last edited:
My excitement for the new album went down a notch after False Alarm

Should have just rocked with Starboy until the album dropped

Has nothing to do with his popularity to me. Strictly the music. It sounds like everything else. I can listen to Jason Durulo or Drake for this ****. His music had a certain vibe and mood to it. Ain't no soul in it no more, you can't feel this ****. You can feel The Birds 2, Same Ol Song, Wicked Games, Pretty. This **** now is just normal radio pop music. I wish he made it with KissLand, maybe he wouldn't have gone so far left.

Has nothing to do with his popularity to me. Strictly the music. It sounds like everything else. I can listen to Jason Durulo or Drake for this ****. His music had a certain vibe and mood to it. Ain't no soul in it no more, you can't feel this ****. You can feel The Birds 2, Same Ol Song, Wicked Games, Pretty. This **** now is just normal radio pop music. I wish he made it with KissLand, maybe he wouldn't have gone so far left.

This is probably the most accurate summation of the current state of things. The last song I "felt" was the hills (still top 10 weeknd, idc idc idc). The new stuff is cool, and Starboy was a nice groove, but that stuff doesn't hit me. It is what it is though.

Exactly.

I also wish Kissland would've took off but it just served him proof that he would have to compromise the sound if he wanted what he has now.

I'm never going to fault an artist especially one as great as he is for following their muse, his was pop stardom.

All y'all talking about I wish Kissland took off better have purchased a copy

Back
Top Bottom