The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Your body next to me
Is just a memory
I'm fallin' in too deep, oh
Without you, I can't sleep
Insomnia relieve, oh
Talk to me, without you, I can't breathe

Abel on After Hours my goodness, wish it wasn't a single but not stopping me from spinning it into the ground :smh::sick::smh::sick:

Its kinda cool to see the parallels on High for This as the 1st song on his first album and Until I Bleed Out as the last song on this album.

Reading the lyrics on both while listening gives you chills. The full circle.

BBTM arguably better than Starboy at least in my rankings

Often was a legit thumper and The Hills not too far behind. Throw in As You Are and Acquainted and you got stout group right there

Starboy definitely had volume in terms of good pop songs. Just depends what you value more. Although Ordinary Life still bangs to this day

Just finished the first listen and I like it. I don't love it as a whole, but there are songs and moments (I hate that same *** melody he keeps singrapping in on Snowchild, but that hook is majestic, for example) that I love.

Probably his most solid effort since Kiss Land in my opinion. Threw it right back on repeat.

Able delivered and it gets better with every listen. I think this is his best effort since trilogy. Obviously more commercial than those days, but this is The Weeknd album I’ve been waiting for since he blew up. He was able to use his original sound and morph it into something everyone can appreciate, from the og fans to the new ones. Just enough of a commercial sound mixed with this trademark savagery and crazy vocals. Kissland was super dope but this album does more for me. Im assuming the tour will be pushed back but when it’s all said and done, this will be a really fun album to experience live.

Am I the only that thinks "Hardest to Love" is a certified banger?! Should be the next single IMO

Alone Again and After Hours let's me know him and 070 Shake would make a fire record together. I need to hear that in the future ! :nthat:

source.gif

I don't ever...ever want to hear that

Am I the only that thinks "Hardest to Love" is a certified banger?! Should be the next single IMO
When I took it for what it was it grew on me lol

It sounds like a Ben gibbard song. I can’t unhear the death cab for cutie/postal service in it

Also has oldie vibe sound in there too which is cool. A lot of the tracks have like an 80’s or some other era touch to them

Just my take, but people need to stop considering the Trilogy as one project

These memes that show the trophies with the album covers, they can't just have one trophy represent the Trilogy. That's short changing the hell out of that man

He need to have 3 individual trophies for those. The further away we get from the tapes, the more special and goat level they become

Back
Top Bottom