The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Snowchild gives he chills. Faith got too many quotables. But if I OD, I want you to OD right beside me. I want you follow right behind me. I want you to hold me while I'm smiling. While in dying. And if you know me. When I go missing, you know where to find me.

Whole verse fye.

Kissland had the god level 5 tracks in a row. Professional, the town, adaptation, love in the sky, and belong to the world
No cap
Snowchild gives he chills. Faith got too many quotables. But if I OD, I want you to OD right beside me. I want you follow right behind me. I want you to hold me while I'm smiling. While in dying.

Whole verse fye.
I swearrrr bruh, I was just singing that part rn. Pen game was insane on that track

Been listening heavy, just got back from picking up a to go order in the car

Confirmed what my first impression was: That he isn't singing Singing on this. Vocally, it's not quite there from what we're used to imo. The production on the other hand held up, bringing back KL writer/producer solidified this

There were also a few moments where I felt God level could have occurred but instead fell flat

1. The drop in Faith- when he goes into the distorted voice "I've been sober for a year..." I feel it didn't quite hit its mark sonically. It's almost like a record scratch moment instead of the payoff, sounded/felt way out of place

2. Escape From LA Outro- that whole part was a dope image but the lyricism was lacking imo ("we had sex in the studio"... felt a little corny), that part could have been legendary

I understand those who are saying they're underwhelmed. Ngl, when some of those pop songs come on I don't feel the need to blast the volume in the car 😂

"Alone Again" on repeat

giphy.gif

If he never pre released Heartless, the

Snowchild
Escape from LA
Heartless
Faith

run would have hit differently imo. Wish I never heard Heartless ahead of time

I don't blame ya, it's too difficult to hold out. If we held out on After Hours the

Repeat after me
After Hours
Until I bleed out

Would be also nice as hell

Back
Top Bottom