The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I've still been kinda down bad lately and I'm annoyed because After Hours has been morphed into being the album I was listening to when I was in the deep of going through those rough times

I've been slowly doing better and things haven't been as bad overall, but now when I listen to the album I get the feelings I felt when I first spun it

I really need to associate After Hours with new memories because I love it so much but it hurts to hear it sometimes. Crazy how music can have such strong emotional ties to past experiences and can make you go through feelings you had when you first listened to it.

I've still been kinda down bad lately and I'm annoyed because After Hours has been morphed into being the album I was listening to when I was in the deep of going through those rough times

I've been slowly doing better and things haven't been as bad overall, but now when I listen to the album I get the feelings I felt when I first spun it

I really need to associate After Hours with new memories because I love it so much but it hurts to hear it sometimes. Crazy how music can have such strong emotional ties to past experiences and can make you go through feelings you had when you first listened to it.

I think whenever once the tour starts and seeing the songs live will definitely give you positive feelings.

After hours is heavy as hell. The more I listened to it the more emotion resonated

In fact now I can’t listen to it like all day because it’s like baggage. He really expressed the pain and the pain he caused so clearly. Even the pop songs were heavy

The diff between this and party’s album (which is one of my favorites) is that after hours leaves you feeling bogged down while Party’s is more light

I think whenever once the tour starts and seeing the songs live will definitely give you positive feelings.

Right I'm really hoping I can scoop tickets for resale for the postponed date. I was thinking the same, seeing these songs live and making a new experience for it is necessary. Since we can't leave the house, my experiences with the album are confined to what I'm going through now and being at the crib, hard to shake out of. But def know that concert will be fire

After hours is heavy as hell. The more I listened to it the more emotion resonated

In fact now I can’t listen to it like all day because it’s like baggage. He really expressed the pain and the pain he caused so clearly. Even the pop songs were heavy

The diff between this and party’s album (which is one of my favorites) is that after hours leaves you feeling bogged down while Party’s is more light
You're absolutely right brother. Everytime I listen to After Hours, I find more lyrics that hit exactly at how I'm feeling and what I'm going through. It's such a heavy listen, I could give quotables for days on it. I took a break from After Hours for a few days unless it showed up on shuffle, but when I listened to it yesterday, it hit again. You can hear the pain in what he's saying and in the pen game, and it certainly resonates with me.

You're also right about Party. One specific example of that is with one of my favorite tracks, Trauma. The lyrics on there hit home for me, but since it's lighter of a vibe, it doesn't hit as hard emotionally.

Like this hits hard but it's more upbeat and not as dark of a sounding song so the effect is different:
I'll never meet a girl like you again
Out of everything I lost, I lost a friend

Etc

broncos19dm broncos19dm start hitting up Tinder, they have the free passport thing for this entire month. You can see yambs from across the world :lol:
Lmaooo I've been already talking to mad jaunts on these apps, post quarantine I'm trying to be on moves :lol: already got some plotted but waiting for it to easen up

But naturally things hit harder some days than others so it's been a slump

l3v7fbuunsu41.jpg

True Colors was my favorite track off Starboy at the time and years later it still is. I was always surprised that he didn't push it more but it never gained traction. The lead in always gets me, production is catchy as hell

Ordinary Life is right behind. Die For You rounds out my top 3. Reminder came close and was boosted by the video, that video has so much life in it

I Feel It Coming is def elite pop music

Yeah, I’m in a dancing mood with covid19 and IFIC is the best ending to an album I could ask for; so different from Until I Bleed Out. Ordinary Life is elite XO and one of my favorites too. I really enjoyed this album.

Was about to text one of my exes about those two songs that reminded me of her but this **** is still an option if you don’t bring up the reasons why we broke up.

Back
Top Bottom