The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by AI for MVP

"The clocks don't work, you don't gotta check the time

And the blinds don't work, you don't gotta check the sky"�
dudes are trippin bruh Initiation goes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You have to do certain drugs in order to fully understand/appreciate Initiation.

"Don't you blame it on me, when you're grinding up your teeth and it's $#+**%# hard to sleep".

Originally Posted by loendradio

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

By far my favorite song from the Weeknd it's toooooooo dope and how it leads into 'Initiation'�
pimp.gif

I don't get why 'Initiation' gets so much hate I think it's cool

"The clocks don't work, you don't gotta check the time

And the blinds don't work, you don't gotta check the sky"�

pimp.gif

I have that track set to start auto at 4:39, I only want "The Host"

Finally hearing him sing that hook without pitch-shift after him leaking "Initiation" first was such a trip..
So you skip what may be one of his best songs ever for an interlude
laugh.gif

To each his own always holds true.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I left my girl back hooooooooooooooome, i don't love her no more..........
To this day, the opening to Wicked Games might be my favorite two lines dude has ever penned.

"and she'll never $$%+!@ know that, these $$%+!@ eyes that I'm starring at...."

He's in the whip doin 90 on the freeway with the b in his rear view mirror and a second later he's on top of her. Illest opening ever.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I left my girl back hooooooooooooooome, i don't love her no more..........
To this day, the opening to Wicked Games might be my favorite two lines dude has ever penned.

"and she'll never $$%+!@ know that, these $$%+!@ eyes that I'm starring at...."

He's in the whip doin 90 on the freeway with the b in his rear view mirror and a second later he's on top of her. Illest opening ever.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wait i thought he was in a strip club...

"let me see that as, look at all this cash."

Yea you're definitely right, I guess due to a certain past experience I never had a choice but to interpret that second line as him lookin into his girls eyes one last time and not a strippers. 
tired.gif

Anyone ever listen to Montreal and notice his canadian accent when he says "Out" like "Ooot"

Originally Posted by TSX24

Anyone ever listen to Montreal and notice his canadian accent when he says "Out" like "Ooot"

It's "On" not "Out"

P.S.

I legit think D.D. is better than Dirty Diana.
Crucify me.

Originally Posted by quik1987

It's "On" not "Out"

P.S.

Crucify me.
oh ur right. my badd

Originally Posted by quik1987

It's "On" not "Out"

P.S.

Crucify me.
Even The Weeknd doesn't think D.D. is better than Dirty Diana

H5C made this to "Montreal"...

...hurry up and watch it because they've been gettin' pulled left and right (and after you watch it, you'll see why):

Wow great video.

Not too sure how it really correlates with the song.  My 2 cents are that its based around "happiness exists when you don't know a thing".  Everyone is ok at the beginning sitting at the table trying to forget everything that has been going on.  Mostly based around the father.  He is happy because his wife is ignorant to what is going on.  But the finality of everything catches up to them at the end.  Girl ODs on drugs because the dad rapes her.  The little kid that no one pays attention too is crazy and likes lighting things on fire.  Lights the dad on fire who is an alcoholic.  The mom lives in blissful ignorance while everything is crashing around her (her on boat loving life).

I like how the director showed that "happiness exists when you don't know a thing" but in the end nothing works out.  Nice interpretation. 

could be completely wrong lol just my take

Yea that video sucked, I wonder if they even listened to the lyrics, if I was the weeknd I'd want that *%+% pulled too

Back
Top Bottom