The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by TiDE619

I wish the guy singing along in the video didn't know everything
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I swear NT'ers get caught up in the moment like no other! Now this dude is better than The-Dream???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by RedMan

Side note: followers does equal to how popular you are.

Only to a certain extent. It is not the MAIN measuring stick for popularity. Especially in music. Clearly Dreams proves my statement to be true. How many followers Souja Boi got?

But how popular is Soulja boy? Soulja has his own hits.

these last few pages have been friggin pointless lol. these two to me are nothing alike and i have everysong that both guys have made. 2 totally diff sounds and voices imo. this debate is dumb as hell.

Originally Posted by mdwst9

these last few pages have been friggin pointless lol. these two to me are nothing alike and i have everysong that both guys have made. 2 totally diff sounds and voices imo. this debate is dumb as hell.
Every time I read how similar they are, I chuckle.

Just becuase they both sing, doesn't mean they're in the same lane or anywhere near it.

Within any genre are sub-genres, for some reason most of NT ignores that.

Have no idea why Dream lovers are coming in here acting tough
laugh.gif

You don't see us going into the 3 page Dream thread and talking trash. Smh
laugh.gif

The music biz is like boxing. Gotta protect yourself at all times. Weeknd definitely should give him his props for those three tracks but aside from that everything else is on him. He gave up the songs freely and turned away from being his producer.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

The music biz is like boxing. Gotta protect yourself at all times. Weeknd definitely should give him his props for those three tracks but aside from that everything else is on him. He gave up the songs freely and turned away from being his producer.
Because he realized he wasn't gonna get paid. Other than that, I agree.

I'm interested on what this dude can cook though
nerd.gif

Damn, payday had to be next week. I had 2 tickets to the D.C show in my sights but the funds weren't right 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

nerd.gif
When artists and producers are first starting out its rare to get paid. You're banking on the artist blowing up and then being compensated monetarily or by the promo. He jumped ship right before he blew up. You can kinda tell he knows he played himself a little.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

nerd.gif
When artists and producers are first starting out its rare to get paid. You're banking on the artist blowing up and then being compensated monetarily or by the promo. He jumped ship right before he blew up. You can kinda tell he knows he played himself a little.
How did he play himself though? The man didn't want to produce tracks that weren't in his lane so he bounced. I feel like Rose will have his
day, he seemed genuine about staying organic in that article which is way more than I can say for 90% of producers/entertainers these days. 

Back
Top Bottom