The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Late I know but downloading the noise as i type this... 
pimp.gif

House Of Balloons still on heavy rotation.

You guys DO realize that The Noise "EP" is just a small collection of unreleased The Weeknd songs from when he was part of the We Are The Noise songwriting/production group right (Those songs are from 2009-2010)?

Like, the songs are definitely
pimp.gif
, but it's weird to see it referred to as if it were a new body of music or something.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

You guys DO realize that The Noise "EP" is just a small collection of unreleased The Weeknd songs from when he was part of the We Are The Noise songwriting/production group right (Those songs are from 2009-2010)?

Like, the songs are definitely
pimp.gif
, but it's weird to see it referred to as if it were a new body of music or something.
THIS
Weeknd is on some dark, gritty, evil side of the glam life steez. "The Noise EP" sounds like some regular ol R&B. "Rescue Me" sounds like it could fit well during the credits of some kids movie

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by SonOfTony
Claimed via Twitter that he won't release unless Youtube puts "Rolling Stone" back up.
There was an actual music video??????

Naw, the OG video that he put up with the audio and the image of his reflection.
People are  saying that YouTube may have taken it down because of unauthorized sampling. But that doesn't make sense, because 3/4's of all hip hop on YouTube would therefore have to be taken down 
laugh.gif

I just want Thursday already. Even though he said that on Twitter, I have a feeling that he never intended to release it today anyway. Truthfully, I'm not even expecting it to release on a Thursday.

i'd be pretty heated too if people kept making unauthorized videos to my music.

Originally Posted by Slim

i'd be pretty heated too if people kept making unauthorized videos to my music.

why? your getting free promo + it shows how much people like your music

I've been listening to the tape for a while now, but I'm just now researching the samples. Doc McKinneny and Illangelo did an insane job producing the tape:

Originally Posted by Rhino So

I've been listening to the tape for a while now, but I'm just now researching the samples. Doc McKinneny and Illangelo did an insane job producing the tape:

i already knew about the beach house samples but 
eek.gif
@ the house of balloons samples..
it makes me appreciate the mixtape ALOT more now

I was watch the movie Daydream Nation and heard one of the samples (Beach House-Master of None)
drove me crazy trying to recall where I recognized it from

Back
Top Bottom