The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
My boy said he didn't like the second half of Professional.

It made me reevaluate our friendship.

Put dope in his trunk and call the police...

...honestly, the only thing that tops the second half of "Professional" to me is "Kiss Land."

But coming in third, "Tears In The Rain"...

Wow surprised some ppl didn't like his performance. I tthought it was great, better than other ppl who perform live that's for sure

Great performance

Glad he let the voice go at the end on some ad libs. Good to hear the MJ WHOOO in there.

Wow I just watched on YouTube. I don't even like pretty but that performance sort of changed my mind

This guy is easily my Favorite Artist right now.

And I honestly haven't had a "FAVORITE" artist since like 98' :lol:

My boy said he didn't like the second half of Professional.

It made me reevaluate our friendship.

:smh:

Wildin'... This song takes me back, gives me that HOB vibe. :pimp:

Any reviews on his concerts? Please put in a spoiler.
My body is ready for next weekend/his concert.

Last edited:
Weeknd is already my second favorite artist behind MJ. Those are the only two who's entire catalogues I can rock out to/vibe to from A to Z.

I ordered a digital download of the album from Myplaydirect.com....yet see no signs of an email giving me a link to dl the album...

How do digital albums work??

i'm pretty annoyed that i preordered from the shop and STILL havent received it. the concert is tomorrow and i want a copy to get signed and i might just have to cop from target or walmart. Never gonna order from the store again

Performance was good... Coulda been great if he would've performed the 1st part of professional & second part of kiss land back to back.... That would've been mind blowing

OMG can't wait for UC Berkeley tonight.

Bout to be rolling, just picked up a quarter of OG from the store, all I need now is a yamb lined up for after incase I strike out at the show. :pimp: :lol:

Performance was good... Coulda been great if he would've performed the 1st part of professional & second part of kiss land back to back.... That would've been mind blowing

I like the song the way it is... with that transition into The Town.

Surely he did some of Trilogy right, HOB in particular??

My mom is  was officially a Weeknd fan now.

I came back home for the weekend and we were riding around cruising to Kiss Land  and she was vibing and grooving something serious...

Asks me, "Why does this sound like Michael Jackson with a deeper voice? Why do I enjoy this when it sounds so dark?" 
smokin.gif

My mom is ultra conservative and I proceed to tell her that "90% of these songs are referring to prostitutes and drugs, you now that right?"

Her: 
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
mean.gif

"Put something else on." 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

^ :lol: You gotta tell here "that's the essence of the weeknd's music, such beauty stemmed from a dark, dark, place."

Back
Top Bottom