The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
so you skip half the cd?

laugh.gif

Skip Kissland?

I actually kinda like Live For now, even though I still think they underwhelmed, I don't skip it like I thought I would. I can only hope they give us more collaborations soon

Last edited:
Damb that is a decent chunk of the cd lol. I just can't get with wanderlust like yall do, everytime you.guys post :wow: for wanderlust and even worse for the pharrel mix, I realize just how different musical tastes can be.

I legitimately played the song Kiss Land about 100 times or so, but at this point I only get down with the second part, it didn't stand the test of time for me, and I burned it out.

I would never discredit how great HOB is to yall, but It's my least favorite tape. It's good but I feel that Thursday and EOS took it to a whole nother level. I only listen to "Wicked Games", "Glass Table Girls", and "Coming Down" the rest are good, but I still skip em. I enjoy the chopped and screwed HOB much more than the official version.

Just started listening to dude last week. Boy was I missing out. Dude is talented and his content is ill. 

That Pretty vid 
smokin.gif

They're all great projects though. I have some skips on Kiss Land tbh (BTTW,Wanderlust,Live For, Kiss Land), and it is too recent for me to rank it high right now. 
I never been to partial to HOB tbh.
I also think Wanderlust is a bit overrated in the this thread BUT...

You're out of your got damn mind to not fu** with Belong To The World, sh**'s a masterpiece my G.

Last edited:
Seriously the pretty vid.....wow. He never disappoints.

Maybe its just me but i think the album flows perfectly and i can't skip a track. I have skipped kissland once or twice because since it was the first song to come out i have heard it way more then the rest of the album. But i think the town is slightly forgettable but not bad by any means. I think as a whole the album flows perfect. Live For and wonderlust are a perfect break/separation of the album. I actually really like Live For.....but Adaptation will probably remain my favorite song on the album for a while.

im probably slow and missed the point of the pretty vid, but was he smashing and then he killed her, or was she cheating? why did the driver say she missed you?

im probably slow and missed the point of the pretty vid, but was he smashing and then he killed her, or was she cheating? why did the driver say she missed you?

Not sure why the driver said that, and yes you are slow :lol:

For the video he flipped the meaning of that "as long as you know that when I land, you're mine" line as a response to the fact that she had moved on while he was gone, like he says in the song. That's it really.

Just probing some abstract thoughts, but what if he's trying to kill the memory of her? Through drugs or the night life.
Could be a literal translation though and possibly make the portis head machine gun sample that much more significant.

Idk, it's early Monday morning, I'm probably reaching.

Album wide theory. Because this girl he's in love with belongs to the world, he has to kill the memory of her

I personally thought the video flipped the song on its head. I probably like the song more now thanks to the video.

Initial thought: He thinks that he makes her feel pretty/beautiful and that they have a connection that no one can take away. Even if she is in love with some one else he makes her feel a way no one else can

Now:
The sinister vibe of the song

"As long as you know when i land your mine" he is coming for her not for sex :lol:
"and you will never feel so pretty" because you will be dead
"and when i make it there....." >:

The balance of i loved you but hate you and i want you to think its ok but it hurts me inside. Honestly this dude is a genius.

The french at the end of the song translates to this apparently

When a ******* white dove sings its song, that’s all we hear.
Days roll like string in the wind.
Tangled into my web I reveal them again.
It’s been 10 years, my friend, that nothing else matters.
She was just a kid at this time
Suffering from a broken heart, a very deep pain.
This is where I saw her, alone, ready to begin her 17 years

I thought the vid was about the first lines of the song

Somebody telling me it was pointless for me to come back
Into your arms
Said you **** another man
Finally, i knew this day would come

Last edited:
Trill or anyone hitting the Atlanta show, what are you all going to be on next Monday?

Finally decided to shift some stuff around so I can buy tickets. Low key thinking about just hitting a bottle of whiskey... but kinda want to roll.

Back
Top Bottom